Royal Watch - The Royal Family news and general discussion

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • This is a central thread to talk about all things to do with The Firm, aka the the royal family. All general news and chat about them goes here.

If you want to talk about whether we should have a royal family or not, please use this thread:

The Royal Family. Past its sell by date?.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Meghan's dad on Ch5 now spilling his guts...

• So far, he's seems a very reasonable person and is clearly upset at being cut out of her life. He hasn't even met his grandson...

• I cannot imagine what kind of dad would ho on TV and spill his guts out about his daughter

Must be money in it for him, what a lowlife

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Now Fergie's at it, Fergie who lives in her ex husband's house in the grounds of Windsor Castle.Ex husband who is often seen with his mother

"After Peter Phillips' and Kitty Spencer's royal cash-in Fergie unveils her latest business dream offering Tiffany-style rings, 'coronet' badges (if you buy jewellery) and 'Majestic' bed linen"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…atest-business-dream.html

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• El Gov. have also recinded the order for town halls to fly the union flag on Andrew's birthday after several northern ones said they would ignore the order anyway.

Telegraph story link

Fake news, it never was an order

The government advises and reminds LAs and other significant bodies of significant birthdays which allows them to decide if they want to fly the Union Flag

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• "Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are 'enjoying the quiet life in Canada' with Archie and their dogs and feel 'a weight has been lifted' now they have left the royal family, source tells People magazine"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/fe…-enjoying-quiet-life.html

I see they've added CCTV and higher walls around their "compound" now. Just need need guard dogs and machine guns now to ward off the peasants and they should feed safe.:rolleyes:

• I mentioned to my neighbour, an elderly woman sitting in her front room with one bar on of her electric fire, wrapped in a blanket ( brought her some of my wife's home made hot stew)

As I sat with her I said... "what do you think of Harry and Meghan apparently going through some turmoil as they have to break in to their own £27 million bank account in order to survive in Canada"?

Do you know what she said? ... "why did they move to such an expensive country" ?

• Oh dear, the usual OAP struggling in front of a one bar electric fire. It must be winter

Pensioners have never been so well off, and there are grants for the poorest

Such stories are the stuff of "lefties"

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• "Queen is 'upset' as eldest grandson Peter Phillips 'separates from his wife Autumn' after 12 years of marriage - amid rumours she wants to return home to Canada following Megxit"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…mn-12-years-marriage.html

I am starting to feel sorry for the Queen, she must dread waking up in the mornings wondering what grim news will today bring

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• "Queen's nephew the Earl of Snowdon and wife agree 'amicable divorce'"https://news.sky.com/story/queens-nephew-the-earl-of-snowdon-and-wife-agree-amicable-divorce-11936726Another one bits the dust

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• "Queen's nephew the Earl of Snowdon and wife agree 'amicable divorce'"https://news.sky.com/story/queens-nephew-the-earl-of-snowdon-and-wife-agree-amicable-divorce-11936726Another one bits the dust

It's just a soap opera! They should have compulsory video cameras in all Royal houses and castles as a payback for State income, have live feeds available, with a compilation of the best bits the following day presented on a dedicated pay TV channel.

It would pay for the Royal Family and then some. Forget the UK, the Americans would love it!

• The gall of these Royals in front of an Irish iconic name. While their relatives stash money offshore.

• Prince Charles flew 16,000 miles in just 11 days using three private jets and one helicopter before proudly posing with Greta Thunberg in Davos

• Prince Charles took three flights on private jets and a helicopter before meeting the activist Greta Thunberg
    • After an impassioned speech on climate on Wednesday, he took a fourth private jet from Switzerland to Israel
    • His flight travel totalled over 16,000 miles in less than a fortnight at an estimated cost of £280k to taxpayer

By KATE MANSEY FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

• Here we go, our own Walter Mitty and Irish Republican royal family hater is back from suspension

He has to post here because nowhere else will allow him

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Here we go, our own Walter Mitty and Irish Republican royal family hater is back from suspension

Ha ha taking it up the anus well done you. I have to admire.

Well bugger me... and shiver me timbers. The keyboard skimmer has deviated .

• Prince Charles flew 16,000 miles in just 11 days using three private jets and one helicopter before proudly posing with Greta Thunberg in Davos

• Prince Charles took three flights on private jets and a helicopter before meeting the activist Greta Thunberg
    • After an impassioned speech on climate on Wednesday, he took a fourth private jet from Switzerland to Israel
    • His flight travel totalled over 16,000 miles in less than a fortnight at an estimated cost of £280k to taxpayer

By KATE MANSEY FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

What you might call 'polluting in plain sight'.

You have to stand back and be amazed at the gall of these climate change protagonists, royal and otherwise. A case of 'do as I say and not as I do'. A lot of people get taken in by them, though.

• I always love Charles' view on architecture. He expects us, the peasants, to live in "pretty" tiny shacks all the time, while he has a choice of several castles and stately homes to live in and of course he doesn't travel between them using the train...

• It's just a soap opera! They should have compulsory video cameras in all Royal houses and castles as a payback for State income, have live feeds available, with a compilation of the best bits the following day presented on a dedicated pay TV channel.

It would pay for the Royal Family and then some. Forget the UK, the Americans would love it!

As would I.:)

I went to a play in London about twenty years ago and it was about the Royal Family getting kicked out of all their palaces and having to live in a council house, it was hilarious.

They seem to forget that their wealth and privilege is gleamed from the people, perhaps the people should "tack back control" as that seems to be the "thing" these days.

• What you might call 'polluting in plain sight'.

You have to stand back and be amazed at the gall of these climate change protagonists, royal and otherwise. A case of 'do as I say and not as I do'. A lot of people get taken in by them, though.

I agree. LBC Nick Ferrari is starting a petition to stop the Extinction Rebellion clowns form breaking the law with impunity.