Center Parcs pulls Daily Mail ads after column against same-sex parents

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.

.............The column by Richard Littlejohn, headlined “Please don’t pretend two dads is the new normal”, followed the news that Olympic diver Tom Daley and his husband, the film-maker and screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, are expecting their first child.

“Before the usual suspects start bouncing up and down, squealing ‘homophobia’, don’t bother,” he wrote. “I’d rather children were fostered by loving gay couples than condemned to rot in state-run institutions, where they face a better-than-average chance of being abused. That said I still cling to the belief that children benefit most from being brought up by a man and a woman.”

https://www.theguardian.com/me…-against-same-sex-parents

So it now appears that stating a perfectly valid opinion ( And one with which I wholeheartedly agree.) it is now forbidden by the political correct Nazis who demand equality but oppose free speech. Despite the evidence of numerous studies showing that a child does best with two parents, a male and female, and thousands of years of evolution, the idea of two fathers is now not only equal but so preferable that to even express a different opinion is now to be villified.

I wholeheartedly agree with Littlejohn.

• Yes, inequality means that minorities must now be given preference in many spheres and thus causing a different inequality. The pendulum has swung too far.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• This comes after Virgin Trains banned (for a while) the selling of the DM.

It's the same old chestnut, believe as we do, or get shut down.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I thought the new normal was white woman / black man going by the adverts on TV , I wonder how many kids have said at the dinner table " mummy, why isn't daddy black"^^

• We need to reverse the message in that song by Big Bill Broonzy:

I thought the new normal was white woman / black man going by the adverts on TV , I wonder how many kids have said at the dinner table " mummy, why isn't daddy black"^^

Perhaps mummy's answer to the child's question will be "because daddy is unemployed and hasn't got enough money for black skin cosmetic surgery.

We now need to reverse the words in that famous Bill Bill Broonzy song:

If you're white it's alright

If you're brown stick around

If you're black get back get back get back

Joking aside (and maybe who's joking?), this is perhaps today's consequence these days of sprinkling unceasing political correctness over Lord Scarman's "Positive Discrimination" of the 1980's

Eventually we might find that the average TV commercial's happy domestic scene will be littered with head-towels, skullcaps, burkas and prayer mats. No need to waste money on a cultural exchange holiday in the Middle East when it's now on your doorstep.

The great irony here is that many minority groups feel embarrassed at what they see as heightened discrimination through such stereotyped political corrections that have run amok. Positive Discrimination is as overt as negative discrimination

This forum posting in the Times would most probably be censored by moderators