I'll live to regret this, but....

• Ok, for the entire life of the forum so far we've have a central thread called: The Great Debate on Immigration, Race and Religion in the UK where all issues to do with immigration and related matters have gone.

With our expanding membership, there are now multiple posts on issues such as immigration, race, religion, political correctness, political ideology, the political elite, transgender issues etc, so I think it's about time we have a new forum to put all these issues into, so I present to you our latest addition:

Culture and Community

This is where all issues about Britain in the 21st century should go, who we are as a people and a country and where we're going from now on.

I will add a note to the top of the forum soon, but I should warn everyone, that members who are "sensitive" should stay out of this forum. A lighter touch of moderation will be applied here and only reports of illegal activity will be acted on. In other words, all the fights go here and away from everywhere else. Repeat, stay out of this forum if you are easily offended, please, because staff will not deal with disputes here.

I will start moving all related threads into this forum now.

Regards

Horizon

(already regretting this decision...^^)

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• What does 'easily offended' mean? Being offended by being compared to EDL and KKK when my post didn't even touch upon anything racist? Does that mean I am easily offended? If so, then I am excluded. I won't take abuse and you have covered just about every subject except gardening and cookery.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Your opinion is that this new forum covers every subject apart from gardening and food, I disagree. Most political subjects will stay in their existing threads, most general discussion and media subjects will stay where they are. You're very welcome to explore them Fidget.

If you step back for a second, rather than going for my jugular, you might just see the benefit of such a place which was the whole reason I created the immigration thread to begin with. Some people need to discuss their "issues" and now I've created a whole forum for them, while the rest of the site will be business as usual. It is entirely each member's choice whether they visit and post in the new forum or not.

• Jugular? lol - I didn't realise I was so 'hard' and scary. :D

I'll wait and see, but the list you provided appeared to cover most political threads. As I have said many times, it's your forum and your rules, and yes, it's my choice whether I contribute or not. If it turns into a troll/flame/abuse fest then I won't be bothering, but I thank you for the pleasure your forum has given, to date.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Jugular? lol - I didn't realise I was so 'hard' and scary.

I have a sensitive constitution, especially when I've just eaten half a box of chocolates.^^

I'll wait and see, but the list you provided appeared to cover most political threads. As I have said many times, it's your forum and your rules, and yes, it's my choice whether I contribute or not. If it turns into a troll/flame/abuse fest then I won't be bothering, but I thank you for the pleasure your forum has given, to date.

On political subjects, there's topics from Boris's plan for Britain to China's activities in the South China Seas staying where they are, but there are certain subjects which generate the fights and if you look at other sites, it's the same subjects, always:

Race

Religion

Immigration

Sexuality

Political Correctness and media bias

Liberal/metropolitan elites

The forum is getting big now, so I can either ring-fence these issues, as I have done and apart from illegal activity, not moderate these subjects, or not allow them at all.

These topics dominate other sites and are starting to so so here and I cannot have the entire site being overrun with them causing havoc everywhere, when I have so little time to "police" them.

I've gone for the free speech option, that maybe the wrong option, in which case they may become prohibited subjects in the future, but we'll see. Better to let people vent off and let off some steam, than not. I've given them the place to do so and it's each person's choice whether they visit or not.

• Just a quick reminder folks that all topics relating to race relations, transgender/diversity/sexuality, immigration, political correctness or similar topics should all go in the Culture and Community forum.

Some topics such as knife crime or overcrowded hospitals may also need to go in this forum too, for the simple reason that these issues all stem back to the same thing in the end and that is related to immigration.

thank you

• Some topics such as knife crime or overcrowded hospitals may also need to go in this forum too, for the simple reason that these issues all stem back to the same thing in the end and that is related to immigration.

Knife crime related to immigration?

I don't think so

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Well, as per the title of the thread, I have lived to regret it and to rub sort into the wounds, I knew it was a mistake when I did it.:rolleyes::S

I want this site to go back to our origins in 2017 when the site was created and be a pleasant atmosphere to discuss all manor of subjects, share your favourite piccies and generally just be a online version of your local pub, but unfortunately we have strayed so far from that, that the site is almost unrecognisable now and in some places has descended into a farce with nasty insults being thrown around. So, time to change.

The aim of the Culture and Community forum was to allow a "freer" (is that a word?:/) form of debate unchained from the more rigid rules that govern the rest of the site, but it hasn't worked and is affecting the rest of the site causing confusion and numerous problems and will be deleted shortly.

From now on, all members need to engage with each other in a constructive and friendly manner as per our posting guidelines which are laid out at the top of each forum. If continual insults are thrown around, then warnings will be issued and if they are ignored, members will be given a "break" to enforce site rules.

Robust discussion on any subject will of course always be allowed, but if members insult each other calling them liars, nazis, use sexually pejorative language against them etc, then infractions will have to incur. I am well aware of those that bait too...

Members should also use threads on existing subjects, where they do exist and sometimes these are labelled as central threads. Please use the search function, before creating any new threads.

I hope in the future, there will be enhancement to the forum software so that the site can essentially become self moderating, but staff will endeavourer, as best we can given our limited time, to enforce the rules.

Note: some members have taken it upon themselves to continually ignore staff and/or insult them in open forums. That will end only one way.^^ A staff instruction must always be adhered to, no exception.

Let me know what you think below, in a constructive way of course!;)

• About time too. Some of us have been and still are subject to all kinds of abuse from one particular poster who seems determined to continue his pattern of being banned from forums/message boards

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• The problem is no matter the topic everything turns into a left / right / labour / conservative / euro / non euro argument when the problem is all of them no matter which side one takes it's the system as whole at fault.

Come the revolution. 1f637.png

• There's nothing that I can do about that Nora, unfortunately.

What you and newer members will be unaware of, is, that when I created the site in 2017, it was meant to be a purely media site talking about broadcasting and media companies like Virgin Media and Sky etc, but I added politics at the last minute, because that is what generates the bulk of the daily news. It also generates the bulk of the problems on sites such as this too...

• i think it's an excellent idea. Free speech isn't the same as being allowed to be pig ignorant and use deliberately insulting terminology.

• The problem is no matter the topic everything turns into a left / right / labour / conservative / euro / non euro argument when the problem is all of them no matter which side one takes it's the system as whole at fault.

Come the revolution. 1f637.png

There's no harm in discussing politics, politicians are there to he loved or hated - it goes with the territory. As Horizon says he wants the Forum to be the same as a discussion you may have at your local pub

It's when it starts getting personal about other posters that the problems start. OK.I know I am guilty having previously been insulted and baited until I realised that was getting nowhere, and better to ignore

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Bear in mind my frac hammer is restless. As horizon has said there will be a change of tone, hopefully for the better.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• A lot of threads in the Culture and Community forum will get deleted and perhaps some merged and moved. But for the avoidance of doubt, there will be one thread on transgender issues, one thread on main stream media/political correctness and so on.

• The Culture and Community forum has been deleted now and most threads have been merged together and moved, a few threads and posts got deleted, as it was too difficult to merge some threads in a way that made sense. 95% of all posts from the deleted forum have survived the changes.

The bulk of the threads have been merged into a renamed central thread originally created by Casablanca now called: Political Correctness, Liberalism, Free Speech, Sex and Gender Equality.

ALL posts on political correctness, liberalism, elites, transgender issues should go in there. It's pinned in the News forum, so you can't miss it. Any additional threads created on these issues will get deleted. There are some threads remaining on these issues which I've left alone, as it was simply too difficult to merge them, but most of those will get shut down.

Site rules will now be applied to all the merged/moved threads, so please treat each other in constructive way.

• About time too. Some of us have been and still are subject to all kinds of abuse from one particular poster who seems determined to continue his pattern of being banned from forums/message boards

How dare you. This comment alone is a disgrace. That you have the crass nerve to say this is beyond any rational functioning. I have never ..ever.. not anywhere on this forum STARTED with insults. I have only responded to yours and jdots direct insults. It is easy to prove. Or does that not matter. Does truth not matter?

I have the right to respond to your foul shite. But I have never ever instigated any bad personal input and yu will not find it. The fact Horizon appeals for sensible input and allows your response above to carry on with your lies and bile is bizarre.I

You comment above is living proof that you can not stop dishing out lies and bile at me. You dare not even say my username Mali99.

Look, it is simple and I will explain it easily for people like you: Debating a subject, strongly and forcefully is NOT for others to censor by dishing out insults. This is your aim and is always the aim of those leftie liberals.

The thing is when past members have been insulted by you they leave this site or stay away for some weeks but I (Mali99) will respond to people like you and this is a problem for you and jedots.

This is madness.. Horizon asks for respect from members and your immediate response is to carry on lying and insulting me. Your very first response is to carry on doing it and NOTHING is said to you... there has to be a reason.. ??

• Horizon

Closed the thread.