Spoiler Rule - Please READ!!

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • When discussing tv shows, films, books, plays etc, there is a simple spoiler rule employed here:

Spoiler Rule

Do not post anything which can ruin the story for the enjoyment of others, especially giving away major plot lines like the death of a character. All spoiler discussion should be placed in a spoiler box.

====

What does this mean in practice?

A tv show could be made based on a book and you decide to create a thread about that show. You may have read the book, but others may not have. You should not post anything in the tv show thread from the books which could ruin the story for those that have not read the books and give away major plot lines such as a death of a character. All spoiler discussion should be placed in a spoiler box. Additionally, you should not post anything about the show itself which could ruin the story for others who have not seen the programme yet.

What about old shows, books, films?

The same applies. A 1950s film may be old to you and you may have seen it several times, but it could be brand new to somebody else. Anything which gives away the story such as a death of a character should be placed in a spoiler box.

If in doubt about where to post something, stick it in the spoiler box.

Can I reply to posts and talk about info posted in a spoiler box?

Of course you can! Just stick the reply in a spoiler box itself.

How do I know what I can and cannot post and what should be posted in a spoiler box?

Here's an illustration of a incorrect post that contains spoilers and then a post which is done correctly placing all major plot lines in the spoiler box:

Incorrect post in breach of spoiler rule:

"Really enjoyed the episode tonight, it was full of action and a really exciting ending. When Mike encountered the evil magician, I knew something was going to happen and I'm glad he managed to kill him in the end. In the books, the story was somewhat different and it wasn't Mike who killed the magician, but Lucy and she killed him much further along in the story. What will Lucy do now, as the show has diverged from the show so much?

=====

Too much info given in that post and it not only ruined the story for the tv show, but for the book version as well. That post should've be written something like this:

Correct post. This is how to do it!

"Really enjoyed the episode tonight, it was full of action and a really exciting ending. The story has diverged somewhat from the books and it will be interesting to see how the show develops now."

Display Spoiler

When Mike encountered the evil magician, I knew something was going to happen and I'm glad he managed to kill him in the end. Lucy killed the magician in the books, so what happens to her character now in the show?

=====

By placing the info about the character's death in the spoiler box and the info about how the tv show story deviated from the books, this will not ruin the story for those not familiar with the books or who haven't seen the show yet.

If members do not follow the spoiler rule and make a habit of ruining stories for others, then they will be subject to infractions which will probably mean being suspended from the site for a while.

If you have any questions about the spoiler rule, please post them in the Help and Feedback forum.

Thank you

Horizon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!