Brexit and EU general chit chat

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Brexit: EU's Donald Tusk 'suggests 12-month flexible delay'

European Council President Donald Tusk is proposing to offer the UK a 12-month "flexible" extension to its Brexit date, according to a senior EU source.

His plan would allow the UK to leave sooner if Parliament ratifies a deal, but it would need to be agreed by EU leaders at a summit next week.

The UK's Conservatives and Labour Party are set to continue Brexit talks later.

So, the goalposts are being prepared to move again...:rolleyes: And after this 12-month extension, will be another 12-month extension, then another...

All we can hope for is a act of god now and as the Commons flooded with water yesterday, perhaps that is what's happening.:)

• An extension is the lesser of all the evils, ie. May's deal and Remain in one shape or another. All we need now is a GE so we can boot out all the undemocratic MP's, or a good few of them anyway. Hopefully, the May local elections will give them a bloody nose and make them think again, but the bi-election in Newport is not very heartening. Most of them voted for Labour and the Tories. I can see now why scammers and fraudsters are so successful!

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• So, the goalposts are being prepared to move again...:rolleyes: And after this 12-month extension, will be another 12-month extension, then another...

All we can hope for is a act of god now and as the Commons flooded with water yesterday, perhaps that is what's happening.:)

Wasn't it sewerage water? , if so , very apt for the mother of all shit houses!

• An extension is the lesser of all the evils, ie. May's deal and Remain in one shape or another. All we need now is a GE so we can boot out all the undemocratic MP's, or a good few of them anyway. Hopefully, the May local elections will give them a bloody nose and make them think again, but the bi-election in Newport is not very heartening. Most of them voted for Labour and the Tories. I can see now why scammers and fraudsters are so successful!

Lemmings syndrome in action , that is why the MP's are behaving like they are!

• I was just about to comment on that Newport result myself Fidget. I didn't even know that the Labour MP Paul Flynn had died which caused the by-election. Hopefully the rest of the country will take more of a interest, but there is such a massive amount of fatigue in regards to this whole Brexit mess, I'm not the results would be any different. BUT, I would never rule out the Farage affect.

If extensions mean we get to have a election at some point, then fine, but otherwise its just kicking the can down the road indefinitely.

• Anybody stomach Question time last night? , quality start from the only leaver on the panel , much squirming from the host when he pointed out over 60% of QT panel are Remainers !

• Anybody stomach Question time last night? , quality start from the only leaver on the panel , much squirming from the host when he pointed out over 60% of QT panel are Remainers !

I stopped watching it long ago. The panel is virtually always Remain biased, and so is the audience. I watch interesting clips, now and again.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Just watching that QT now and it started with the Telegraph's Charles Moore saying he is the only leaver on the panel and he was right.

If we're not careful, we'll end up going down the American route with conservative minded people watching their own channels like Fox News and liberals watching stuff like CNN. The difference being here is that the BBC is funded by everyone, not just one political group. Shame that's not reflected on screen in shows like QT.

• Why is'nt a national broadcaster demanding Mrs May appears and takes questions from a hostile audience or phone callers ?, if ever it was needed more than now I cannot recall it.

Perhaps this woman might get a non bubble view for once !

Not the completely biased broadcasting corporation or Sky Remainer news , LBC or ITV would be my preferences.

• Just watching that QT now and it started with the Telegraph's Charles Moore saying he is the only leaver on the panel and he was right.

If we're not careful, we'll end up going down the American route with conservative minded people watching their own channels like Fox News and liberals watching stuff like CNN. The difference being here is that the BBC is funded by everyone, not just one political group. Shame that's not reflected on screen in shows like QT.

You are too late , I never watch BBC news or Channel 4 news , SKY News is unfortunately getting as bad too .

• BBC Parliament is just airing right now a event hosted by a Brexit think tank called The Bruges Group and its basically a anti-May conference which was held earlier today.

Essex MP and ERG member Mark Francois, is making a excellent speech against current events trying to mess up Brexit.

I highly recommend this, hopefully it should be on iplayer at some point.

• But what's the alternative Nigel, if you can't stomach the Jon Snow/Adam Boulton/BBC tripe?

There is no alternative in the UK, its all been cowed and put under the thumb by the phone hacking scandal. If you want the truth and the news they suppress, you have to start spreading your reading far and wid across the net, or grit ur teeth and pay for a newsfeed from Reuters or AP. Foriegn news agencies are good at blowing the whistle on the stories the establishment woudl rather keep quiet. Plus you have sites like Guido Fawkes, Briebart etc.

• For info, you can get free newsfeeds from the likes of Reuters, if you sign up to a speadbetting firm. You don't have to actually use the firm, just take advantage of all the free goodies they offer.

Wasn't Breitbart run by that whackjob who went to work for the king of all whackjobs aka the current American president.:P

• For info, you can get free newsfeeds from the likes of Reuters, if you sign up to a speadbetting firm. You don't have to actually use the firm, just take advantage of all the free goodies they offer.

Wasn't Breitbart run by that whackjob who went to work for the king of all whackjobs aka the current American president.:P

possibly, but the point is to listen to all points of view, some you discard, and some arrive at a consesnsus.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!