Is the stockmarket about to crash?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Just watching CNBC and as I type this America's S&P index is down 630 points almost 2.5%. This is the biggest one day fall in their markets since Brexit.

With rising interest rates, which are never good for equities, are we heading for a major stockmarket crash in this country and perhaps worldwide too?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Live screenshot from a minute ago:

stock market.png

American analysts think their markets will recover later. We'll see.

As the old saying goes, "what goes up, must come down."

• Wall Street just opened and the S&P is down over a 1%, over 300 points. Lets see if this is the start of something bigger, or whether things will recover later today or in the next few days.

If anyone holds any shares, you should consider your positions now, while you have the time! Don't forget during a major crash, the brokers turn their computers off and you can't sell, thus making the decline even deeper.

• After the Asian crash last night and another bad day for European markets, Wall Street futures were terrible but the live market opened 10 minutes ago and its recovering. About to go into positive territory in the next few minutes.

Bitcoin has also crashed even more over the last few days and American regulators are about to meet today to decide whether they need to clamp down on this "currency". That could be a major market mover... especially for Bitcoin!

markets feb 6 2018.png

• Previous crashes have had a background of economies on the edge. Nothing is further from the truth at the moment so IMHO this is just a market re-adjustment after a period of unprecedented calm.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.