When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Been to the cinema this afternoon to watch this and had a thoroughly good time.:)

If you've seen the first film, then this will all be familiar territory for you, but even if you haven't, you should be able pick up the story easy enough.

As the bulk of Abba's popular songs were in the first film, they had to did deeper into their song bag for this film, but that's not a bad thing at all. Although, I wasn't familiar with some of the songs in this film, I really enjoyed them.

The film was not as upbeat as the the first and quite sad in some ways (without ruining the story for you) but in many ways the film was better off because of its sadder/darker tone.

If you've not seen this film yet, I thoroughly recommend you see at the cinema while it's still on. With its belting soundtrack, this is one of those films made for the big screen and their great sound systems.

And if you like Abba, check out this thread: ABBA is back!

• It's one of those 'I'd love to say I hated it' films. But I didn't, not top drawer fare at all but it was entertaining.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!