The Purge

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• The Purge

(2018)

Overview

Set in a dystopian America ruled by a totalitarian political party, the series follows several seemingly unrelated characters living in a small city. Tying them all together is a mysterious savior who’s impeccably equipped for everything the night throws at them. As the clock winds down with their fates hanging in the balance, each character is forced to reckon with their pasts as they discover how far they will go to survive the night. Read more

Genres

• Drama
    Trailer

• The Purge is a new series that is being shown on Amazon with a new episode every Wednesday, the premise for the series that for one night ( 12 hours) of the year people are allowed to get away with any crime they like including murder.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Not heard of this one Ron, which considering I was watching Jack Ryan earlier in the week, is surprising. Thanks for the heads up on it.:)

I wonder if this might be a tv version of Michael's Douglas' Falling Down film? That was hilarious. I love dark comedies and would love to see a tv version of that. But, if its like The Hunger Games, which going by the description, it may be, I hated that.

I will check it out.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Saw two eps of this last night and its totally sick.:)

Very similar to The Hunger Games and there has already been four separate films with another to go, but this is a very pessimtic, dark outlook on America's future where everyone has the chance to murder each over once a year for a 12 hour period.

I shall continue watching.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.