White people to pay £10 more than black people to hear Corbyn speech

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Jeremy Corbyn faced a race row last night for making white people pay more than ethnic minorities to hear him deliver a speech.

The dispute erupted over a decision by Labour chiefs to charge black and ethnic minority activists £10 less per ticket than white activists to attend a rally next month.

Tory MPs last night accused Labour of racism and said it was further evidence that the party had abandoned the white working class.

Labour officials defended the decision to make white party members pay £40 to attend the East Midlands Labour gathering in Loughborough on February 17.

Youth also get discounted tickets, so if I say I'm black and a youth, I reckon I'll pay a fiver a ticket to hear Corbyn's speech.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Youth also get discounted tickets, so if I say I'm black and a youth, I reckon I'll pay a fiver a ticket to hear Corbyn's speech.

I think I'd pay good money not to hear the speech. <X

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I was thinking along similar lines, Heero. I wonder, will any 'working class' people, the supposed base of labour voters, actually attend?

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• It begs the question, what is their base now?

• As we saw with last year's Glastonbury festival, Corbyn does have huge support from the young. They treated him like a rock star. Lets see how his support goes from the traditional public sector workers if he prioritises "some" over others, as he has done with his upcoming speech.

• However furious Tory MP Andrew Bridgen hit out: “It is disappointing that Labour had to be forced kicking and screaming to remove the discriminatory, divisive and illegal racial surcharge on tickets to their East Midlands Conference.

The Leicester MP - who made an official complaint about the tickets - added: “It was setting a very dangerous precedent insulting the white working class and patronising ethnic minorities and would have been exploited by extremists on the political fringes.”

“Labour still has questions to answer as to how such an illegal and irresponsible proposition could have been adopted in the first place and they also owe an assurance it will never be repeated.”

It's racial discrimination and they need to be bought to book over it.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Youth also get discounted tickets, so if I say I'm black and a youth, I reckon I'll pay a fiver a ticket to hear Corbyn's speech.

If I could be young, black and gay, maybe they'd end up paying me to hear Corbyn's speech

• You missed one: disabled.8o

• You missed one: disabled.8o

He could always cut an arm or leg off. :/

4312-gwban-gif

• When will they learn: Discrimination is discrimination no matter which ethnic or gender group it is applied to.

4312-gwban-gif

• But they don't ever learn, though do they? In their minds, equality means favouring one race/gender/sexuality over another aka what most sane people would call discrimination.

Interesting that Labour have done the same sort of thing again only a few weeks after the last incident.

• To be honest its very rare the discrimination card is played in favour of white heterosexual men, they are usually the ones that are considered fair game when it comes to insults and discrimination from what I have experienced, and kind of ironic that it's a tabloid doing the accusing of discrimination against white heterosexual men.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.