Should circumcision be banned?

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• Well said, LW. Male circumcision and female genital mutilation are not comparable, other than they involve the genitals.

There are NO health reasons for female genital mutilation. It is done purely for misogynistic reasons and has ZERO benefits for the female. It has one great disadvantage, and can actually be the sole cause of serious health problems.

:rolleyes: Proof, if proof were needed, that this subject is a male-female thing. How the hell a woman can condone the needless, ritualistic mutilation of - of all things, a baby, is totally beyond me.

There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• I've no idea why you try and defend male circumcision, but you obviously have some kind of agenda. For one thing, it's nothing whatever to do with 'hygiene'; and for another, it involves taking a razor-sharp instrument to a baby and cutting away part of his anatomy, precisely the same as FGM does.

'It is similar to the tail and ear docking that was done on some breeds of dog when the dog was a very young pup.'

WTF does that have to do with anything fcs? Are you equating animals with humans?

Ooh, angry boy!

I'm not defending male circumcision. I'll leave that to the men who have been circumcised and have no problem with it. In some cultures, African, for example, initiation ritual can take place at an older age and as it happens in unhygienic conditions there are often serious infections and even some deaths from botched jobs. I'm not defending any kind of mutilation. The way it is done in the west for protestant men is medical, not rabbinical.

I take it you have a problem with pierced ears and various other voluntary piercings?

Am I equating animals with humans? Yes, I am. Humans are animals.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Yes I know, but we're salient animals?

salient

/ˈseɪlɪənt/

adjective

1. 1. most noticeable or important.

Do you think humans and dumb animals are of equal value and worth? That your son/daughter is on the same level of importance as your dog?

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• Animals are sentient, and feel pain and emotion just the same as people. Animals often hide pain better, as animals (especially wild animals) try to hide their weaknesses whereas many people actually enjoy being 'victims'.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• I don't think animals are "dumb" so I can't answer that question.

What, you know some that can talk then? You've got a gold-mine there! ^^ (what an utterly ridiculous answer!)

• What, you know some that can talk then? You've got a gold-mine there! ^^ (what an utterly ridiculous answer!)

Animals communicate with each other. What is ridiculous is the assumption that unless they use human language then they must be 'dumb'.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• What the heck, I can even speak bird language. 8)

It's proven that animals are far better at reading human body language, and most humans are miserably bad at reading the body language of animals. So animals win hands down over humans on that aspect of communication.

• Animals communicate with each other. What is ridiculous is the assumption that unless they use human language then they must be 'dumb'.

FFS They're dumb in the sense that they're not salient????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I know they can't talk - my comment to LW was supposed to be funny. Jesus!!

• FFS They're dumb in the sense that they're not salient????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I know they can't talk - my comment to LW was supposed to be funny. Jesus!!

Jeez. Can't you read? I said they are sentient. What the hell has salient to do with it? You mean that animals don't think they are the only creatures with a right to life?

ps. your comment was meant to be funny? haha