Brexit and EU general chit chat

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Majority of 607 after two recounts, roughly 22,000 voted foe each main party, Tories and Labour, 2000 for LimpDumbs.

Constituency vote 60% Leave. It was Tory for decades.

This one is a a sitting duck wide open marginal . And if Farages Brexit party stands they could mop it up.

• Plus shes now going to be hauled up before the Solicitors Regulation Authority for lying through her teeth, and hopefully they will order her struck off. Disgusting corrupt woman with no respect for the law, democracy or the people of Peterborough

• Oh dear , just saw Marr ,only to see how he handled lefties and he upped his game , Umunna and Cable both ambushed with post referendum speeches in which they both said they did not agree with a second referendum , Umunna even said it would make anyone wanting it seem like they were the political elite , oh dear , oh dear , oh dear.

• UK signs post-Brexit free trade deal with South Korea

The UK and South Korea have signed an outline free trade agreement (FTA) that seeks to maintain existing trade arrangements post-Brexit.

International Trade Secretary Liam Fox signed the deal with his South Korean counterpart Yoo Myung-hee in Seoul.

The preliminary agreement marks the first post-Brexit trade deal the UK has secured in Asia.

So, post Brexit, the world was going to come to a end and nobody else in the world would ever touch us with a barge pole again, at least according to the likes of Clegg, Osbourne and other die hard remainers.

Clearly, South Korea thinks differently.:)

• Contrast and compare: Yesterday the whole of the BBC was awash with anti Brexit stories from farming to industry but today not a peep. Indeed the first mention of Brexit was 90 minutes into R4's output and that was a review of a newspaper story. Even the traditional 6:35 anti brexit slot was empty!!

Now call me a conspiracy theorist (tin hats on) but I think something's been said. In fact I'd go as far as to say the riot act has been read to BBC executives over bias.

• Now call me a conspiracy theorist (tin hats on) but I think something's been said. In fact I'd go as far as to say the riot act has been read to BBC executives over bias.

Yes, I noticed the BBC gave Lord Digby Jones a decent amount of time yesterday! Shock and horror, as he is an ardent Brexiteer.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Yes, I noticed the BBC gave Lord Digby Jones a decent amount of time yesterday! Shock and horror, as he is an ardent Brexiteer.

Was that later in the day? I generally only have the Today programme on R4 'til 7 and then Breakfast on BBC1 'til 8:30. I don't bother with news programmes after that.

• I didn't make a note of the time, but he was speaking about UK businesses and dismissing Project Fear with facts.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• In fact I'd go as far as to say the riot act has been read to BBC executives over bias.

Hope so, they are a disgrace to the corporation they once were. Plus they became the voice of Labour. Evil to squeeze a licence fee out of an entire population only to openly support a political party and thrust its ideology at everyone who dissented. Their interviewers became rude, obnoxiously personal and smug.

• Contrast and compare: Yesterday the whole of the BBC was awash with anti Brexit stories from farming to industry but today not a peep. Indeed the first mention of Brexit was 90 minutes into R4's output and that was a review of a newspaper story. Even the traditional 6:35 anti brexit slot was empty!!

Now call me a conspiracy theorist (tin hats on) but I think something's been said. In fact I'd go as far as to say the riot act has been read to BBC executives over bias.

I suppose the one benefit of my current situation is I can't follow day to day events, so I avoid most of the spin. I did read something about the beeb a couple of days ago, but its lodged in that mush ball of my head at the moment and can't recall what it was.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a warning shot has been fired towards the BBC.

• The big problem with brexit at the moment is that there is a plethora of no deal scenarios virtually all of which are worst case and these are being taken as gospel by far too many people.

Worst case scenarios rarely happen because action is taken to stop them.

• Worst case scenarios rarely happen because action is taken to stop them.

This from my redtop today:

The boss in charge of French channel ports has dismissed warnings of Brexit chaos on the Dover to Calais trade route, saying: “C’est la bullsh**.”

Jean-Marc Puissesseau has claimed that the fears are twisted assumptions by people who do not know what they are talking about, or have an axe to grind.

The president of Port Boulogne Calais said: “The British authorities have been doing a great deal to prepare.

"People say they are asleep but I can assure you that they are highly professional and they are ready.

“There are certain individuals in the UK who are whipping up this ­catastrophism for their own reasons.

Worth reading the rest of this piece on the link above.

• LONDON (Reuters) - A majority of Britons believe Prime Minister Boris Johnson must take Britain out of the European Union “by any means”, even if that involves suspending parliament, an opinion poll conducted for the Daily Telegraph said on Monday.

Johnson has promised to lead Britain out of the EU on Oct. 31 regardless of whether he manages to secure an exit deal with Brussels, despite many in parliament being opposed to leaving without a deal.

A ComRes opinion poll showed 54% of respondents said they agreed with the statement: “Boris (Johnson) needs to deliver Brexit by any means, including suspending parliament if necessary, in order to prevent MPs (Members of Parliament) from stopping it.”

People want the politicians to get on and deliver the referendum result.

• Okay, so latest news is a spat inside Labour regarding a new referendum. Apparently there is a mad belief that only a second referendum will dissolve the blockage in the Brexit bowel. Plus they want one before a GE. :D Very subtle ^^

There is always this problem. If the people don't vote politically correctly, they get another chance. If they do vote correctly no one ever wants a second referendum. Transparent doesn't begin to describe this!

Still, if they would like to start splitting themselves up, go ahead. The more little puddles of discontent and angry wannabes over a larger, more robust vote to leave in the valid referendum, the better.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!