Media now paying lip readers to scour TV broadcasts and videos for insights into private conversations.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Well we had phone/email hacking by the media to gather private info and exchanges between celebs and various other people, the latest way for them to gather info is to use lip readers to watch back tv and videos so as to listen in on private conversations and asides between people, such as the latest royal wedding, apparently one such lip reader was able to reveal such earthshattering news as Zara Tindall saying to her husband Mike Tindall that she needed the toilet during the wedding ceremony between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, so a word of warning to anyone who is attending any event that may be being filmed be careful what you say as some lipreader may watch back the footage and reveal wat you say to the media. :rolleyes:

• Lip readers is a new one on me but unguarded comments that may be overheard and then reported by the media is not a new phenomina as a certain G. Brown discovered.^^

Title corrected.

• I can't remember where I saw this first, but it's something the media do a lot now. I recall when Cameron stepped down and he and members of the cabinet were at some kind of function. THey got a lip reader in to analyse things and I must say that beyond the intrusion of privacy for them, it was interesting.

Bare in mind that Cameron had left government, at various times during the function, he summoned members of "his" cabinet over to him. You could see, by the lip reader, how subservient they were to him, especially the defence secretary Michael Fallon and remember this was after May took over.

• I actually think it's quite sad that everything anyone says is up for such close and intrusive scrutiny, I guess that there are people who thrive on it and need to know every thing that passes between celebs, royalty or whoever, I however don't need it, serves me right for venturing onto the websites of the gutter press I suppose. :(

• Please venture more Ron, it's a good topic, this!:):thumbup:

It's a bit like privacy on the internet, if you post something onto a site like this, even though this is only a small site, its still on the internet. Not private. Not at all. This site is constantly scanned by all manner of bots, including search engines, so who knows how far and wide the material posted here is spread.

If royals, celebs, politicians etc want privacy, then sensitive things should be said behind closed doors only. Private is when you're in your own property, otherwise anything goes.

• Even being on your own property isn't always private. If it can be viewed from a public area then photographing is allowed.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Please venture more Ron, it's a good topic, this!:):thumbup:

It's a bit like privacy on the internet, if you post something onto a site like this, even though this is only a small site, its still on the internet. Not private. Not at all. This site is constantly scanned by all manner of bots, including search engines, so who knows how far and wide the material posted here is spread.

If royals, celebs, politicians etc want privacy, then sensitive things should be said behind closed doors only. Private is when you're in your own property, otherwise anything goes.

I guess it's really essential that some people need to know that a member of the royal family needs to go to the bog during a lengthy wedding ceremony. :rolleyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!