Brexit and EU general chit chat

• I thought they had already stated that: A second one where the question is remain as full member or remain as vassal state.

Ah okay. I'm behind on most news by at least a week.:) So, no option to leave?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• So, no option to leave?

No. No leave option. So stuck in the EU. But that just means the Brexit party will continue its rise. Like it or not the leave question will not be resolved by a Labour government or by the Illiberal undemocrats.

Even IF we manage to leave then there'll be continual chaffing by Europhiles to rejoin.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• They could do it as more and more people are fed up with Labour and the Tories

But even without an outright win a significant number of MPs could greatly influence the new government. Look at the influence the SNP and DUP have on the present ands last government

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• One wonders how their "ignore the referendum result" will play in the West country, traditionally their heartland, but also voted conclusively to leave.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• The LibDems are pulling in the votes, no wonder Labour are jumping on the bandwagon

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/19…our-latest-poll-10774248/

Interesting.

Voters like clarity and whether you agree with them or not, their policy is clear. Looks like they might take Labour's place as the main opposition party to the conservatives with their revoke article 50 policy.

Not enough votes to win a GE, thank goodness.

True, but the country has until recently only had two main parties, then it looked like with that new party forming and Farage's party, there could've been a major splintering of the vote away from the main two parties and spread across several smaller ones. This data seems to show that voters are still coalescing around the main parties and the Lib Dems are picking up the Remainer vote and could knock Labour permanently into third place or less.

• They could do it as more and more people are fed up with Labour and the Tories

But even without an outright win a significant number of MPs could greatly influence the new government. Look at the influence the SNP and DUP have on the present ands last government

Indeed, but that's only because the conservatives don't have a majority at the moment.

One wonders how their "ignore the referendum result" will play in the West country, traditionally their heartland, but also voted conclusively to leave.

I'm surprised the South West went so far to the Lib Dems in the first place, it must've been all that coastal air. Closer to me in parts of South London are also Lib Dem territory, but they're very liberal areas and the Lib Dems should continue to do well there after a new GE, if we ever have one.

• Who says that the Tories will have a majority at the next election

The West Country was always Liberal/LibDem territory, only switching to Tory by Cameron's big investment otherwise known as bribery. Recent elections however have shown that the LibDem vote is bac, big time

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out