Trumps possible conflicts of interest?

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• I doubt Trump is unique in that respect. All politicians have their fingers in several pies. Being President doesn't give him unlimited control.

Trump is already wealthy. I would be more interested in learning how some people enter politics and then become seriously wealthy, to the tune of billions. It certainly doesn't arise from their politicians salaries.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• I guess the question is if Trump had to make a decision that could adversely affect one of his business interests would he do it?

I've forgotten now, but there was a lot about this subject when he became president.

There is still the ongoing issue that he hasn't published his accounts, so I would suggest this topic will become very hot again at some point in the future.

I doubt Trump is unique in that respect. All politicians have their fingers in several pies. Being President doesn't give him unlimited control.

Trump is already wealthy. I would be more interested in learning how some people enter politics and then become seriously wealthy, to the tune of billions. It certainly doesn't arise from their politicians salaries.

I touched upon this in another thread, but in the UK the term is NED - Non-executive director.

Many politicians become NEDS of companies and other organisations such as charities. But the worst ones are the quangos, government agencies staffed by all their friends, all with massive salaries. I'm sure the U.S. is like this too and they have extra layers of bureaucracy as they have federal, state and local government agencies and quangos.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.