Your Fave Festive Tunes?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • So what are your fave festive Tunes post them here?

One of mine is "Fairytale Of New York" by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• The Holly and the Ivy

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• One of mine is "Fairytale Of New York" by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.

I love that, but I'm in the minority in my household on that!

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I love that, but I'm in the minority in my household on that!

Made me feel old when I read that it has been around for 30 years and I remember buying the 12 inch single of it still have it somewhere. :(

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• This was on one year when I was driving down to my mothers in Cornwall for Christmas. Was on the A30 near Okehampton, freezing cold, snow and freezing fog. There was even ice forming on the inside of the windscreen! Always remember that.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• One of mine is "Fairytale Of New York" by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.

Still been playing that over the last few week. :) A nice real and gritty song which is totally different from the usual fake lets be happy stuff.

• So what are your fave festive Tunes post them here?

One of mine is "Fairytale Of New York" by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.

Still my favourite tune, but another has been popular in my house over the last few weeks, but more on that tomorrow.

• Still my favourite tune, but another has been popular in my house over the last few weeks, but more on that tomorrow.

Hate that song, uses the "faggot" word

My favourites are Harry Belafonte "Scarlet Ribbons" seldom heard these days, and Boney M "Marys Boy Child

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I really like Bony M's song too.

• Joni Mitchell.... River. The best oa all.

I am but mad north north west.. But when the wind is southerly I know a Hawke from a Handsaw.

People don't believe lies because they have to - they believe lies because they want to.

• Never heard of that, but I have now, here's the song for everyone to have a listen to:

• Phenominal.

I am but mad north north west.. But when the wind is southerly I know a Hawke from a Handsaw.

People don't believe lies because they have to - they believe lies because they want to.

• Requiem a la memoire de Louis XVI

Miserere - Music from the Royal Chapel Naples

Choir of King's College, Cambridge, Stephen Cleobury

Dean Martin

Frank Sinatra

Lisa Wahlandt

And pretty much anything that takes my fancy from techno to opera. I love all music and have a very broad spectrum. It depends on what mood I'm in and how respectful I want to be to my neighbours. But Christmas classics for me would be the traditional hymns and Gregorian chants but I could just as easily listen to any of the above you have all listed. I've really enjoyed and have been listening to quite a lot this year the Portuguese Ivan Lins 'Um Novo Tempo' album and Lisa Wahlandt 'Marlene' album German folk songs and Christmas carols al la jazz style.

How do you embed movies on here?

Edited once, last by Horizon: repasted youtube link ().

• The Christians and The Pagans by Dar Williams is one of my personal faves.

Not only is it an enjoyable song, but it says much about the differences within families that have the potential to cause conflict, but can be healed by tolerance and acceptance. These things are especially relevant during the Christmas / Solstice time when families get together and find themselves in social situations that can quickly become awkward.

Dar Williams is a very clever songwriter and for anybody not familiar with her music, I suggest you just give this a listen.......

• How do you embed movies on here?

Copy and paste the full URL. If it can be embedded that should be enough.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Dar Williams.... Sounds good.

• How do you embed movies on here?

As far as I can tell you did it correctly, but I've edited your post and just re-pasted the link again and it's working now.