News you didn't know you wanted to know

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Poor nuns. Many priests get up to all kinds of shenanigans but because they don't get pregnant, no one finds out.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Full story and pictures on link above including ice "pancakes" phenonena.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Aren't the things that nature does amazing

Smaller versions would be nice in drimks

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• A group of wild boars uncovered an underground drugs ring after they destroyed £17k worth of cocaine buried by shady dealers in a forest in Tuscany.

The boars binged on thousands of euros worth of the class A that had been hidden from cops in the forest and was traded between local nightclubs in the Italian city of Arezzo.

Italian newspaper, Il Tirreno reported how cops rumbled the drug-mad hogs and their dealers after listening in on a phone call between the criminals.

They were heard berating the boars for destroying the stash, hidden in Valdichiana valley.

^^

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I wonder if they'll get it to hatch.:/

4312-gwban-gif

• The egg will hatch if it's fertile.

• I wonder if they'll get it to hatch.:/ :D

'gay penguins'? I've heard everything now! :D

There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• Fascinating story. I suppose they couldn't go down the Elton John route and adopt one.^^

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It's interesting what our animal friends do naturally yet similar things are derided by some humans

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• It's unlikely that the penguins are gay in the same way humans are. Often animals pair off because there is a lack of opposite gender. The instinct to breed is strong enough to cause them to choose from what is available. I have witnessed this. It is the same when animals or birds choose a mate from another breed. They aren't engaging in multiculturalism, they are responding to a lack of a mate from their own breed, or even species.

Homosexual parings may happen in other species but that would need to be assessed in comparison to the way they occur among humans. Humans are not responding to a lack of the opposite sex, they are consciously choosing a mate from the same gender.

• It's unlikely that the penguins are gay in the same way humans are. Often animals pair off because there is a lack of opposite gender. The instinct to breed is strong enough to cause them to choose from what is available. I have witnessed this. It is the same when animals or birds choose a mate from another breed. They aren't engaging in multiculturalism, they are responding to a lack of a mate from their own breed, or even species.

Homosexual parings may happen in other species but that would need to be assessed in comparison to the way they occur among humans. Humans are not responding to a lack of the opposite sex, they are consciously choosing a mate from the same gender.

Why do you think it unlikely that penguins are gay

There are endless examples of animals paired up with the same sex, ands simulating sexual activity. Very prolific are dogs of course

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• There are endless examples of animals paired up with the same sex, ands simulating sexual activity. Very prolific are dogs of course

When dogs mount other dogs, and stallions mount other stallions, etc. it is to establish dominance, not for sexual pleasure as happens with humans.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• When dogs mount other dogs, and stallions mount other stallions, etc. it is to establish dominance, not for sexual pleasure as happens with humans.

Are you sure that also doesn't apply to some humans? ;)

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Are you sure that also doesn't apply to some humans? ;)

I am damn sure it does, and not always with consent.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• A woman has threatened to divorce her husband after he covered their entire kitchen in wrapping paper – including the chopping board and utensils.

Nichola Mullen-King, from Newcastle, shared snaps of her festive kitchen to Facebook, revealing it took her other half, Carl, two hours to wrap up their entire kitchen.

The idea started out as an Elf of the Shelf prank, but soon got out of hand.

Sharing snaps of her new-look kitchen to Facebook, she wrote: “My a******e of a husband came up with the bright idea for us to wrap part of the kitchen for elf on the shelf.

Pictures and story on link above.

4312-gwban-gif

• Cod almighty — frozen fish giant Birds Eye is launching an aftershave.

“Scent of the sea” Ahoy! is inspired by the company’s bearded mascot Captain Birdseye.

Just 50 bottles of the eau de toilette have been created by perfumers, to be given away.

A spokesman for Birds Eye, better known for its fish fingers, said: “Inspired by the hypnotic and evocative power of the high seas, this aromatic scent is reminiscent of a fresh ocean breeze, bursting with top notes of zingy grapefruit, sweet mandarin, and intoxicating patchouli for a sharp and energising burst with every spritz.

Probably with an after scent of wet haddock. :D

4312-gwban-gif

• The Apprentice last night had the contestants making and marketing a new parfum

The stuff they put in was unbelievable, including rhubarb

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• An incredible Japanese crystal garden that took 45 years to make has been hiding behind a modest home.

These photos show the amazing "Pure Land Meditation Centre and Japanese Garden" which has been created by a former Monk in Nottinghamshire.

Koji Takeuchi, who refers to himself as Buddha Maitreya, has lovingly crafted the two-acre wonderland with four fish ponds.

Maitreya, 79, uses the space to teach visitors about meditation and his beliefs in "the way of oneness".

Click on link above for some amazing pictures and the full story.

4312-gwban-gif

• Lovely, isn't it

We have a pond with Koi carp some of which are a good few years old and very big but nothing like this mans

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Headline: Whodungit:

Full story and pictures on link above. Good thing we don't have html smells. ^^

4312-gwban-gif

• I put my money on a farmer who's stuff keeps getting nicked, so he's ensuring that his misery is shared by everyone...:rolleyes:

Click on link above for some amazing pictures and the full story.

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for that link.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Think I'll take a closer look at the display of flowering cacti in our local B&Q to see if they're faked as well.

4312-gwban-gif

• Tonight is the first New Moon of 2020, i's called the Wolf Moon allegedly because the wolves howled louder to find their prey in the frozen winter

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Each new moon has it's name. Watch for the partial (Penumbral) eclipse to make the full moon red. 7:21 peak.

January 10 - Full Wolf Moon

February 9 - Full Snow Moon

March 9 - Full Worm Moon

April 8 - Full Pink Moon

May 7 - Full Flower Moon

June 5 - Full Strawberry Moon

July 5 - Full Buck Moon

August 3 - Full Sturgeon Moon

September 2 - Full Corn Moon

October 2 - Full Hunter’s Moon

October 31 - Blue Moon

November 30 - Full Beaver’s Moon

December 30 - Full Cold Moon

4312-gwban-gif