Reality Check: Seven Trump claims fact-checked

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• I'll just leave a link to the article because it's a bit too long to quote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42883608

Now you can call me paranoid but looking through this article, I get the distinct impression that the BBC are very reluctant to give Trump any credit for anything. When they can't deny the facts they refer to the greater successes of previous administrations or seem to try to claim "Oh it would have happened anyway. It's not down to Trump."

Does anyone else get the same impression as I do about it?

• The BBC will do it's best to discredit Trump, partly because he is not an EU supporter, unlike Obama, and he has the clout that enables him to ignore the EU's bullying, power grabs and empire building.

Trump will go on the attack, as he did over NATO funding. The EU is nothing to be admired when it comes to holding up their side of an agreement, which they demand of others.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Searching for truth, unvarnished facts and the weighing up of both sides of an argument is a hopeless pursuit. One can never be sure of having obtained an absolute cast-iron fact. Even people who pride themselves on having an uncompromising rigorous respect for truth can never be sure that they aren't the victim of their own (unconscious) biases, prejudices, aspirations, ambitions. Often there can be an unconscious need to examining more thoroughly or questioningly those facts or conclusions one hoped would not be true, while accepting more easily as true, the information one is pleased about. This human bias is probably unavoidable and will always corrode the truth. Once this human condition is applied to politicians, reporters, estate agents, pension advisers .... just about anyone and everyone, including academics, priests and Buddhists, plus any organisation or institution where birds of a feather will flock together, I would contend that the quest for fact, truth and a balanced argument is hopeless. And here's the Catch 22: even if that fact or truth existed we wouldn't recognise it because of our own conscious or unconscious biases.

And to make matters worse, there is this:

https://reasonandmeaning.com/2…rt-on-bullshit-and-lying/

• Does Trump even care about about what the BBC say about him?

He's obsessed with what the New York Times say about him, as that's his daily read and father afield, what CNN say. But I'm less inclined to believe he cares what any foreign (to him) media think about him.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Does Trump even care about about what the BBC say about him?

Does anybody really care about what the BBC says about anything? Busted flush IMO.

Sooner the plug is pulled on this ridiculous waste of bandwidth the better.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.