Should transgender rights be expanded or curbed?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Instead of unwarranted attack, why not ask for clarification?

I never mentioned child rape, or linked transgenders to child rape. You did. I linked the mental aberrations that cause both paedophilia and someone believing they were a different gender to their biological gender. They don't 'choose' to be that way.

To try and be as clear as possible .... as I would with a six year old .... I am saying that their mind tells them they are a different sex, just as paedophiles don't 'choose' to be attracted to children. They just are attracted to children.

I thought I had already explained this, but no matter. You chose to misunderstand me.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

I never mentioned child rape, or linked transgenders to child rape. You did. I linked the mental aberrations that cause both paedophilia and someone believing they were a different gender to their biological gender. They don't 'choose' to be that way.

To try and be as clear as possible .... as I would with a six year old .... I am saying that their mind tells them they are a different sex, just as paedophiles don't 'choose' to be attracted to children. They just are attracted to children.

I thought I had already explained this, but no matter. You chose to misunderstand me.

Nothing is unclear because you keep repeating this idea that all mental aberrations are the same. You also continue to ignore the fact that someone born what they consider to be in a body of a different sex to their perceived gender may or may not decide to change their body to suit. That part is a choice and it is only then when people start to care.

• Nothing is unclear because you keep repeating this idea that all mental aberrations are the same. You also continue to ignore the fact that someone born what they consider to be in a body of a different sex to their perceived gender may or may not decide to change their body to suit. That part is a choice and it is only then when people start to care.

There you go again! I didn't declare that all mental aberrations are the same. Are you being deliberately provocative?

Let me remind you what I actually said (below). I was exploring the possibility, but as you are so keen to tell me what I am saying and thinking ... I'll leave it there. Think what the hell you like!

What's the difference between that aberration, and one where a man thinks they are really a woman, and vice versa?

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Very clear although I don't blame you for backtracking. Try to do it gracefully though.

• You are a wind up merchant who still persists in telling me what I do, why I do it, and what I think.

Please stop!

• Do you really think that's good parallel? To put it another way, do you see a parallel between "mum/dad, I think I can only become a whole person comfortable in my skin once I've changed my sex" versus "mum/dad, I'm thinking of becoming a cripple because those wheelchair ramps are fun and I like a big loo"

I guess the point I'm making here is that I don't think society should put itself out for a bunch of crazy mixed up kids, self-made deviants or tossers.

So, I'm guessing from that remark, that you don't accept there is such a thing as a transgender person? And you reckon that a little boy who states to "his" parents that they are a girl, wants to get "his" willy cut off as an attention seeking move? Perhaps he didn't get the PS4 game "he" wanted, so wants the snip to get revenge on "his" parents?:rolleyes:

My wife had a transgender woman working for her. Quite a bit more than just an effeminate man.

Do you know when she realised she was a she? Has she had the op?

I'm sure we can group some of them. With any luck we'll only need about 10 different social/physical space/quarantining categories. Well, maybe 20 if each has a separate subcategory of accessibility for the physically disabled.

Who do you propose to quarantine? Almost missed that...:huh:

• You are a wind up merchant who still persists in telling me what I do, why I do it, and what I think.

Please stop!

Just reminding you what you said however that seems to be against the rules.

• Well, actually there aren't any general posting "rules" yet, it's on the to do list. We just have the main rules which are located at the bottom of each page called Terms and conditions. You helped to write them, Hoxton, if you remember.

Anyway, I'm just about to spend the next six hours in hospital, so please cut out the backbiting while I'm away. Hopefully when I return, it will be harmonious everywhere.:)

Back to topic.

• Just reminding you what you said however that seems to be against the rules.

There is an easy solution. Just stop spinning, and telling me that I said something different to what I actually said! I won't accept distortions of my words. I tried to be amicable, but you wouldn't let go and kept on with the distortions.

Likewise, I was prepared to let it go and move on, but you won't, will you?

• Well, actually there aren't any general posting "rules" yet, it's on the to do list. We just have the main rules which are located at the bottom of each page called Terms and conditions. You helped to write them, Hoxton, if you remember.

Anyway, I'm just about to spend the next six hours in hospital, so please cut out the backbiting while I'm away. Hopefully when I return, it will be harmonious everywhere.:)

Back to topic.

Did I??

• You cannot change your biological sex, no matter how much you want to.

Many girls want to be boys when young (I know this from experience), and no doubt some boys want to be girls. It isn't a 'sex' thing at all, but the expectations put upon girls and boys. Girls do this, and boys do that. This pre-conditioning is being gradually watered down, and good for that.

Nobody can change their biological sex though. Be a girl who plays rugby, or be a boy that wears make up and stilletto heels, but stop the farce that they can actually become the opposite sex. Genetically, they cannot be changed, and the massive use of surgery and drugs, both of which bring unnecessary risks, is just 'window shopping'.

It's already causing problems down the line, where men who have had sex changes want to compete in womens sports. That's ok if it is just a social game, but not when it's the olympics or the equivalent. Drug use in sport has shown that some people will stop at nothing to win. Also, there are the attention seekers who will do literally anything for 5 minutes of fame.

I am 100% against men being legally designated as women, and women being legally designated as men. It may solve the problem for one set of people, but it introduces a whole lot of problems for other people.

Couldn't agree more with everything you have said

I'm against legal re-designation of sex based on medical aid which can at best only offer a counterfeit of that changed sex. But I'm not sure what can be done about it legally. It would be preposterous for the NHS to facilitate any of this and equally preposterous for a Government to let them. The best we can do as a society is to show disdain or aversion to such people, and not frequent restaurants that offer a singular any-sex toilet facility and discourage our heterosexual kids from mixing with these aspiring deviants. We also need a long list of smutty jokes about transgender people. But let's hold off until the Labour Party "comes out" in support of transgender-ing, just to ensure that Labour doesn't get voted into Government.

Gay times ahead

• @Rob Alka

Are you really suggesting targeting minorities with negative postings or even insults in the streets?

I thought we left that attitude with the no blacks, Irish etc . rentals.

Whilst I am uneasy with the pandering to so many perceived sexual variations, public insults don't have a place in our society.

Maybe the real answer is unisex toilets with cubicles for all.

As someone who is somewhat pee shy, that would be an advance.

• Obviously I'm not suggesting "targeting"; that's your word, not mine; I'm merely suggesting disdain, aversion or disapproval. My reference to developing a list of transgender smutty jokes is deliberately lighthearted and fanciful but, I promise you, it will happen anyway because transgenders are certainly a category quite eligible to jeer at (as are those who have had a sense-of-humour bypass).

You need to try and distinguish between minorities who are that way through no fault of their own (cripples, midgets, autistics, etc etc) and self-absorbed/obsessed people who choose a sex-deviant identity and convince themselves it is the Right Thing To Do, helped along by the acceptance of their stupid parents, with added support from mindless neo-liberals who scream racist at the drop of a hat and demand that we do our best to accommodate these pathetic people who have latched on to transgenderism. Even if one feels sorry for them (and I have a tinge of that) it is quite irresponsible to recognise and accept their self-created deviant status, because it will only encourage this trend.

As for the footnote " Red = Mod. Abide by it", I haven't the faintest idea what this means but it certainly sounds obnoxious in an East German Thought Police kind of way. Kindly be explicit.

• So, I'm guessing from that remark, that you don't accept there is such a thing as a transgender person? And you reckon that a little boy who states to "his" parents that they are a girl, wants to get "his" willy cut off as an attention seeking move? Perhaps he didn't get the PS4 game "he" wanted, so wants the snip to get revenge on "his" parents?:rolleyes:

Who do you propose to quarantine? Almost missed that...:huh:

II don't care whether the kid cuts his willy off to prove a point. That's his problem and his parents, There are a lot of crazies on the streets these days, from bad parents or parents with bad genes (same difference perhaps) and it might be too late to help the kid get back to my idea of normal (which hopefully is also your idea of normal)

As to who I propose to quarantine, I'm not sure I understand your question and I'm not sure you understood my comment. When I wrote "With any luck we'll only need about 10 different social/physical space/quarantining categories, maybe 20 if each of the 10 also has a separate subcategory of accessibility for the physically disabled" I can't believe you took that literally? It was a reductio ad absurdum joke.

• I'm still sceptical whether a child can 'decide' to be a different sex. I suspect nurture is as influential as nature.

Maybe it's my own childhood that makes me so sceptical, knowing how much I hated to be a girl and expected to do 'girly' things by all, except my Dad. Maybe that's because I was the youngest of 5 girls and my dad had always hankered after a boy and I became the 'boy' who joined in with all the things my dad did, although my Dad did teach me how to make my own clothes, and used to cut me dress making patterns from pictures I saw in trendy magazines. It was cheaper than buying them for me. :)

Would I have 'decided' to be a boy, given the opportunity? I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. I am happy as I am, and I don't let gender 'expectations' affect my choices. I had motorbikes, fast horses, set up my own business (with support from my husband), and I am definitely not the girly type who spends a fortune on clothes and make up. There are more interesting things to spend money on.

I remember raging in my early married days that I had to get my husbands 'permission' to take out a bank loan, even though I earned more than my husband. I still get annoyed when I think about it. I wouldn't have been angry if the same had applied to married men, ie. they had to get the wife's permission. It was the inequality that annoyed me.

I guess I've always been a bit of a rebel.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!