Virgin Media Changelog

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Please post about here about all changes to Virgin Media Services after they've happened.

No discussion is permitted here.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Some changes today, thanks to RichardCoulter and cheekyangus for the info:

Channel Name
    New EPG No
    Old EPG No
    Channel 5 HD
    Channel 5
    5Spikenone - channel removed
    Paramount HD
    Paramount Network187188
    Comedy Central HD132181
    Comedy Central181132
    MTV HD
    MTV183134
    VH-1none - channel removed
    MTV Classic
    316none

In effect, ViacomCBS have moved HD channels up the EPG while moving the SD versions down, Spike has been renamed to Paramount with the original film based Paramount channel getting axed and some MTV logos on the EPG now have a larger size.

Please see Recent changes on the VM Network for discussion of these changes.

• Ch 739 ZooMoo HD closed yesterday.

• Ch 330 Box Upront has closed.

• As of Today (21/01/20):

•Discovery has rebrand Home as HGTV on Virgin UK Channel 279.

•Discovery has rebrand Home +1 as HGTV +1 on Virgin UK Channel 283.

Although the logos in the EPG haven't been changed yet, they're still showing the Home logos.

• TheWatcher on Cable Forum has noticed that Virgin Media has finally implemented, in the on-screen prompts, the Press Yellow for +1 Channel functionality that has been a hidden feature for some time.

My box rebooted overnight, so there may have been a software update to do this.

• RobboEdin on Cable Forum, assuming I'm understanding correctly, has confirmed a new software rollout (see quote below).

The release currently being implemented is 20.9.2.RC3-VMB-11.

• The Hayu streaming service is no longer available on the Virgin Media platform.

Protect the vulnerable and get back to work

• Food Network moves from 278 to 285

HGTV moves from 279 to 286

Home & Health moves from 280 to 287

Discovery Shed moves from 281 to 288

Travel Channel moves from 282 to 289

HGTV+1 moves from 283 to 290

Home & Health+1 moves from 284 to 291

GOD moves from 287 to 292

Horse & Country moves from 298 to 293

• Sky Documentaries HD and Sky Nature HD have launched today on channels 277 and 279 respectively.

The History channels have been rebranded to Sky History HD, Sky History +1 and Sky History 2 HD.

Protect the vulnerable and get back to work