Business as usual in some aspects of the bias media post General Election result

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I was listening to Nick Abbott on LBC last night and I know he is your typical smug, sneering, superior, smart arse, metropolitan elite, lefty, Boris hating remainer. But there he was regurgitating the same old script that he has been peddling for the last 3.5 years about the plebs not knowing what they were voting for, the billionaires manipulating the emotions of the working class and all the usual anti-Brexit bile that he has been spewing out in the name of light-hearted comedic talk radio.

I have been brought back to earth with a bump by this after the election victory. I thought this type of thing had been consigned to the dustbin, but now I realise that it hasn't. This won't stop, this is far from over, very far. I think we will slowly see the gradual ramping up of anti-Brexit bile across the media over the next month as they try to stir something up.

I feel that something is brewing.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Me too. Democracy is under threat in many democratic countries. Look at the USA for example. Trump was elected using exactly the same system as previous Presidents, but is not accepted by those who thought it gave the 'wrong' result. The same happened here over the Brexit referendum, the independence referendum in Scotland and will happen with every GE that isn't a win for the undemocratic, but noisy, minority.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Me too. Democracy is under threat in many democratic countries. Look at the USA for example. Trump was elected using exactly the same system as previous Presidents, but is not accepted by those who thought it gave the 'wrong' result. The same happened here over the Brexit referendum, the independence referendum in Scotland and will happen with every GE that isn't a win for the undemocratic, but noisy, minority.

This is why you are wrong to reject compulsory voting

If they have to vote they cannot complain

• This is why you are wrong to reject compulsory voting

If they have to vote they cannot complain

It may be your opinion, but it isn't mine. Why assume you are right and I am wrong. Why force someone to do something they don't want to do?

What makes you think they wouldn't complain? It's a national pastime. ;)

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• It may be your opinion, but it isn't mine. Why assume you are right and I am wrong. Why force someone to do something they don't want to do?

What makes you think they wouldn't complain? It's a national pastime. ;)

There will always be Rent a Gob but their numbers would be significantly reduced, and ridiculed, if they had to vote

I don't want to pay taxes but I have no choice, we live in a democracy where one is free to express their opinion and try to change others views

• Oh contrare... If you dont vote you literally are not to blame. If the government is crap surely the people who voted for it are to blame.?

Of course you are in the same way that of you did vote and it all goes wrong you are to blame

• "

Boris Johnson got to unwind with his girlfriend Carrie Symonds last night as he celebrated his historic election victory alongside A-list celebrities including Mick Jagger, Princess Beatrice and his old friend David Cameron.

The Prime Minister, 55, walked side by side with his 31-year-old girlfriend as he arrived at a private London residence for a Christmas party held by Russian tycoon and owner of the Evening Standard Evgeny Lebedev.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…rie-Symonds-Annabels.html

A Russian connection?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!