Thunberg gets Time Magazine "person of the year"

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Thunberg gets Time Magazine "person of the year"

Reminds me of the leftie libs attitude to sport... No losers.. All winner's... No matter how debased how crass it is.

This child lecturing adults and the adults sit in awe of her. There is no hope.

• Reminds me of the leftie libs attitude to sport... No losers.. All winner's... No matter how debased how crass it is.

This child lecturing adults and the adults sit in awe of her. There is no hope.

It creates a generation of people who cannot accept losing. It also creates a sense of entitlement that they can be whatever they want to be, and do whatever they want to do, but want it handed to them on a plate as they don't want the hard work involved in getting there. Not everyone, obviously!

It leads to false expectations and eventual depression when their unachievable expectations are not realised.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• It creates a generation of people who cannot accept losing. It also creates a sense of entitlement that they can be whatever they want to be, and do whatever they want to do, but want it handed to them on a plate as they don't want the hard work involved in getting there. Not everyone, obviously!

It leads to false expectations and eventual depression when their unachievable expectations are not realised.

Probably led by lying politicians who demonstrate such an example

• Boris kept saying "levelling up"

I wonder how many voters undertood the implications behind that phrase.

That everybody does NOT get a prize

That inequality is a necessary and unavoidable feature of human existence

That equal opportunity does not guarantee equal outcome

That becoming wealthy (without cheating) is to be admired rather than resented, and certainly not punished

• I haven't heard Boris say 'levelling up', but I agree with your points.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Greta Thunberg's father: 'She is happy, but I worry'

Greta Thunberg's father has said he thought it was "a bad idea" for his daughter to take to the "front line" of the battle against climate change.

Millions of people have been inspired to join the 16-year-old in raising awareness of environmental issues.

But Svante Thunberg told the BBC he was "not supportive" of his daughter skipping school for the climate strike.

And who is to blame if his daughter has problems, of course he accepts no responsibility?:rolleyes: If she's happy, why say anything at all?

The fact he allowed her to skip school to be a global eco warrior proves he she should at least face charges for neglect.

• I would never let a daughter of mine be taken over by this crap end of the planet bollox.

The fact she has Aspergers is important but not the prevailing factor.

• Thunberg made Honourable Field Marshall take charge of all military theatres of war, current and future, on behalf of UK.

Adult mature, experianced ploiticians unite in saying.... GREAT THUNBERG has so much knowledge and skill in military matters having gained a girl guide badge for camouflage.

• Thunberg made Honourable Field Marshall take charge of all military theatres of war, current and future, on behalf of UK.

Adult mature, experianced ploiticians unite in saying.... GREAT THUNBERG has so much knowledge and skill in military matters having gained a girl guide badge for camouflage.

I'm at a loss to find any reference to Greta Thunberg joining the British Army and being instantly promoted to Field Marshall.... or even being awarded a Brownie or Guide badge for dressing up like a haystack.

Certainly there was no such award during my time in the Brownies..... and I've just asked my wife (who was in the Guides), and she says they didn't award badges for camouflage when she was a member.

Perhaps the link may help you in the future. Simply type in "Camouflage" and click on "Find Badges". To save you the trouble, I just did that and the outcome was "No Matching Results".

https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/what-we-do/our…Order=Relevance

Perhaps you've spent too much time at the crap end of planet Bollox.

Let me know when you want to come back to Earth.

And it would be Honorary Field Marshall. Not Honourable. Just saying.

• Ho ho. You are so knowledgeable. That you deem my comment to to be serious... Crikey!!!

Not at all. I treated it with the reply it deserved.

The last thing I'd do is take anything you write seriously.

• Not at all. I treated it with the reply it deserved.

The last thing I'd do is take anything you write seriously.

Thanks for that and thanks again for taking the trouble to reply - especially when you dont take it seriously. that I find truly commendable.

• HAHAH I'm loving the banter between you two.

I hate to say it but I think her father is right to be concerned, She has put herself in a rather precarious position that could have the potential to actually put her life at risk. Lennon tried to change the world. It only takes one loon that opposes her views as the spokesperson strongly enough or corporate or political assassin. Politics is a high stakes game. Whatever money she is earning from this campaign she might do well to invest in some personal protection just as high ranking politicians do. At least if she stays out at Sea she will remain relatively safe. The longer this goes on and the older she gets the bigger the risk. Touch wood nothing does happen and I would not wish it upon her but it's a nasty world she is yet to even begin to witness or experience.

• LOL.. its obvious the Father is a duplicitous loon. He sees the Dollar sign and the bank account spiraling upwards. No way my daughter would be so exploited and never would I let such exploitation place her on a sail Yacht heading across the planet. If I put my 16 year old on a bus to Brighton, with Aspergers, and she got lost and injured I would be seriously investigated by Social services.

Watching grown adults many with PhDs (Professors) of long standing, ogling this 16 year old kid as their superior godlike figure is a disgrace.

This was/is a media scam agenda.

A friend of mine, from London phoned me yesterday telling me of children she knows with depression and serious mental illness, sleepless nights and loads of doctors appointments - all because Thunberg and the agenda are saying the "world will soon come to an end". This is factual reality regards these children.

We can NOT say "Islam" when discussing bombs and killings on Facebook etc yet this crap from Thunberg and her lead promoters is permitted.

It shocks me that seemingly intelligent adults fawn all over this child and her crap message ... i will willingly bet any person £5000 that her message will fade into oblivion before July 2020 in the same way the "Ozone layer" threat and the 1970s .. "Oil will run out by 1980 and the world will be finished" ..... people should wake up and smell the coffee. You are being played like Fiddles. The EU powerful Oligarchs, i no way wanted Brexit to succeed, their power is beyond measurable... they use the MSM BBC.. to ply this young girl and her pathetic sermons in order to stir up hate and fear and hopefully gain the REMAIN vote to save the day.

Well, thankfully the people are NOT that stupid and I am so proud it is THE BRITISH who once again lead the way and show the EU we will not be rules by tyrants.

2020...... GRETA WHO?????????

• If I put my 16 year old on a bus to Brighton, with Aspergers, and she got lost and injured I would be seriously investigated by Social services

Think yo would find that the Social Services would not want to know at 16, and would refer you to the mental health team

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!