Why would we ever want a black James Bond?

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• There appears to be a clamber online and in the press to get a black James Bond , yep , it seems Idris Elba is all the rage to play the spy , I will never watch any film with a black Bond or female Bond , when will this PC crap ever stop?:cursing:

• He's very good, so he would be good at it.

Forget all the PC nonsense for a second, but as many of our problems in the world originate from the Islamic world, a Muslim Bond would be a very good idea. You could have really hard hitting stories about Islamic extremism and relevant for today, but under most circumstances, employing someone purely based on their gender, race, religion or sexuality is a terrible idea.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• employing someone purely based on their gender, race, religion or sexuality is a terrible idea.

Doesn't seem to dawn on the PC elite though does it?

I will never watch any film with a black Bond or female Bond

Wouldn't work for me either.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• No female Bond? Nah, far too tame. How about a transvestite, or gender change person. You just know it's coming and will be with us soon, don't you. ;)

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• You just know it's coming and will be with us soon

Gay?

Live another guy, Octowussy, Guy another day. I'll get my coat.^^

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• The latest fuss is over the possibility of a straight man playing the part of a gay man in an up and coming film, and the 'liberals' are up in arms and demanding that a gay man should have the part.

Bless Stephen Fry (a voice of sanity in this instance), as he's defending the casting saying he personally has played straight men, and also played the part of a father, even though he's gay. I wonder why the 'liberals' didn't complain about a gay guy playing the part of a straight guy? (That was a rhetorical question. I already know the answer).

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Here's the story about that:

Jack Whitehall has received backlash online after news broke that he'd been cast as Disney's first major gay character in Jungle Cruise.

The comedian wrote that he was "honoured" to be a part of the 2019 film, and it was later reported that he would be playing an openly gay man.

The news has led some people to ask why a gay actor wasn't cast for the role.

Personally, I think Disney should get backlash about not coming up with anything original. This seems a blatant advert for their theme parks.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.