Boris Johnson warns thwarting Brexit vote would be disastrous

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.

Boris Johnson will warn that the 17.4 million people who voted to leave the EU face a disastrous and irreversible betrayal if attempts to overturn the referendum vote succeed.

The foreign secretary will say “we cannot and will not let it happen” in a major speech on Wednesday marking the start of a series of interventions by cabinet ministers laying out the government’s “road to Brexit”.

The opening gambit from Johnson, who led the Vote Leave effort, has been billed as an attempt to reach out to remain voters, setting out the liberal argument for Brexit and why the decision should provide hope, not fear.

https://www.theguardian.com/po…-vote-would-be-disastrous

I agree with Boris. Whatever the remainers say about not getting a vote on this and that, the leavers all being old and stupid and the wild speculation about Brexit being a total disaster the majority who voted did vote to leave. It was a democratic vote and the will of the majority must be carried out.

• Yep, Boris is to make his big speech soon this morning and with May making her big speech setting out our future relations with Europe in Berlin on Sunday.

Boris is good at speeches, so it'll be worth seeing it live on the news channels.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Boris speech live in a moment on the news channels.

• Brilliant speech by Boris, he was on top form as usual. He always writes his own speeches and it shows.