Political Correctness

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Do some Googling and You Tubing on Jordan Petersen

For starters try this half hour interview by Cathy Newman, it obtained over 4 million viewings in about a week:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There is another one also half an hour where he reflects on that interview with Cathy Newman and much else, which also fascinating:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Politely and eloquently he reduces those who peddle the currentday precepts on this subject to pygmies

And believe me, they don't come much more pygmy-like than Cathy Newman

Am I alone in thinking that this is the kind of person who might influence society to discard its recent stupid and dangerous preoccupations?

Edited once, last by Horizon: Corrected youtube vids so that they play and edited one sentence. (January 29, 2018 at 1:46 PM).

Darts will no longer use walk-on girls after pressure from broadcasters

Women have accompanied players onto the stage for some years - something which has been regularly criticised - and the PDC has decided to act

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/…v-a8180876.html

This situation is becoming more ridiculous every day. It was reported on Ceefax that one girl complained that 60% of her income came from darts and that banning her from doing her job was a breach of her human rights and I entirely agree with her. If these girls want to earn a few pounds doing it what harm is there? I really don't know what is wrong with some of the mad army of feminists who seem to have arisen protesting about men admiring females who, at least in my experience, like to be told they look nice.

The whole silliness of the matter is shown by the fact that many of the vociferous women are still dressing in short skirts and low cut dresses with their cleavage showing. If they were that bothered they'd all be wearing bloody burqas.

• Is political correctness just like a game of Top Trumps?

It seems to me that when it comes to political correctness and what people are offended by it's like a game of Top Trumps, in that certain "isms" and "phobias" out rank each other and score higher, from what I have seen Islamophobia seems to be top trumps it outranks all the others like anti-Semitism, racism, sexism, homophobia etc, so do we need to have a list compiled to enable us to know which ones take precedence?

( Please note I may or may not be being totally serious about this 8o)

• Political correctness is just a way of concealing (or silencing talk of) the bad things that people do. Truth now takes second place to political correctness, because the truth can be quite worrying and is 100% guaranteed to offend someone (usually the cause or the perpetrators).

It reminds me of Orwells 1984.

Personally, I prefer people to say exactly what they think, rather than what is expected of them. You don't have to agree with what they say, but you can then decide whether they are honest and truthful and therefore make a fairer judgement of that person. If they just trot out platitudes and 'diplomacy' then you never know what they are thinking, or what they are likely to do. They could (and often do) lead you astray. We even have a new word for it, it's called 'spin', ie. half truths, or lies, intended to deceive.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• By our law, thanks to our wonderfully liberal judges, thought crime is illegal too.

Number one is racism and it's the one thing I will not tolerate on this site and there is no exception to that, as some have found out...

Our law is now too skewed to the extreme left/liberal agenda. You cannot express certain opinions now, as the courts would deem them hate crimes. The number one "crime" these days is being offensive. We all grow up with, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." But the judges and the politicians who made the laws, see it differently. Being offensive under certain conditions is illegal by UK law.

We have no freedom of expression laws in the UK and we do not have the right to air certain opinions, if they may offend certain people. Orwell was mentioned, well here's another one of his quotes, "we're all equal, but some are more equal than others." That just about sums it up and its not as if a certain politician from the past never foresaw such a situation, because he did.

====

Note: If this topic strays into the subject of race, religion and immigration it will get merged into this thread:

The Great Debate on Immigration, Race and Religion in the UK

Please try to stay on the topic of political correctness, thank you.

Edit:

June 2020: The above notice no longer applies.

• The problem nowadays, is that there is no distinction between the 'truth' and 'hate speech'.

People are vilified and prosecuted for being truthful these days, eg. If grooming gangs are mostly Muslim, then that fact should be revealed without the threat of prosecution.

The more the establishment (and liberals) try to silence us, the greater the fear. If what I have read is true, some EU countries are now prevented from mentioning the 'race' of criminals. In the UK, there are measures being taken to prevent schools recording the nationalities of their pupils, yet those who have a large majority of immigrant children are given more money to cope with having non-English speaking pupils. Rather contradictory, isn't it? How can they do one, without the other?

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Does freedom of expression exist in the UK?

Freedom of expression is dead in the UK. Expressing an opinion can see you arrested and charged with a crime. Schools, universities and the public sector are now re-education camps who's sole purpose is to indoctrinate.

My petition:

Repeal The Equality Act 2010

The Equality Act 2010 prohibits freedom of thought and expression. These are the cornerstones of a free democratic society. The Act forces a belief system onto the public and criminalises those who have the "wrong" views. Please allow The UK to be a free society once again.

Please help protect freedom of expression by signing and sharing my petition:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/2269…UWJZMD9Lk5CmVGU

• In answer to the OP's question, freedom of expression is not dead in the UK, but severely limited. It happens to be the main issue with running a site like this, in that you cannot truly cannot say what you want.

For those unaware, The Equality Act is the latest and consolidated version of the various Race Relations and Disability discrimination acts from the last few decades.

I've read the act and when/if I get the time, will post some bits from it to discuss here.

Personally, I think this Act at the very least needs a "bit" of a rewrite.

• Baby, It's Cold Outside is one of those Christmas songs that's about as traditional as mince pies.

But an American radio station's decision to pull it from playlists because it's seen as unsuitable in the #MeToo era has reignited a debate about the song, and raised questions about other potentially questionable Christmas classics.

Wish I hadn't read this article now.X/

I thought it was going to be about whether we're boring listening to the same old Christmas songs, but instead its about the ultra PC world we now live in.:thumbdown::sleeping:

The argument about the song is that its about rape, should it be banned?

I've listened to the song every Christmas and more so, and will continue to do so.

• Oh for fuck sake, some people obviously have way much time on their hands if they can sit there and analyse the words of a song that much as to come up with that load of bollocks. 8|:rolleyes::thumbdown:

• Alastair Campbell told to 'shut up' during Newsnight Brexit debate

People's Vote campaigner Alastair Campbell and journalist Jenni Russell clash on Newsnight.

Gosh!

Someone tells the biggest mouthpiece in the world to shut up and it becomes big news on the BBC. I'm sure the BBC bosses must be having an emergency meeting on the matter as so much offence has been called.

Imagine if she told him to F-off instead!^^

• I don't think we should mix up the governments' agenda to indoctrinate the people going to schools and uni's with the overall right of free speech and expression.

We live in one of, if not the most free society on the planet. Freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean that we can say whatever we want wherever we want and to whoever we want. Its part of a broader ideal in that we are free to be our own person and to make our own way in life the we see fit to do so. The majority of the worlds population don't enjoy that luxury so I feel thankful for that everyday and think it's something we shouldn't take for granted but too often do.

• @routemaster387  Heero Yuy

This has been resolved. A recent update to the site's software was made to comply with European GDPR regs which blocked external images. I was unaware of this and the images have now been unblocked.:)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!