The Boris Show

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Within the next few months Boris Johnson may well become the prime minister. Whether you think Boris is the best thing since sliced bread, or a narcissist, power hungry twat, there is no doubt that he is one the most, if not the most, high profile politician in a generation.

Here is the shaggy one in his finest moment:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All things Boris go here.

• I'd rather a prime minister who is an intelligent clown than one who is dull as ditch-water, with an IQ that is only just in double figures and who, while in Africa, tries to project her winnable personality for us back home, in much the same way as Young Frankenstein's monster was programmed to impersonate Fred Astair's "Putting on the Ritz"

Also remember that Boris understands that trying to engage the mass of British voters in an intelligent discussion on major issues is, these days, a Fool's Errand. Much smarter to play the clown

• Former foreign secretary Boris Johnson and his wife Marina Wheeler have confirmed they have separated.

In a joint statement, they said they are now in the process of divorcing, after the Sun newspaper broke the news of their split.

His daughter has allegedly called him a self absorbed bastard and amid rumours of a affair, his marriage is now at a end. Looks like he's preparations for ascent to power are well on the way...X/

• Good idea for Boris to remind people that beneath the clown exterior is a guy with enough sex appeal to have an affair with intelligent good looking women, if the last two are anything to go by. A divorce is underway. His wife is a QC and therefore not short of a bob or two. His kids will thrive on the excitement and infamy of it all. A happy ending for everyone.

• Today on The Boris Show:

Boris Johnson has attacked Theresa's May's Brexit plan, saying she had "wrapped a suicide vest" around the British constitution and "handed the detonator" to Brussels.

Writing in the Mail on Sunday, the former foreign secretary said the Chequers deal had opened the UK to "perpetual political blackmail".

Boris goes on to say in the Mail article that we have given in to Brussels at even step, agreeing to their timetable, agreeing to hand over £40bn for nothing in return, under the Chequers proposal agreeing to accept EU law forever and quote, "It is a humiliation. We look like a seven-stone weakling being comically bent out of shape by a 500lb gorilla.’

I fully agree with him.

And while the paper version of the Mail leads with that story, another Boris story leads the online version:

A party-loving Tory aide was last night at the centre of Westminster speculation about Boris Johnson’s marriage split.

Carrie Symonds, the party’s former director of communications, was linked to the former Foreign Secretary after it was claimed that he had developed a ‘strong friendship’ with the blonde in the months leading up to his separation from wife Marina.

Ms Symonds, 30, has been a high-profile figure in Westminster for nearly a decade, holding senior positions at Tory HQ and as an adviser to Cabinet Ministers

And there was me thinking that his nick name of shagger related to his hair!

Elsewhere on The Boris Show, or should that be The Boris and Theresa Show:

The Tory party was plunged into a bitter civil war over dirty tricks last night after it was revealed that Theresa May’s aides drew up a dossier on Boris Johnson’s sex life in an apparent effort to prevent him from becoming prime minister.

The document, passed to The Sunday Times by a Conservative source, contains a catalogue of lurid allegations about Johnson’s sexual liaisons, quips from him about cocaine and damning assessments of his character.

Personally, if I was someone who runs the admin and finances of the Conservative Party, I would sell tickets to the upcoming party conference, as it's sure to be a good show!

• There is a big furore over Boris's reference to a suicide vest. Is there anything that anyone can say that won't offend someone, somewhere?

Maybe it's because the reference always reminds people of Islamic terrorist attacks and criticising Islam is definitely a no-no in the UK, as Boris has already discovered, which he ignored. All credit to Boris for speaking out on behalf of the ignored and suppressed majority.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• There is a big furore over Boris's reference to a suicide vest. Is there anything that anyone can say that won't offend someone, somewhere?

I would go as far to say some people want and need to feel offended to the point of actively seeking it out. ;)

• It's the same attribute that propelled Trump into the Whitehouse. Something that reaches out to the common man: Honesty.

Well, telling people what they want to hear. Whether that's honesty or not on the part of the politician, is debatable.

There is a big furore over Boris's reference to a suicide vest. Is there anything that anyone can say that won't offend someone, somewhere?

Maybe it's because the reference always reminds people of Islamic terrorist attacks and criticising Islam is definitely a no-no in the UK, as Boris has already discovered, which he ignored. All credit to Boris for speaking out on behalf of the ignored and suppressed majority.

He's using deliberate private language, but as Trump and as others from history has shown, provoking the masses wins elections. But once the crowds are stirred up, then what?

If Boris wants to keep going down this road, then he needs to have solutions when the roaring crowds come knocking on his door at 10, otherwise they will be bashing that door down.

• I would go as far to say some people want and need to feel offended to the point of actively seeking it out. ;)

I couldn't agree more.

There is another reason for being offended and it might be what the psychologists call a "facilitating" reason: it's where someone is offended on behalf of what they think may be found offensive by others. It's what I would call offence-by-proxy, eg I'm offended that he has offended you. In a general election or referendum many people even cast a by-proxy vote based on what they feel or believe society wants or needs. It makes meaningless an attempt to have an election or referendum which might be representing an imagined third party's votes.

• In regard to Boris, my support for him has just gone up ten fold. 12 MP's have said they will resign if he becomes PM. No names are mentioned, but they are highly likely to be remainers. I hope they stick to their promise as it would increase Boris's chances. In the event of a change of leadership ... if they shoo-in another remainer as PM then I will be very VERY angry!

I just want a Brexiter as PM, which should have happened when Cameron stood down.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!