The Wright Stuff to end

• Matthew Wright always said to me that he would stop presenting The Wright Stuff when it stopped being fun. (I was the on-screen audience researcher from 2005-7).

Recently, it stopped being fun.

CH5's The Wright Stuff is to end after 18 years on screen as Matthew Wright is fed up with doing it now, poor sod.^^ The show underwent a change of production company last year which has supposedly caused various behind the scenes problems.

I used to quite like phone in/topic daytime type shows, the BBC used to do one in the mornings, but Matthew Wright is not to my taste at all. Like a tv version of a Guardian writer, he is smug, pretentiousness and uber liberal and doesn't really represent what the majority thinks at all, although he always thinks he does. He also thinks he's always right.:rolleyes:

Anyone a fan of his? Will you miss the show?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Trying to find that article on this, but I read last week that the BBC's Jeremy Vine is to replace Matthew Wright and the show will get a revamp/rename at that point.

Replacing one smarmy git with another...

• Hardly ever watched it for more than a few moments. Matthew Wright may well be a fantastic bloke but to me there is something instantly repulsive about him. How on earth did that show last so long?

• No idea, but I'll have a check of the viewing figures at some point and see whether he really was popular or not.