The Crossing

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • This series from America's ABC network has landed on Amazon Prime for UK viewers, although we have to wait each week for each new episode, which is rather annoying. No binge watching here!

Due to the initial scenes of people being washed up on a beach, many commentators have compared this to Lost, but in my opinion it's nothing like Lost at all. If you have seen the series' The Event and The 4400, I would describe this series as a cross between those two.

The series contains all the usual American type cliches like the feds clashing with the small town sheriff, but putting all that aside, I think this is a good watch.

The second episode is available on Amazon from today.

I rate it 8/10.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I may give that a watch, will give me a break from Agents of Shield. :S

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• It's quite good Ron, but I think I gave it a bit too higher rating for now, so I might alter that.

• I gave the first episode a watch and liked what I saw, have always had an interest in time travel not sure whether it is actually possible and that's what makes it interesting, maybe a subject for another thread, anyway at the end of the episode I was left wanting more which is always a good thing, so will be watching the next episode which should be available today (Tuesday).

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I like time travel stuff as well, especially the paradox type situations that if somebody goes back into your past and kills your younger self or parents, does that mean you no longer exist? If you no longer existed back then, how could you have existed at all. Love all that stuff.

As you say, 2nd ep is available now, so I'll get round to it hopefully later.

• Just seen the next two episodes and while I almost thought this was getting a little boring in ep3, I thought the next episode was a lot better and more interesting. So, will stick with watching this one.

• Unfortunately this series has been axed, so they'll be no second season.

I'm still watching it and although its pretty standard American tv fare, I'm still quite enjoying it.

• Unfortunately this series has been axed, so they'll be no second season.

I'm still watching it and although its pretty standard American tv fare, I'm still quite enjoying it.

Well that is disappointing to hear that there won't be a second season, as I too am quite enjoying it.

• Yeah its nothing fantiasis, but it is watchable, isn't it Ron?

Perhaps Netflix might pick it up. They've picked up one of the other things I'm watching at the moment, The Expanse, so there is hope.

• I've just watched the final two episodes 10 and 11 of The Crossing and due to its cancellation, the series was brought to a end early. But it was finished quite well.

Although the series did have pacing issues, it was overall quite enjoyable.