Election debates

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn to face off in live BBC debate

The BBC will host a head-to-head debate between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn in the run-up to the general election.

The Conservative and Labour leaders will face off live in Southampton on 6 December - six days before the poll.

A seven-way podium debate will also take place between senior figures from the UK's major political parties on 29 November, live from Cardiff.

And the BBC will broadcast several Question Time specials, including a show focused on younger audiences.

Lets keep all stuff about the debates here please.

Dates for the debates are:

19th November - ITV debate featuring Boris and Corbyn

28th November - Sky News debate featuring Boris, Corbyn and Swinson

29th November - BBC debate featuring all leaders

6th December - BBC debate featuring Boris and Corbyn

So, four debates, two on the BBC and one each on ITV and Sky and Question Time specials too including one featuring Farage, but frankly what is the point? The election is only about one subject and most people made their minds up about that a long time ago.

• Looks like Swindlecon and Kranky ( Sounds like a dodgy law firm ^^ ) lost their court case to try and but into the main debate on TV.

Private Eye always used lawyers called Sue Grabbit, and Runne. ^^

• So Corbyn and Johnson will go head to head on ITV tonight; that'll be interesting to watch them spinning away like mad with all their 'jam tomorrow' drivel and doublespeak? The latest was the Tories are gonna plant 60 zillion trees by 2035, and Swinson countered it with 'the Lib Dems are going to plant twice as many'. What utter contempt they must have for the electorate in their expectation that we'll believe it? So we'll have one who couldn't run a fucking whelk-stall, and another who's a fucking adroit liar, and one of them is going to be our next prime minister. I've never known anything like this!

• Well I shan't be watching it. Totally pointless as it would be trying to work out who the bigger liar is.:rolleyes:

That is my view too. I can't bear the hypocrisy.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Well I shan't be watching it. Totally pointless as it would be trying to work out who the bigger liar is.:rolleyes:

I watched the first 15 minutes, but typical ITV they dumbed in down; the audience clapping for both sides was using up more time than what was being said in the actual debate.

• CORBYN: ..... "We will and must have a referendum so that people have a choice"??

La La Land and people actually support this man.

Labour policy is: the 2016 referendum will be ignored, but .... 'people will be allowed a new referendum to choose between Remain and Remain, and the result will be implemented'!

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Just watching this now, but on Brexit at least, it's clear cut between the two sides. Boris will take us out of the EU if he gets a a majority and Corbyn will have another vote on the matter only once the withdrawal treaty has been re-negotiated.

And I agree about the clapping, it's just taking time up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!