Plot to keep UK in customs union and water down immigration and border controls

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Any queues should be reciprocal , let us see how the Germans and French like hold ups at thier end !

• .... a few months on, that post seems prophetic:

1) Does anyone believe staying in customs union will be time limited?

2) Negotiations still on the withdrawal agreement, rather than future relations to be worked out in a two year transition period

3) How can parliament or the EU approval the deal, when the deal has barely been spoken about yet?

4) Remainers, they are probably licking their lips. Any attempt to amend or revoke EU Withdrawal will create a riot.

I share your outrage. My response to each of your points is:

1) The answer is yes, no, maybe, don't know. Performance to date strongly suggests that we will be in the customs union indefinitely. This crap Prime Minister and her eunuchs are incapable of leadership and the whole of Westminster is unable or unwilling to make a decision

2) There are no negotiations. This is because Westminster can't agree what it wants. So the transition period is not transitioning. It is just delaying either the inevitable or the unknowable. Britain is not in control. There is a tiny number of turd MPs in Northern Ireland who are in control and their requirements take absolute precedence over Britain's

3) The EU just want our money. If they can't get that, then they want our markets, and they will certainly get that as Britain goes down the toilet bowl.

4) Remainers are forecast to win. But it will be a hollow victory. Because our Prime Minister (aka The Anti-Christ) will have ruined Britain economically and socially, with the dumb assistance of Tory MP's, the malignant assistance of Labour MP's, who will come into power with the support of brainless have-nots, particularly in the younger groups, to take what you've got (the age of equality and sod the sophisticated suffix about opportunity). So who are we going to rioting against and what are rioting for? Riots will become as pathetically pointless as in the Network movie, where you open your window and scream "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more". On the positive side, at least we've solved the illegal immigrant crisis, as there's no point coming across on a dinghy to a land of increased foodbanks, street sleepers, knifing and mugging and a welfare benefits system where the busiest departments will be cremations & burials, mental asylums, drug rehab and prisons. Unemployment will rise, benefits will be cut, crime will increase, British companies will go bust and multi-nationals will relocate.

• 2) There are no negotiations. This is because Westminster can't agree what it wants. So the transition period is not transitioning. It is just delaying either the inevitable or the unknowable. Britain is not in control. There is a tiny number of turd MPs in Northern Ireland who are in control and their requirements take absolute precedence over Britain's

Westminster, from the MPs to the civil servants, know exactly what they want and that is to keep us tied into the EU. If we officially leave the EU in but name next March, they will have made a mockery of the whole referendum vote and the electorate.

I agree about the DUP and London based politicians should read up on their history a little bit more here. If they think the DUP will back down, I'd simply suggest that they are in cloud cuckoo land.

And your right about the negotiations. The EU haven't budged and we've bent over the whole time leading to potential chaos for us all that is until the wunderkinder (Boris) parasails in to "save" the day. Or so he thinks. His ego certainly believes that.

• Westminster, from the MPs to the civil servants, know exactly what they want and that is to keep us tied into the EU. If we officially leave the EU in but name next March, they will have made a mockery of the whole referendum vote and the electorate.

I agree about the DUP and London based politicians should read up on their history a little bit more here. If they think the DUP will back down, I'd simply suggest that they are in cloud cuckoo land.

And your right about the negotiations. The EU haven't budged and we've bent over the whole time leading to potential chaos for us all that is until the wunderkinder (Boris) parasails in to "save" the day. Or so he thinks. His ego certainly believes that.

It's depressing isn't it.

You know, it doesn't have to be Boris that saves us. There are several contenders. The overriding priority is to get rid of Theresa May, who is either mentally unhinged or the political equivalent of the Anti-Christ

• Among the grass roots Conservative membership, not the MPs, Boris is king and the one they would vote for and talking of contenders, one of them has been busy today already:

Cabinet ministers should "exert their collective authority" and rebel against Theresa May's proposed Brexit deal, ex-Brexit Secretary David Davis has said.

The PM has suggested a temporary customs arrangement for the whole UK to remain in the customs union while the Irish border issue is resolved.

Brexiteers suspect this could turn into a permanent situation, restricting the freedom to strike trade deals.

Clearly, everyone is waiting until the last possible minute to put the knife in whether it be next week at the EU conference or at the next conference at the end of the year, so his calls will likely fall on death ears for now.

• Listening yesterday to various commentators and this week may just be the turning point for millions of us , if as expected Mrs May rolls over YET AGAIN, it will be the death knell of the Tory party for many , certainly for me and my friends it will.

What we have is a remainer trying to please Remainers, IT IS THAT SIMPLE !

Wake up people , for heaven's sake.

• May has already stated how she will play this. She will come back with the "deal" in hand and ask parliament to ratify it and then anyone who blocks it, she will accuse them of harming Britain's interests.

It is not in Britain's interests to stay tied to a union for a "limited" time where have no say in how the rules for the club are made.

Lets see whether Corbyn and chums do vote down the deal too.

• May has already stated how she will play this. She will come back with the "deal" in hand and ask parliament to ratify it and then anyone who blocks it, she will accuse them of harming Britain's interests.

Will it be the type of deal that will fully earn her the name of Theresa "Chamberlain" May. :P:D

• With any deal ishe'd probably do another dance as she steps off the train.

Let's hope as she does so that she breaks a leg severely enough to be incapacitated for at least a year, which would guarantee replacing her with someone neither physically nor mentally crippled.

• Clearly, everyone is waiting until the last possible minute to put the knife in whether it be next week at the EU conference or at the next conference at the end of the year, so his calls will likely fall on death ears for now.

I hope you're right. It doesn't matter what British voters think about Boris - he'll have enough time to show he means business , he'll call the DUP's bluff, they'll threaten to call fora vote of no confidence, Boris will call for a general election and ask voters to give the Government enough of a majority to be set free from being blackmailed by Northern Ireland, in partnership with the Labour Government, who each have a personal power-crazed agenda that is the very opposite of Britain's well-being. I'm sure he will also make it clear that it was Theresa May who placed the Conservative Party in this snake pit. Sorting out the EU either with no deal at all or one that is of mutual benefit will be a cake walk. Do you think for one moment Trump would have put up wit this shit?

• I've know doubt Boris would be quite happy to shove May in that pit, but I question the wisdom of holding a general election now. Look at how that worked out for May.

I cannot see any conservative leader doing deals with the leader of a party who has had, and still has, sympathies for pretty much every terrorist group out there. I find that scenario very unlikely and certainly unworkable.

When May comes back with her deal from Brussels next week, assuming the EU even agree to it, (they could just stick the knife in further and let her swing on her own rope) with this time "limited" customs union deal,* then I would expect the remainer of the Brexit voting cabinet members to leave the Cabinet and if they don't, they should hang their heads in shame.

What happens after that, I don't know. I expect it will trundle along to Budget Day when the DUP along with the Brexit MPs will block the budget, in effect bringing an end to May's government. If she doesn't step down at that point, then Boris will stick the knife in, but essentially he's stepping back as usual and letting someone else do the work for him. Arlene Foster in this case.

Boris will accommodate the DUP and I do not believe he would do anything to harm the status of Northern Ireland.

* Just to state a obvious point here, but I think the hard line Brexiteer MPs like Iain Duncan Smith have been right all along in their suspicions about attempts to keep us in the EU. First, we had a two year implementation period after 29th March 2019, then it became a two year transitional period and guess what it will be next week....? Yes, this time "limited" (but the limit is not defined:!:) customs union deal. FFS, you couldn't make this up if you tried.:cursing:

• What happens after that, I don't know. I expect it will trundle along to Budget Day when the DUP along with the Brexit MPs will block the budget, in effect bringing an end to May's government. If she doesn't step down at that point, then Boris will stick the knife in, but essentially he's stepping back as usual and letting someone else do the work for him. Arlene Foster in this case.

Sounds like the correct analysis: Boris will sit back, keep his powder dry, and let May fall flat on her face. Then it's all up for grabs.

No doubt he and his cabal are plotting behind the scenes.

I'm so disappointed with May. I guess most MP's are. Thinking they were getting Thatcher 2.0 and ended up with an EU pussycat.

• You make a good analysis. The only two things I question are:

1) That after Boris has explained what he's made out it would be ludicrous to imagine he couldn't dramatically improve on Theresa Darth Vader's election result

2) I'd be horribly surprised If Boris accommodates the DUP. With the right campaign rhetoric the DUP could be crushed. It would be one of his strongest cards to win a large majority. If Boris won't rise to that challenge then it's stalemate and there would be no point in him replacing Darth Vader

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!