Lost In Space

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • A new revamped version of the classic cult 60's series is coming to Netflix screens on the 13th April. I loved the original series, quite liked the Gary Oldman film adaption, so am curious to see how this pans out.

Here's the first trailer to wet appetites:

Oh, fogot to mention, Dr Smith is now a woman. Danger Will Robinson:!:^^

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Just a reminder that this will be available from Friday on Netflix.

Whatever you do, if you want to watch a trailer, just watch the one above. I saw a longer trailer on you tube and it completely ruined all the surprises for me. Ok, well, I know the story from the original series, but I didn't know how certain pieces would fit together, especially concerning the robot and this longer trailer spoils all that.

• Well, why I stayed up to wait for the attack on Syria two nights ago, I watched the first batch of episodes then to pass the time and I saw the rest of them yesterday.

The first episode was okay, but more of the story gets revealed at the end of the episode and then things get going more.

I was worried this series might be like the new Battlestar Galactica and it got "re-imaged" to make it more adult like. Although this series is a long way from the innocence of the 60's original, it still has all the elements from it and for older kids, its brilliant, but not suitable for younger ones, say under tens.

The series turns on the saccharine in spades, but there is enough there to make everyone in a family happy, I think.

The new Dr Smith is by far the best and most interesting character. The original was cartoonish baddy, this new one is far more realistic and uses her whole time to manipulate and scheme.

Really enjoyed this series in the end and I give it 8/10.

• I have also started to watch this and it did turn into a bit of a binge, also old enough to remember the original series which I watched as kid.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I think its pretty good Ron. Although this is more for the kids, there is violence, but the kids of today are more used to it, but I think its a good remake of the 60s classic.

• 2nd series of this space romp will be available on Netflix on Christmas Eve. Make a nice change from all the usual Christmas stuff.:)

• Season 2 now available.

Danger Will Robinson!^^

• Watched the lot over Christmas, pretty good and the story a bit broader than the 1st season with more characters.

• Renewed for a third and final season. Can't wait, and it will be a wait too as Netflix has suspended filming of its shows due to the virus.