Streaming, Channel and General Media News - no discussion

• This is a thread for posting news and rumours about what's coming to your favourite streaming service, new tv channels launching or getting axed, radio/newspaper/magazine news or any other media related news, including about media companies.

Rumours are allowed here, but please quote the source of the rumour, no "bloke in the pub" nonsense or other similar type stuff. Also, don't say you have news but can't disclose it. If you can't post what the news or rumour is, then keep it to yourself!

To keep this thread clean and to make it easily searchable, please no discussion in here, use the Media chit-chat thread for that.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• At The Races to rebrand to Sky Sports Racing

Following the successful launch of brand new channels dedicated to some of the biggest sports last year, Sky Sports will now add a channel dedicated to horse racing.

‘Sky Sports Racing’ will replace ‘At The Races’ and will be available to every Sky TV customer in the UK and Ireland at no extra cost. It will be available in HD for the first time and produced from Sky’s studios in West London, bringing live racing from over 650 UK fixtures as well as high quality exclusive international race meetings.

ATR started off as joint venture in 2000 between Sky, Channel 4 and the owner of 23 racecourses called Arena, but fell into financial difficulties early on. The channel relaunched in 2004 without Ch4 and has been a success ever since. The new channel will add races from Chester and Bangor following on from a deal with the owner of those racecourses.

The "new" channel will launch by 1st January 2019 and will be available in HD for the first time. No UHD?? Seems a bit behind the times...

• UKTV channels axed on Virgin Media

The UKTV channels are being removed from Virgin Media on Sunday, please see the separate thread to discuss.

Here is a full list of channels that are being axed:

Ch 124 - GOLD

Ch 125 - W

Ch 126 - Alibi

Ch 127 - Dave

Ch 128 - Drama

Ch 129 - Really

Ch 130 - Alibi +1

Ch 131 - W +1

Ch 190 - GOLD +1

Ch 191 - W HD

Ch 194 - Dave HD

Ch 200 - Alibi HD

Ch 211 - Dave ja vu

Ch 245 - Yesterday

Ch 246 - Yesterday +1

Ch 247 - Eden

Ch 248 - Eden +1

Ch 249 - Eden HD

Ch 278 - Good Food

Ch 279 - Good Food +1

Ch 280 - Good Food HD

Ch 281 - Home

Ch 282 - Home +1

Plus, all UKTV on demand content is also being axed on Sunday.

• We’re delighted to announce the new channels available from Sunday for Virgin TV customers

Here is a list of new channels that will replace the UKTV ones, but some of the channels are duplicates of existing channels already on VM and it's not yet clear what channel numbers the new channels will ultimately be on, especially if the UKTV channels don't return.

Ch 124 - Paramount Network HD - new channel

Ch 125 - Lifetime

Ch 126 - True Entertainment

Ch 127 - Premier Sports HD - new channel

Ch 128 - Your tv - new channel

Ch 129 - 4Music

Ch 130 - Freesports - new channel

Ch 131 - Sports Sports Mix

Ch 190 - True Entertainment +1

Ch 191 - Vice

Ch 194 - Quest HD

Ch 200 - C&I HD

Ch 211 - Discovery Turbo

Ch 245 - History HD

Ch 246 - Lifetime +1

Ch 247 - Love Nature HD

Ch 248 - ZooMoo

Ch 249 - Love Nature

Ch 278 - Together

Ch 279 - Horse & Country

Ch 281 - More4

Ch 282 - More4 +1

Ch 346 - Now 80s

A new app called IQTV will also launch showing all quiz shows and also more on demand content is being added by Sky and National Geographic.

• The UKTV channels have now been removed and have been placed in hidden positions on the EPG from ch625 onwards.

• The following changes have happened on VM's tv service:

30th July - BT Sport 4K UHD launches on Ch 555 - the first 4k channel on VM! Channel is only available on V6 and older tivo boxes.

Aug 1 - Premier Sports 2 launches on Ch 552.

Sometime recently, Bloomberg replaced their SD channel with a HD version on Ch 609.

• The following info is from jj20x over on the Digital Spy forums about VM's tv service:

(He is a member of this forum too and is welcome to post his stuff here anytime he feels like it.:))

Love Nature 4K is testing.

Food Network +1 & Travel Channel +1 maybe testing.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/…1725169/new-channels/p167

https://forums.digitalspy.com/…90741770#Comment_90741770

• As mentioned on the UKTV thread, the UKTV channels have returned to VM. The duplicates of the new channels that launched last month and duplicates of some existing channels that VM used to replace the UKTV ones, have all been removed. Additionally, GOLD HD will launch.

Here is a full list of changes:

Ch 124 - GOLD restored and Paramount Network HD removed. VM state that GOLD HD will launch here soon

Ch 125 - W restored and Lifetime removed

Ch 126 - alibi restored and True Entertainment removed

Ch 127 - Dave restored and Premier Sports HD removed

Ch 128 - Drama restored and Your tv removed

Ch 129 - Really restored and 4music removed

Ch 130 - alibi +1 restored and Freesports removed

Ch 131 - W +1 restored and Sports Sports Mix removed

Ch 190 - GOLD +1 restored and True Entertainment +1 removed

Ch 191 - W +1 restored Vice removed

Ch 194 - Dave HD restored and Quest HD removed

Ch 200 - alibi HD restored and C&I HD removed

Ch 211 - Dave ja vu restored and Discovery Turbo removed

Ch 245 - Yesterday restored and History HD removed

Ch 246 - Yesterday +1 restored and Lifetime +1 removed

Ch 247 - Eden restored and Love Nature HD removed

Ch 248 - Eden +1 restored and ZooMoo removed

Ch 249 - Eden HD restored and Love Nature removed

Ch 278 - Good Food restored and Together removed

Ch 279 - Good Food +1 restored and Horse & Country removed

Ch 280 - Good Food HD restored

Ch 281 - Home restored and More4 removed

Ch 282 - Home +1 restored and More4 +1 removed

These are the final channel positions of the new channels that launched last month:

Ch 187 - Paramount Network HD

Ch 188 - Paramount Network

Ch 217 - Quest HD

Ch 218 - yourtv

Ch 219 - VICE

Ch 220 - True Entertainment +1

Ch 222 - Crime & Investigation HD

Ch 225 - Lifetime +1

Ch 293 - Love Nature HD

Ch 294 - Love Nature

Ch 298 - Horse & Country

Ch 299 - History HD

Ch 346 - Now 80s

Ch 551 - Premier Sports HD - SD channel removed

Ch 553 - Freesports

Ch 739 - ZooMoo HD

• Tit bits of channel news from the last few weeks:

Quest HD launches on Freeview

Factual entertainment and sports channel Quest is to makes its high definition debut on Freeview.

It's been confirmed the new HD simulcast of the Discovery-owned channel will launch on Freeview HD channel 114 during the course of Tuesday 14th August 2018.

BT Sport Box Office HD to launch

BT Sport will make its pay-per-view debut in mid-September; available on Sky, Virgin and BT TV.

BT Sport Box Office HD will launch on 15th September with the middleweight bout between Gennady Golovkin and Saul Canelo Alvarez, from Las Vegas.

• Virgin launches 4K entertainment channel on 17th September

The channel will be on Ch 999 and be for Full House and VIP customers only.