When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I am hooked on one of the current ads, and there are many more I remember well. I never remember who the ad was for, just the music and the images.

Here are the most recent two:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

an older one but I still remember it:

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Edited once, last by Horizon: Edited youtube links to display vids on site (September 11, 2018 at 8:56 AM).

• In a similar mould, much less recent was:

We called it the brio strategy

• I am hooked on one of the current ads, and there are many more I remember well. I never remember who the ad was for, just the music and the images.

Can you describe, someone might know it?

Great subject, by the way.:thumbup::) Loved those ads you posted and that John Lewis one in particular, is very creative. It must have taken ages to do. That Sony one is good too. I wonder how they come up with this stuff?

I'm struggling to remember the really old ads and as I don't watch much "live" tv, I'm not familiar with current ads either, but I did like this Barclaycard ad which aired over recentish times:

• What does anyone think of the current TV Christmas ads

I like the Tesco one which is seasonal yet gets the core message over that they have been trading for over 100 years

The worst to me is the silly John Lewis one that cost millions to make

• Recent Halifax slinky. Very good but seems to have finished its run to replaced by an animated bottle-opener.:(

• My children loved their slinky, hours of fun. They finished up with two and raced them down the stairs. Sometimes the simplest things are the most appealimg

• BBC Lunchtime News showed a £100 commercial that was hand made by a Welsh ironmonger to promote independent small businesses. An ad that has gone viral on social media

£199, take note John Lewis, you could have saved all those millions, and reduced price in your store

Can't find the ad on google or BBC news on line but will add it if I can

• Video:

• It's a good ad, but no web address and for the 99.99% of us that don't live in that town, no street address to the shop either, so they seem to be missing a trick with actually advertising their business there, although the BBC have done it for them.:)

Just seen the JL add on that Sun link and it's okay... Nice Christmas scenery and all that, but I don't know who Edgar is and it all seems a bit pointless to me.

Just before the JD ad ran on the site, a "proper" ad appeared and it just happened to be M&S' xmas ad. Bloody awful. What terrible "music" for the ad.

The Welsh hardware store wins. When did we start calling them hardware stores?

• "Volkswagen for Life" ad:

• Although Cadbury has ruined its chocolate since the yanks took it over, I love this ad:

• I like that ad too, LW, but it still won't persuade me to buy Cadbury products. I avoid it like the plague as it isn't the same product now, and they went back on their promise to support UK production. An additional no-no for me is that they pay for Halal certification.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• I used to eat a lot of Cadburys and when they changed over the chocolate started to taste like sludgy fudge. I dumped it.

Why do you need Halal certification for chocolate outside of Muslim countries? Does some deity have to approve of the products of another nation? (ffs)

• I like that ad too, LW, but it still won't persuade me to buy Cadbury products. I avoid it like the plague as it isn't the same product now, and they went back on their promise to support UK production. An additional no-no for me is that they pay for Halal certification.

Why buy Cadbury anyway when delicious Belgian chocolate is available, at the moment

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!