Sky and BT agree to sell each other's services

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Sky and BT have have signed a deal to sell their channels on each other's platforms.

Under the deal, BT will now supply its sports channels - which show UEFA Champions League and Premier League football - to Sky.

In addition, BT will be able to sell Sky's Now TV service - which includes Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and the Sky Atlantic channel - to its customers.

I can't help but think that like the Disney/Fox deal announced yesterday, this is another sign that the traditional media companies view companies like Facebook as such a threat (I know how they feel!;)) that traditional competitors are coopering with each other rather than ferociously at each others throats all the time.

This is good news for consumers though. I'm not a sports fan, but its a pain if you don't even have the choice to subscribe to a particular channel because its being withheld from the competing company.

There is no mention of whether Sky will make available to BT, Sky Atlantic which shows Game of Thrones. So, they're not being too chummy with each other then.

Does anyone have BT's tv service here?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• At long last, it seems that the BT/Sky deal will be fully implemented by the end of March 2020. Good news for BT customers because at last they will get all the Sky channels, through Now TV, including Sky Atlantic.

Although the latest Sky/Virgin deal did not include the provision of the Sky Atlantic channel, I have speculated elsewhere that once the BT deal is completed, Virgin Media may be given access to Sky Atlantic through the on demand service, as well as UHD material.

I guess we will soon see if that comes to pass!

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/0…-tv-launch-timescale.html

Protect the vulnerable and get back to work