Judgment Day. Deal or no deal.

• Wow. There is still hope of Brexit. The government have released two documents detailing what will happen under a WTO exit, and .... it's quite positive!!!!!!!

See here:

Brexit no deal to see massive tariffs shake up to PROTECT UK producers and TAX EU

Brexit No Deal: May just released TWO documents on no-deal planning - both BACK Britain

There will be tariffs on car imports and agricultural goods, both of which will punish the EU and help fill the Treasury coffers (instead of handing import tariffs over to the EU), but 87% of tariffs will be removed, ie. cheaper prices for consumers, and at no cost to the UK as we don't currently benefit in the slightest from import tariffs. Maybe BMW will think again about retaining Mini production in the UK if we leave under WTO.

• Shame our MP's will take no notice and still go for their little agenda of keeping us in !

• Shame our MP's will take no notice and still go for their little agenda of keeping us in !

It will inform the public of which MP's ignore democracy, and also go back on their promises to leave the EU, but it can't stop a WTO Brexit unless changes to legislation are made. Maybe the Remain MP's will see the hypocrisy of their votes becoming worthless, when they are trying to do the same to our votes.

• I suspect she will allow MP's to take no-deal off the table and then call for another vote on her deal to try and push Brexiters into the never never land of vassalage. For the sake of the UK I hope she fails, again. I don't want to be in the EU, but it's better than May's deal. Anything is better than May's deal. We can vote out Remainers at the next GE.

Yep, just turned on the news and that is exactly what is being speculated on now.

I say one thing for May, she doesn't give up.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• What a surprise that, isn't it? We might actually get stuff cheaper from outside the EU than inside it, who would have thought it!:)

The timing of that release of documents is interesting.

On another note, Hammond has just given his Autumn statement and said Brexit needs to be opened up and it sounds like he is after a different deal. The BBC's Politics show is interpreting his remarks as the beginning of a Cabinet coup against May.

• Brexit: PM to bring third Brexit deal vote to Commons

Theresa May will make a third attempt to get her EU withdrawal deal through Parliament in the next week.

She told MPs that if her deal fails again to get their backing, a lengthy delay to Brexit may be needed.

The prime minister's warning comes ahead of a Commons vote later on whether to ask the EU for permission to delay Brexit beyond 29 March.

Third time lucky.... and if the vote tonight doesn't get passed and the MPs don't vote for a extension, then I reckon the MPs will vote through May's (the EU's...) shitty deal this time around.

Politics students in the future will have a field day with all this nonsense.

• I don't want May's deal, no matter what it costs. It has worse terms than those imposed on murderers. At least they are given hope of an earIy release. I hope the deal gets thrown out a third time.

I wouldn't like to be an MP if the biggest electoral mandate in UK history is thwarted. There are plenty of nutters around, and one or more of them may well be angered enough to use violence against them. I hope not, as this would give them a further excuse that all Brexiters are violent thugs and/or extremists, but if they take away our vote and our voice, and completely demolish our trust ... what choice do we have left?

• I don't want May's deal, no matter what it costs. It has worse terms than those imposed on murderers. At least they are given hope of an earIy release. I hope the deal gets thrown out a third time.

I wouldn't like to be an MP if the biggest electoral mandate in UK history is thwarted. There are plenty of nutters around, and one or more of them may well be angered enough to use violence against them. I hope not, as this would give them a further excuse that all Brexiters are violent thugs and/or extremists, but if they take away our vote and our voice, and completely demolish our trust ... what choice do we have left?

I can see this happening , i will have no sympathy however for many of these traitors , i feel people are getting this angry now.

Vote the lot of them out at the next election, including the utterly useless and feeble Brexit Conservative MPs.

• Right, voting begins again on whether to have an extension to Article 50 and all the amendments too, starting with Sarah Wollaston's motion on whether to have a second referendum after requesting an extension to Article 50.

• The chairman of the English Democrats, who is also a solicitor, has launched a case to block an extension to A50. Here are the details:

Lawyer starts case to block extension to article 50 notice

It's time our politicians were brought to justice for riding roughshod over our democracy and constitution.

What does he intend to do, Fidget? Do a "Gina Miller" and try and take it to the Supreme Court?

There are enough clowns already involved in this process, we don't need any more.

• Here we go, here is the main government motion on whether Article 50 will be extended and going by the vote on Benn's amendment, this will be very close.

• 412 for, 202 against.

So, the government will now go for an extension to Article 50.:cursing::thumbdown:

Edit: Here's the Beeb story on this:

Brexit: MPs vote by 412 to 202 to seek delay to EU departure

MPs have voted by 412 to 202 for Prime Minister Theresa May to ask the EU for a delay to Brexit.

It means the UK may not now leave on 29 March as previously planned.

Mrs May says Brexit could be delayed by three months, to 30 June, if MPs back her withdrawal deal in a vote next week.

If they reject her deal again then she says she will seek a longer extension - but any delay has to be agreed by the 27 other EU member states.

• So, the government will now go for an extension to Article 50. :cursing::thumbdown:

Kick the can down the road again and destroy democracy still further.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• It was just said on Sky News that May said in parliament over hundred times that we would leave on the 29th March. She is now piling pressure on the Brexit Conservative MPs to cave in and agree to her deal. I think they'll capitulate and we will "leave" on the 29th. If we don't, what is parliament for? Might as well do away with them.

• There is one great big snag. May's deal isn't Brexit in any shape or form and there is no escape from it. It's worse than EU membership!

• I know Fidget. The money, in the great scheme of things, is trivial, not that £39 billion is a small sum. But quasi jurisdiction of the ECJ over us post Brexit, is not a trivial matter, neither are all the other issues we discussed last year.

I think the game was up when May won her non-confidence vote against her and you could see the momentum draining from Rees-Mogg and others and they have been very silent since. They'll cave next week, or whenever it will be and vote for her, the EU's, deal.

• And to add, we know what a Brexit deal could've looked like thanks to Fidget's links from last year on what David Davis worked on, which was subsequently binned by May and the "proper" deal came to light.

The Conservative Brexit MPs should've gone for her throat at that moment and they didn't.

As another female PM used to say, "weak, weak, weak."

• Direct action is now being organised to object to a Brexit delay. Go slow blockages are being organised by lorries on all major motorways and highways, starting next Friday and Saturday, especially around ports and ferries.

Anyone on facebook can join the group:

BREXIT PROTEST & DIRECT ACTION GROUP UK

It's time we showed Parliament we won't allow them to ride roughshod over democracy. Sitting back and doing nothing indicates compliance and meek acceptance of their outright deceit and dishonesty.

• Rather than block motorways, the should all turn up at Parliament Square and block things up. That might have a greater effect.

• Rather than block motorways, the should all turn up at Parliament Square and block things up. That might have a greater effect.

The politicians would be sneering at us while the police cleared a pathway for them. Countrywide action is much better.

• I'd love to see the police attempt to move a load of lorries, or farmer's tractors, or black cabs, or all of them from the square. That would be fun to see.:)

Do you think the DUP and conservative Brexit MPs will capitulate Fidget and vote the deal?

• Do you think the DUP and conservative Brexit MPs will capitulate Fidget and vote the deal?

I hope not, but it's beginning to look like that could happen. :(

If so, then even the Brexiters have turned traitor, unless they can get us out of the 'deal', which gives us nothing at all except more years of 'negotiation' (which should really read capitulation).

I'd rather remain on current terms than those terms, but they should give us Brexit, which is what we voted for. Parliament is 100% dishonest, in particular May, but all the others too for dancing to her tune.

• Let's hope the deal is voted down again and somebody like Macron says non to an extension of Article 50. That would be good.:)

• Quite a few Tory politicians are saying they still won't vote for it, and I can't see Labour or the SNP voting for it, so there is still hope.

• Quite a few Tory politicians are saying they still won't vote for it, and I can't see Labour or the SNP voting for it, so there is still hope.

Fingers crossed.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• Third Brexit vote must be different - Speaker

John Bercow has ruled out another vote on the government's previously rejected Brexit agreement if the motion remains "substantially the same".

He told MPs parliamentary conventions dating back to 1604 meant they could not be asked to vote on precisely the same subject twice in the same session.

MPs rejected Theresa May's Brexit deal with the EU by 149 votes last week.

Well that finger crossing and hoping has worked! May's deal is effectively dead.:)

Never thought I'd say this, but I am warming to John Bercow a lot.^^

And without a reason to extend Article 50 now, perhaps the EU might bring this nonsense to a end.