BBC axes political programming

• The BBC has announced it's axing its Sunday lunchtime politics slot and making cutbacks at BBC Parliament.

Meanwhile, BBC Parliament will no longer be on air during the weeks when the UK Parliament or the devolved Parliaments are not sitting.

I like watching the Sunday politics shows on the Beeb, but after ITV axed Peston's Sunday show, it looks like the BBC is following suit, so I guess this is not too much of a surprise.

The article goes on to say that BBC's Two's Daily Politics shows will get renamed to Politics Live in September and get reduced to 45 minutes, down from an hour. The Wednesday programme will be still be longer to include PMQs.

On the reduction of the BBC Parliament programming, that makes sense when parliament is not sitting. Anyone can catch up on past sessions on iplayer.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Politics shows are back today, well some of them...

The BBC's lunchtime programme is gone and Andrew Marr's show is moved to 10am to compete with Sky News' offering and as I said earlier, Peston on Sunday is long gone too. Yah!

• I don't think Sky's political programme starts until next week, but a few days ago Andrew Marr tweeted to Sky's Sophie Ridge apologising that the Beeb had put his programme into that time slot citing some silly excuse as a reason for the move. The beeb got him to remove the tweet shortly afterwards.

And I agree that wth pvrs and catchup, all this scheduling nonsense is just that, total nonsense. It's the thinking of the past and why I'm convinced that streamers will rule supreme in the end:

Will streaming tv services kill off broadcasters?

• Just watching the new daily BBC politics programme, Politics Live, on catchup and I think its better than The Daily Politics show it replaced. It's just a panel of journalists and politicians discussing the current events. If it stays like this, it will be worth watching as long as the gimmicks remain cut out.