Political Correctness

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Does any of this matter. A word is a combination of letters, these words can't break your bones, they can't burn your skin, and you won't go broke as a result. People such such as Saha, Stirling, and Rose need to grow a backbone.

Under current legislation the kid committed a Hate Crime.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Under current legislation the kid committed a Hate Crime.

I know the law, but it doesn't mean the law isn't stupid. I don't even see why it is racist. He called him a black c%£t, well, he is black, and if he thinks he is a c%£t, that's just an opinion. I can understand what he wrote was abusive, just can't see how it is racist.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• The legislation makes it clear that to mention somebody’s skin colour in a derogatory comment is a Hate Crime. The question of racism is harder to pin down hence they invented Hate Crime. The question of racism is now a moot point.

This type of language and it’s casual usage undermines arguments that the law has gone too far. Years ago this was common place enough but in the modern age of social media it isn’t acceptable.

Years ago if that kid had wanted to say that to the footballer he would’ve had to say it to his face and take his chances or write him a letter which meant knowing his address.

With instagram you can insult anyone anywhere and they can prove it was you as it is there for all to see forever.

I think the kid is bang out of order and deserves a good bollocking. Trouble is his punishment will probably be too harsh and last a lifetime even though his opinion and behaviour will change as he grows up. He’s probably facing a lifetime ban from all football grounds and some unwanted notoriety. He is basically screwed for life now. He would’ve been better off beating up an old lady and knicking her hand bag. A bit of borstal time and then a reformed character. What he has done will haunt him forever.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I think the kid is bang out of order and deserves a good bollocking. Trouble is his punishment will probably be too harsh and last a lifetime even though his opinion and behaviour will change as he grows up. He’s probably facing a lifetime ban from all football grounds and some unwanted notoriety. He is basically screwed for life now. He would’ve been better off beating up an old lady and knicking her hand bag. A bit of borstal time and then a reformed character. What he has done will haunt him forever.

I think he should be bollocked for being stupid, but if he had referred to someone as a white c%%t it ironically would have been OK. It's a mad mad country

• I think he should be bollocked for being stupid, but if he had referred to someone as a white c%%t it ironically would have been OK. It's a mad mad country

Absolutely

• Hate law my arse. That so called law that has been created is hate in itself. A law based on hate to create even more hate by placing a label on something. This is a law designed to disrupt rather than keep the the peace.

Racism and fascism is on the increase because of stupid laws like this and stupid arsewipe movements like BLM. It's the rise of the Nazi's. Interestingly the Nazi's and Hitler all stemmed from a government. And the stupid BLM supporters and media all sticking up for this movement haven't got a clue what they are getting themselves into.

They are not going to improve things for themselves and are making matters worse by digging up old wounds and feeding into the rise of the Nazi's. It may have even been the Nazi's that planted the seed kind of like the CIA planting seeds in the middle east to create a war. Stir trouble so you then have reason to come down on heavily to either create a smokescreen or full fill an alternative hidden agenda. It's an old warfare tactic IIRC created by the Romans which still works very well to this day, like a magicians sleight of hand while your looking one way something else is going on.

• I don't subscribe to promoting people because of their skin colour. If somebody has the knowledge and skills to perform the job well, they will succeed. That there is few people from the Black community in top places in business is most likely that they don't have those necessary attributes.

Also the term BAME is insulting to Asians. I would never use it..

The Voice of Reason

• "Just 51 of the top 1,097 workplace roles in the UK are held by black and minority ethnic (BAME) people, data shared exclusively with Sky News shows.

That amounts to just 4.6%, despite the fact that BAME groups make up 14% of the population."

https://news.sky.com/story/bame-peo…-shows-12033268

The law is already heavily skewed in BAME peoples favour when it comes to recruitment. If BAME don't apply or are simply unsuited to the role what can be done? Should standards be lowered or should certain senior roles be reserved for BAME only like the BBC did a few years ago.

• That there is few people from the Black community in top places in business is most likely that they don't have those necessary attributes.

How do you know? They never have the chance

I admire people like Doreen Lawrence who was ennobled by TB and now makes very valuable contributions in the HOL, far more than the privileged lot in there

• "Just 51 of the top 1,097 workplace roles in the UK are held by black and minority ethnic (BAME) people, data shared exclusively with Sky News shows.

That amounts to just 4.6%, despite the fact that BAME groups make up 14% of the population."

https://news.sky.com/story/bame-peo…-shows-12033268

So that proves they are either lazy, not as competent, or less ambitious. Of course, it could be that nobody wants highly professional people that will increase the profitability of their business, because them people is black bruv. I think you now the answer to the question, but your political correctness will stop you from admitting it

• How do you know? They never have the chance

You aren't given chances Bryan, you earn them. Do you HONESTLY believe that talented people aren't given opportunities by their superiors because they are black. Think about mate, and the more you think about it the more ridiculous it will sound

• The law is already heavily skewed in BAME peoples favour when it comes to recruitment. If BAME don't apply or are simply unsuited to the role what can be done? Should standards be lowered or should certain senior roles be reserved for BAME only like the BBC did a few years ago.

I said this before on this forum - it is unlawful to exercise positive discrimination in this way, except for very limited reasons. One is if there is a need to increase representation of a particular group to provide a particular service. That is fair enough, because minorities need to feel that people like them have some influence within the police force.

• Any kind of Discrimination is racist. Be it negative or positive. People should be recruited for their ability............ Not to fulfil an imaginary Token % number that the Snowflakes and PC brigade say that a workforce should contain.

The Voice of Reason

• Any kind of Discrimination is racist. Be it negative or positive. People should be recruited for their ability............ Not to fulfil an imaginary Token % number that the Snowflakes and PC brigade say that a workforce should contain.

But you have to have some tokenism to encourage applicants. Thee were hardly any female MPs before Labour introduced it, similarly anyone with disabilities or non whites needed examples

The danger is of overdoing it and causing an adverse reaction destroying the objective

• The only encouragement a person needs to apply for a job is to believe that the degree to which they can do that job well will be recognised and acted upon by the person who has the power of hiring.

If an important part of that job entails face-to-face dealings with current and prospective customers the question arises whether the hirer is obliged to take into account the prejudices of customers.

The irony that presents itself is what proportion of customers would notice and disapprove of a company that didn't have any black people.

Woody Allen joked that he was hired by an ad agency as their "token jew" but soon got fired for taking off too many Jewish holidays.

• The only encouragement a person needs to apply for a job is to believe that the degree to which they can do that job well will be recognised and acted upon by the person who has the power of hiring.

The only encouragement that people needs to apply for is the belief that they can get it. Our racist society does not encourage such beliefs

• "REVEALED: Football is SPLIT over making The FA's overwhelmingly white board more diverse... as the Premier League and EFL block equality chief Paul Elliott from joining"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsne…ed-joining.html

Count up how many non white professional footballers there are and study the Football Associations predominately white board who are resisting attempts to make it more inclusive

Presumably football clubs finance the Board, the answer is in their hands

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!