What would you like Father Christmas to bring you this year?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • I've bought some PS4 games for my brother and I have made a wish-list that includes a new hard drive as all my current drives are filled up.

Anyone else been busy shopping?

As for the big man, he won't get down my chimney. I had a top put on it a few years ago to stop the birds falling down it, but I do leave a few mince pies out for him every year and they always get eaten.;)

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• What I really want can't be bought, but I live in hope and it's number one on my wish list.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• My beloved and I have decided it's tokens only this year between ourselves. I've got all the "toys " ( as she calls them) I want and it seems silly buying things which rarely or never get used after the novelty has worn off. What with iPads, iPods, and iPhones and Amazon Echo I can't even keep up with what they can all do now, never mind getting anything else. 8)

• I could do with a new digital camera with video capability but I'm patient enough to wait for the sales to start and see if I can bag a bargain. Between me and the OH it'll be smaller gifts as we have a range of "toys" to play with anyway.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I would prefer in my household that we just exchanged one small gift each and perhaps that may change in the future, but I was overruled on this a long time ago.

I spent a load of time in Costco on Friday night buying presents which while nice to open on the day, are otherwise total rubbish, keeps the shops in business though....:rolleyes:

My beloved and I have decided it's tokens only this year between ourselves. I've got all the "toys " ( as she calls them) I want and it seems silly buying things which rarely or never get used after the novelty has worn off. What with iPads, iPods, and iPhones and Amazon Echo I can't even keep up with what they can all do now, never mind getting anything else.

How are you getting on with your Echo, I remember you saying here earlier in the year that you got one of those? Do you find it useful?

• I would prefer in my household that we just exchanged one small gift each and perhaps that may change in the future, but I was overruled on this a long time ago.

I spent a load of time in Costco on Friday night buying presents which while nice to open on the day, are otherwise total rubbish, keeps the shops in business though....:rolleyes:

How are you getting on with your Echo, I remember you saying here earlier in the year that you got one of those? Do you find it useful?

I'm in love with it almost. ^^ With that and subscribing to Amazon music it's wonderful. General knowledge questions, If I'm doing a crossword and don't the capital of somewhere, Alexa will tell me. Any radio station, just ask. Ask for virtually song and it's played. I get the local weather and the news while I'm getting dressed in the morning. If an old car is parked outside for a day or two I can check it's taxed and MOTd , get the definition of words I don't know and check spellings and get phrases translated into other languages and play adventure games. I can even set it to bark like a dog every now and then if we go out to deter burglars.

See? I'm just a big kid really.;)

• See? I'm just a big kid really.

I see it as becoming an essential way of life in the future. If it can do all that now, then future gadgets will only get better.

When you say play music, do you mean your own, or the radio, or both? Do you have to set it up first to tell it where the your music files are located?

• I see it as becoming an essential way of life in the future. If it can do all that now, then future gadgets will only get better.

People won't need to think at all. Their brains will atrophy. Mind you seeing the phone zombies around these days it's already happening.

Most of these gadgets have precious little security and are easily hacked. Recent tests showed that children's toys could be used to send and receive sound and video remotely. Now who would want to do that?:/

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• There was a article not so long ago about Samsung Smart TVs getting hacked so that a remote viewer could access the built in cameras.

It maybe a while before Echo/Alexia joins my household, but I am tempted.

• I see it as becoming an essential way of life in the future. If it can do all that now, then future gadgets will only get better.

When you say play music, do you mean your own, or the radio, or both? Do you have to set it up first to tell it where the your music files are located?

I subscribe to Amazon music which gives access to 40 million songs ( Allegedly.) and you can make your own playlists so you can listen at any time or to one of their music stations of your choice such as easy listening, pop, jazz, whatever. And you can access virtually any radio station. To play my iTunes collection I can connect my iPad to the Amazon speaker via Bluetooth and that gives a lot better sound quality than the iPad.

• Don't know anything about Amazon music, but that's given me a idea for a future thread, though.

I've just finished wrapping up the last batch of presents after being at the bloody shops all morning. How I enjoy all the crowds...;) Anyway, all my Christmas prep is done and I have been told that for the first time in 15 years, I get a day off at Christmas and someone else is doing the cooking for a change. So, rather looking forward to the day now!^^

• Glad you are having dins cooked for you. Enjoy. xx

• This evening we have 'my' half of the family coming over and we get a Chinese meal delivered. ( Not that we're Chinese but it's become a bit of a tradition over the last 3 or 4 years now.) and then on Monday we go my beloved's half of the family for a traditional Christmas dinner.

So my beloved doesn't have to do any extra cooking at all. :)

• Lot's of food and drink to stuff ourselves silly with, so another words a traditional Christmas with out all the religious bollocks.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I will be roasting a turkey on Sunday, so it will just be all the veg and rice, etc on Monday.

• We're hosting Chistmas dinner this year with my sister and her Morrocan (Muslim) boyfriend. I'll have to do my special pigs-in-blankets in a separate oven and tools. Still it's no worse than when I did Crimbo dinner for six with two rabid vegetarians. Bit of a military operation there, down in Cornwall in a country kitchen, I had an ordinary cooker and an Aga / Rayburn to call upon. I remember saying "Anybody who comes in my kitchen is dead" Still the dinner was served at the time I said it would be and it was right.

4312-gwban-gif

• This evening we have 'my' half of the family coming over and we get a Chinese meal delivered. ( Not that we're Chinese but it's become a bit of a tradition over the last 3 or 4 years now.) and then on Monday we go my beloved's half of the family for a traditional Christmas dinner.

So my beloved doesn't have to do any extra cooking at all. :)

Have a nice day, Morgan.:)

Never tried a Chinese takeaway. I guess I should expand my palette a little bit and give it a go.

Lot's of food and drink to stuff ourselves silly with, so another words a traditional Christmas with out all the religious bollocks.

Snap. Except I've got to do less stuffing this year.

Have a nice time Ron.

We're hosting Chistmas dinner this year with my sister and her Morrocan (Muslim) boyfriend. I'll have to do my special pigs-in-blankets in a separate oven and tools. Still it's no worse than when I did Crimbo dinner for six with two rabid vegetarians. Bit of a military operation there, down in Cornwall in a country kitchen, I had an ordinary cooker and an Aga / Rayburn to call upon. I remember saying "Anybody who comes in my kitchen is dead" Still the dinner was served at the time I said it would be and it was right.

Well, they can't complain then.

One of my cousins, whom in the past I have invited for Christmas dinner, is now a rabid vegan too. But I won't be seeing her around Christmas as she is "busy". She's a white witch and you can guess (she lives in Dorset) where they all head at this time of year...

Have a nice day too, Heero.:)

• Did you get the gift you have been dying to receive all year, or was it just another pair of socks?^^ What presents did you get this Christmas and more to the point, did you want them?

And, in the true sprit of Christmas, why presents did you give to others?

• ^^

I was a bit early with the thread.

• We don't open our presents until later in the afternoon in my house, but my brother has already opened one of his he got from a mate and it's a drone....:rolleyes: He says he's heading to Southend airport later to try it out!:evil:

• That time of year again, what would you like to find under your Christmas tree this year?