Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Jeremy Clarkson steps into Chris Tarrant's shoes to host a special week-long revival of the quiz, which celebrates it's 20th anniversary this year. Contestants sit in the famous chair to answer 15 questions in a bid to win £1million. The first show will be aired on Saturday 5th May at 9:15pm on ITV.

Should be fun, I have to say I like Clarkson having watched him on Top Gear and more recently on The Grand Tour, it will be interesting to see how he copes on a show with a very different format to what he's used to that's for sure.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Staff Notice

I used to love Millionaire.:) Tarrant retched up the tension perfectly with his teasing and all the music and lighting was perfect, and I hope that aspect, at least, will be kept for this new version.

I see this as a week long pilot. If its popular, I've no doubt a full blown series will follow. I still watch some of the old episodes on Challenge, but some of them are pre digital/pre widescreen and look pretty ropey on a modern screen.

• I didn't like Tarrant. He had a habit of loudly sucking in air between his teeth and it was like nails on a blackboard, for me. My husband never noticed it but I found it a constant irritation.

Jeremy should inject a bit of humour, hopefully.

I watch a re-run of the 'coughing' episode, and it was pretty obvious once you were aware of it.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• I watched the first show yesterday on catch up because I missed it Saturday, SWMBO insists on watching Casualty, I think Jezza did an excellent job he bought some humour in his own way, even managed to get in a quip about the audience not coughing during the fastest finger first stage.

Of course there's was a mixed reception in the media with those haters who hate just because it's Jeremy Clarkson being vocal about it as ever.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I'm not really a Clarkson fan, I just find him a totally ignorant pig, but was a fan of this series, so will check the series out at some point.

He did thump Piers Morgan once so he can't be that bad. :evil:

• Staff Notice

I watched the first show yesterday on catch up because I missed it Saturday, SWMBO insists on watching Casualty, I think Jezza did an excellent job he bought some humour in his own way, even managed to get in a quip about the audience not coughing during the fastest finger first stage.

Of course there's was a mixed reception in the media with those haters who hate just because it's Jeremy Clarkson being vocal about it as ever.

This was on in my house, so I caught the last half hour of today's episode. I can't say I was that keen based on what I saw. Clarkson is too abrupt for this kind of show, where as Tarrant was softer and far more teasing. I think it all comes down to whether you like Clarkson or not. I don't, so this new version will probably pass on this new version of the show. As Clarkson quipped during the show, "it should be renamed who wants to win a £1000", he's just a total arsehole.

• I actually like the way Jezza just gets on with it, I loathe quiz shows where the host and the contestants just dither and waste time instead of getting on with it, as far as I am concerned you either know the answer or you don't and because it's multiple choice sometimes you can work out the answer by knowing that the other answers are not the answer.

• Staff Notice

And multiple choice is also handy if you don't know the answer at all, because at least you have a 25% chance of getting it right.

I like the format, same music, setup etc, just not the present host. May would've been the right kind of personalty to host this. James May that is, not the other famous May who gets a little mention on this site from time to time.:)

• I also think it makes a change for ITV to use a host that is not Schofield, Willobough, Mulhern, or the Geordie drink driver and his sidekick.

• Maybe we will see more of Jezza Clarkson on ITV being as he is so well loved by so many who knows he might become a national treasure. :P

• Staff Notice

As Ron was so positive on Clarkson, I have actually seen a few episodes of this now and I admit, I am warming to him. But yes, as Clarkson said the other day to one of the contestants, "all we need is someone who knows a bit of general knowledge!"

If I were conspiracy minded and I am...^^ it could be said that the production company wants thick contestants, so they don't have to pay out too much dosh.

• Clarkson is excellent on this but who is picking the retards taking part , dear god are these thicko's the best ITV can find?

It never ceases to amaze me how clueless some of the contestants are that go on TV quiz shows are, it's obvious that they are only going on there to get their "15 mins of fame", I don't know what kind of process if any they have to go through to get picked by the production companies, maybe they just have someone stood outside dragging them in off the street because it seems like that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!