Take the Survey

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I chose all subjects, and mine came out 93.3% Brexit Party, 6.7% Conservative.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• The problem being that the Brexit Party will be a wasted vote. They will win zero seats just like UKIP did. They just sucked Tory votes away. I like Farage but he needs to pull the BP to solidify the Brexit vote with a party that can actually win. I am a “no deal” fan but it won’t happen, so a pragmatic approach is required. Get a solid majority Tory government and let the ERG do the rest. That’s the best we can hope for.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Don't be so pessimistic. UKIP never gained any MP's, but the large number of votes did get us the referendum and influenced government policy. The same could happen with the Brexit Party, or even better, gain some MP's.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• UKIP got us a referendum. That alone was a great achievement and made their existence worthwhile.

• The establishment destroyed UKIP (plus a few insiders).

• UKIP had a number of unsavoury nutters in it’s midst which were ignored for the purpose of getting a referendum but couldn’t be ignored for a prospective government.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Farage was on GMB yesterday looking every inch a busted man

Perhaps he will reappear after this election with yet another political party, English Independence Party perhaps

Don't be so pessimistic. UKIP never gained any MP's, but the large number of votes did get us the referendum and influenced government policy. The same could happen with the Brexit Party, or even better, gain some MP's.

The referendum was nothing to do with Farage but more the growth of the hard right in the Tory party, elbowing sensible centrists like Clarke and Hesstine out

• UKIP was a typical protest group that ran it's course except it provided Farage with a nice little earner and his fifteen minutes of TV fame

His Brexit lot will go the same way

• The referendum was nothing to do with Farage but more the growth of the hard right in the Tory party, elbowing sensible centrists like Clarke and Hesstine out

Woah there, steady up. Do you really mean "The Hard Right" ?

The problem here is that all things are relative and perhaps from where you are standing the Conservative ERG are indeed hard right but from where I'm standing they are to the right of a fairly centrist and moderate Conservative government as lead by Boris Johnson. I think the real Hard Right would scare you, I don't think you have a clue what Hard Right looks like - perhaps some of those mean looking dudes on the German right with the skinheads might be getting into the zone, you wouldn't want to cross them. But there are definitely zero far right members of the Conservative government or back benchers.

Clark and Heseltine were always on the very furthest left limits of Conservative thinking, thats why Heseltine fell out with Maggie. Ken was actually a good Chancellor but he was always a Europhile so a bit of a maverick and lone voice. Neither of them could be called centrists though, they were very much left of centre by Tory standards.

• The referendum was nothing to do with Farage but more the growth of the hard right in the Tory party, elbowing sensible centrists like Clarke and Hesstine out

Hard right? It's difficult to distinguish the centrists from the lefties in the Tory party, these days!

It was definitely the millions of votes for UKIP that got us the referendum.

• Woah there, steady up. Do you really mean "The Hard Right" ?

The problem here is that all things are relative and perhaps from where you are standing the Conservative ERG are indeed hard right but from where I'm standing they are to the right of a fairly centrist and moderate Conservative government as lead by Boris Johnson. I think the real Hard Right would scare you, I don't think you have a clue what Hard Right looks like - perhaps some of those mean looking dudes on the German right with the skinheads might be getting into the zone, you wouldn't want to cross them. But there are definitely zero far right members of the Conservative government or back benchers.

Clark and Heseltine were always on the very furthest left limits of Conservative thinking, thats why Heseltine fell out with Maggie. Ken was actually a good Chancellor but he was always a Europhile so a bit of a maverick and lone voice. Neither of them could be called centrists though, they were very much left of centre by Tory standards.

I do indeed mean the hard right who are currently running the Tory party. You only have to look at them to see what I mean

The seed were sown under Thatcher and have grown to strangle the others leaving no place for the centrists

Johnson may pay the affable fool but he doesn't fool me, his past record speaks for itself

• UKIP was the opposition with the best politician in the UK for the past 25 years - Gerard Batten, he was truly spanking all who debated with him and was fast boosting the UKIP membership, he had to be shut down by the Establishment and the Establishment had its plants inside UKIP - Kirsten Herriot, UKIP Chair and others on the NEC.

• I do indeed mean the hard right who are currently running the Tory party. You only have to look at them to see what I mean

The seed were sown under Thatcher and have grown to strangle the others leaving no place for the centrists

Johnson may pay the affable fool but he doesn't fool me, his past record speaks for itself

So you were a fan of Ted Heath who mislead the UK into joining the common market in full knowledge of what it was to become. I can see why you would think the current Conservatives were far right. At least you have an opinion based on you own observations, so I say live and let live, we will have to agree to disagree.

The events leading up to October 31st needed all hands to get it through. As you know this was when the rebels plotted with the opposition to pass the Benn Act which would have seen Boris in prison for defying it. This was followed by the ridiculous denying of a general election and threats about a new progressive alliance anti Brexit government. Under the circumstances it is hardly surprising these rebels were strangled as you put it. I wonder what Ted would’ve done?

As for Boris Johnson not fooling you, what do you think his past record tells you about the future? I bet you’re going to say he will sell the NHS to the Americans....

• So you were a fan of Ted Heath who mislead the UK into joining the common market in full knowledge of what it was to become. I can see why you would think the current Conservatives were far right. At least you have an opinion based on you own observations, so I say live and let live, we will have to agree to disagree.

The events leading up to October 31st needed all hands to get it through. As you know this was when the rebels plotted with the opposition to pass the Benn Act which would have seen Boris in prison for defying it. This was followed by the ridiculous denying of a general election and threats about a new progressive alliance anti Brexit government. Under the circumstances it is hardly surprising these rebels were strangled as you put it. I wonder what Ted would’ve done?

As for Boris Johnson not fooling you, what do you think his past record tells you about the future? I bet you’re going to say he will sell the NHS to the Americans....

No. I don't think there ever was a suggestion of selling the NHS to the USA. This has now been shown to be a Russian interference in our election

I refer to his past comments about various issues, and his racism

Ted would never have allowed the party to get to this state. John Major tried to lance the boil and deal with his "bastards" by just calling a general election. His mistake was not to follow that up and expel the Eurosceptics from the party

• No. I don't think there ever was a suggestion of selling the NHS to the USA. This has now been shown to be a Russian interference in our election

I refer to his past comments about various issues, and his racism

Ted would never have allowed the party to get to this state. John Major tried to lance the boil and deal with his "bastards" by just calling a general election. His mistake was not to follow that up and expel the Eurosceptics from the party

Was the London Bridge attack last Friday racism, hate or terrorism? It was against white people so I’m confused as to which category it falls in to. The media and police seem to think it’s terror but if the roles had been reversed they would have said it was racism and hate, tell me I’m wrong.

Do you think it racist for Boris to make childish observations if this is what you are referring to? Personally I think his comments satisfy the law related to hate crime but it definitely wasn’t racist. At the very least it was a non crime hate incident.

I guess that shows how absurd the law can be these days especially as he wasn’t cautioned. If you are that concerned why don’t you report it?

John Major was the architect of our current Brexit issue. He went off piste about the Maastricht treaty. We should’ve had a referendum then but didn’t get one. It would’ve been a resounding no vote so his bastards set about him quite rightly. Democracy cannot be denied.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!