Matt LeBlanc quits Top Gear

• Matt LeBlanc is to leave Top Gear after the next series.

The Friends and Episodes star began presenting the BBC Two show alongside Chris Evans in 2016.

LeBlanc went on to front the show with Rory Reid and Chris Harris when Evans left after his first series.

LeBlanc said that despite Top Gear being "great fun", the "time commitment and extensive travel... takes me away from my family and friends more than I'm comfortable with."

Do we believe him that he's quitting becuase of "time commitments" whatever that is, and he misses his family?

It was always going to be interesting getting an American to host this iconic of British shows, especially after the departure of the previous presenters, but what I've seen of Top Gear, he seemed to have a done a pretty decent job.

I reckon he's leaving becuase he misses American style Hollywood paypackets. Nothing can match what you can earn working on American tv, except working on American films and that's what LeBlanc is after.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• just scrap the show altogether?

I don't think they'll can it yet, the BBC do tend to keep things going long after they should be killed.

They need to do something dramatic as the viewing figures have fallen from the 5.1m when Clarkson and co left to a dreadful 1.3m when Evans went. They picked up a bit with the new presenter but have slumped again recently to 1.5m. Jodi Kidd has been mentioned as she's something of a petrol head as well as easy on the eye.

TBQH I've not watched the show since it came back.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• I've no idea whether it will be scrapped or not, but I wish the show went back to its roots and be a consumer car buying type programme again, rather than a silly entertainment show with prats ridiing cars no one could ever afford to drive around the world doing silly things. I miss all the bits about how large the boot is to get the shopping in, how far forward the seats will go, what the clutch is like and whether you can put a roof rack on etc. Boring I aren't I?^^

• Paddy McGuinness and Andrew Flintoff will be the new presenters of Top Gear, the BBC has confirmed.

The pair will take over from Matt LeBlanc, after he steps down from presenting duties at the end of the next series.

The comedian and former England cricket captain will join existing presenter and former racing driver Chris Harris to complete the new-look line-up.

These pair are taking over from Matt LeBlanc...X/

I've not seen many shows which feature McGuinness, but what I have seen gives me no desire to see anything else with him in it. As for Flintoff, many parents over the last 15 years or so have named their kids after him. He is very popular - not with me. Another loudmouth, who spends most of his time drunk and falling out of cars or nightclubs.

Are you happy with the new presenting line-up?

• I'll probably give it a watch, I had just got used to Matt LeBlanc shame he isn't going to be there anymore, Chris Harris I never really took too and there was another bloke Rory somthing can't remember his last name off hand, as for the Flintoff and McGuinness they can't be any worse than Chris Evans and his thankfully short stint on the show .

But it will never be the same without Clarkson, May and Hammond.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Yep, it's Amazon if you want to watch those three.

I think having an American doing the show was only going to be short term, as they would prefer to do projects in their own country.

• Yeah I have watched Clarkson and co on Amazon. I believe there is a third series of the Grand Tour but have heard rumours it will be the last.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I'll probably give it a watch, I had just got used to Matt LeBlanc shame he isn't going to be there anymore, Chris Harris I never really took too and there was another bloke Rory somthing can't remember his last name off hand, as for the Flintoff and McGuinness they can't be any worse than Chris Evans and his thankfully short stint on the show .

But it will never be the same without Clarkson, May and Hammond.

That is why we watch the Grand tour.

• Yeah I have watched Clarkson and co on Amazon. I believe there is a third series of the Grand Tour but have heard rumours it will be the last.

Their contract was for three series', so lets see if Amazon keep the series going or not.