The next store to close is....

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I think it's still too early to tell regarding the high streets specifically. I think the out of town centres will eventually die off for the reasons you state Bibbles, but high streets are still central locations. Whether they be used for entirely retail in the future, is another mater entirely though.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It's still nice to browse and actually touch and/or try on things in shops, though.

Can't think of anything worse than traipsing around shops just looking at stuff, I only go shopping or do any shopping online even if I actually need something, and on the odd occasion I actually do any shopping in person I know exactly what I want so go straight to that buy it and straight back out again.

Plus you get far too many people who think shops are social clubs to stand around yapping in and/or somewhere to let their little brats run riot.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• My situation is a "little" bit different to the rest of you.

As a rule, I don't like crowds and crowded shops and especially shopping centres is hell for me, but as I've rarely got out of my house over the last few years, I'd consider it bliss to browse in a not too crowded supermarket at the moment.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• The only shops I go to regularly are the supermarket (Sainsbury's) which is in a retail park on the edge of town, plus the local newsagent for the daily red top. That same park has Halfords, Boots, B&Q, Curry's PC world, Argos, Timpsons and a bedding store. All with ample free parking

No real need to go into town except on a Saturday to go to Lidl's which also has free parking. Also gives the car some exercise.

Last time I shopped in person on a high street was for a pair of jeans and as sizing is so random I measured up a pair I already had (across waist and belt top to crotch) so I could check the actual dimensions without needing to try them on. I wanted low rise ultra skinny so had to go to the womens section for these. ^^

Next pair will probably be an on-line store.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I'm another one that knows beforehand what I want and go strait in and straight out but it is nice sometimes to able to a actually see the product first. Online shopping can be so misleading. And when it comes to food, well nothing beats checking your fruit first before putting it into the basket or making sure that the product is fresh and not coming to the end of it's sell by date. I always grab food from the back of the shelf as the older stuff is moved to the front by staff to get rid of the old first. Bread is a classic one. So many times when I get bread via online shopping it's no longer fresh or it only lasts a day or so. It really pisses me off because it's more grief to return something so it just goes in the bin and a new one needs to be purchased sooner rather than later. Of course the supermarkets are not stupid and know this so it's a great way for them to make more money and getting rid of older stock.

• I always grab food from the back of the shelf as the older stuff is moved to the front by staff to get rid of the old first.

Fresh orange juice is also the same. I've known a full week difference on the best before dates front to back. Last thing I want is it turning into Fanta in the fridge over the week.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!