Did Bradley Wiggins cheat?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Sir Bradley Wiggins and Team Sky "crossed an ethical line" by using drugs allowed under anti-doping rules to enhance performance instead of just for medical need, a report by MPs says.

The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) select committee said it is "not in a position" to state what was in the 'jiffy bag' delivered to Wiggins at the 2011 Criterium du Dauphine.

Wiggins denied cheating in this story, but confirms he did take a substance for medical need. He claims he has allergies and respiratory issues, so needed to take a steroid for them which is perfectly allowed under the rules.

This is a case of one person's word against another's, but if an athlete is unwell, should they be allowed to compete? If they are ill "each" time they are about to finish their race, is it fair they receive medicine?

Who can say for sure what was in the sealed bag that was handed to Wiggins just before he completed one of his races, but receiving continual "medicine" in sealed bags, not once, but several times, is a tad bit suspicious to me.

What do think, did he cheat?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I don't really know but I watched him being interviewed and claiming his innocence on t.v. yesterday and if he did cheat then he's a very convincing liar.

The trouble with these stories is that mud sticks and there is no way you can prove your innocence.

• I don't really know but I watched him being interviewed and claiming his innocence on t.v. yesterday and if he did cheat then he's a very convincing liar.

The trouble with these stories is that mud sticks and there is no way you can prove your innocence.

I agree about mud sticks, but as I said, if he has continual respiratory issues, then really he shouldn't be competing.

Having seen him in the flesh, so to speak, zooming past me in about a second, I am struggling to except he has continual medical issues.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I agree about mud sticks, but as I said, if he has continual respiratory issues, then really he shouldn't be competing.

Having seen him in the flesh, so to speak, zooming past me in about a second, I am struggling to except he has continual medical issues.

That is my view too. If they rely on medication in order to compete, then they shouldn't be competing at all.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Indeed, the same question could be asked about anyone who needs medication to be able to work.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.