When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I was chatting with my sons the other day and somehow we started talking about what was a Red Flag for them when they were checking out girls. I was surprised by their first answer which they blurted almost in unison.

Girls with Android phones are their biggest Red Flag and absolute no-no, they won't go near them. I find this most amusing as an Android user myself. I have yet to find out why a girl with a Galaxy S10 is not relationship material...

I am happily married and so I'm not really in the relationship look out game, but if I were,one of the biggest Red Flags for me is women wearing too much make up and fake tan. In fact the whole over done female beauty thing. I really don't like walking through department stores where women are getting makeup done by the in-store experts. I find the whole over done slap thing a bit nauseating to be honest. I like a more natural look, more classy and less brassy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I was chatting with my sons the other day and somehow we started talking about what was a Red Flag for them when they were checking out girls. I was surprised by their first answer which they blurted almost in unison.

Girls with Android phones are their biggest Red Flag and absolute no-no, they won't go near them. I find this most amusing as an Android user myself. I have yet to find out why a girl with a Galaxy S10 is not relationship material...

I am happily married and so I'm not really in the relationship look out game, but if I were,one of the biggest Red Flags for me is women wearing too much make up and fake tan. In fact the whole over done female beauty thing. I really don't like walking through department stores where women are getting makeup done by the in-store experts. I find the whole over done slap thing a bit nauseating to be honest. I like a more natural look, more classy and less brassy.

To me beauty is within

• To me beauty is within

Interesting Bryan.

But is there anything, any tiny detail, anything at all that you would find unacceptable and would prevent you from pursuing a relationship with someone, I will not assume your preference so I'll stick with someone.

Perhaps if the person was covered in warts, or had a foul temper or kept beating you up...something?

Surely there must be at least one Red Flag - perhaps they vote Conservative?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Those who end their sentences with "know whatta mean?" and especially "innit". Smokers too. Can't stand the smell.

• Those who end their sentences with "know whatta mean?" and especially "innit". Smokers too. Can't stand the smell.

Yes, poorly spoken, catch phrase laden small talk with no substance is very off putting.

I forgot about smokers, absolute no-no, a total red flag. However, you don't see many smokers these days, or at least I don't.

Vaping is somehow worse don't you think? A bit grubby.

• Interesting Bryan.

But is there anything, any tiny detail, anything at all that you would find unacceptable and would prevent you from pursuing a relationship with someone, I will not assume your preference so I'll stick with someone.

Perhaps if the person was covered in warts, or had a foul temper or kept beating you up...something?

Surely there must be at least one Red Flag - perhaps they vote Conservative?

No, not really. Even right wing bigots I would not ignore

Two instances on appearance

Immediate neighbour moved in covered in piercings on every visible part of his body including a huge ring through his nose. The sort you would cross the street to avoid. However conversation revealed that he was a devout practising Christian and a lay preacher

Woman who used to live in this area, shaved head and tattooed on every visible part of her body - she used to wear vests to show them off. Swaggering around again usually to be avoided. Once you got to know her though she was the sweetest kindest person you could ever wish to meet

So to answer your question I would say, never judge a book by its cover

• No, not really. Even right wing bigots I would not ignore

Two instances on appearance

Immediate neighbour moved in covered in piercings on every visible part of his body including a huge ring through his nose. The sort you would cross the street to avoid. However conversation revealed that he was a devout practising Christian and a lay preacher

Woman who used to live in this area, shaved head and tattooed on every visible part of her body - she used to wear vests to show them off. Swaggering around again usually to be avoided. Once you got to know her though she was the sweetest kindest person you could ever wish to meet

So to answer your question I would say, never judge a book by its cover

I agree you never know who you are looking at but you always know who you are talking to. Having said that tattoo lady would be a red flag to me, end of, no matter how nice she is, not even if she could suck a tennis ball through 20 yards of hosepipe.

Incidentally do you consider all people who have right wing views to be bigots?

• I agree you never know who you are looking at but you always know who you are talking to. Having said that tattoo lady would be a red flag to me, end of, no matter how nice she is, not even if she could suck a tennis ball through 20 yards of hosepipe.

Incidentally do you consider all people who have right wing views to be bigots?

Yes

• I never contemplate or respect any person who wants you to accept their opinion while not in any way wanting to even tolerate your opinion. I am not saying there should be rules set in stone. I am saying that my free choice should never be ignored when I want to respect you free choice and you demand that your opinion be respected and accepted.

• I never contemplate or respect any person who wants you to accept their opinion while not in any way wanting to even tolerate your opinion. I am not saying there should be rules set in stone. I am saying that my free choice should never be ignored when I want to respect you free choice and you demand that your opinion be respected and accepted.

Live and let live is my motto. We can disagree on issues online or face to face but I will still respect your right to hold and express those opinions. Sadly those on the left tend to be guilty of projection that is to say they accuse others of being the very thing they are themselves. It is a classic lefty tactic. You see it on here from some characters regularly.

• So you are by your own admission a Bigot.

You might think that, I couldn't possible comment

The difference of course is that I am very tolerant of others views, and even try to help those with bigoted views

• You might think that, I couldn't possible comment

The difference of course is that I am very tolerant of others views, and even try to help those with bigoted views

It is not me bandying epithets around.

You do that but I don't.

• I have blocked bryanluc. I tried being nice and respectful only to be called a liar or at best a dishonest person.... I dont waste my energy on such people.

• I have blocked bryanluc. I tried being nice and respectful only to be called a liar or at best a dishonest person.... I dont waste my energy on such people.

We'll see how log it lasts, this time

• An Android phone WTF and both at the same time. That's really weird. Not really something to base a relationship on except for maybe a clash of interests. Most kids are pretty clued up when it comes to tech and live in a different world from the majority of the rest of us. Or maybe they see other systems as more money, a different class.

Honesty and openness has to be the most important. It's a Red flag if lacking that.

• An Android phone WTF and both at the same time. That's really weird. Not really something to base a relationship on except for maybe a clash of interests. Most kids are pretty clued up when it comes to tech and live in a different world from the majority of the rest of us. Or maybe they see other systems as more money, a different class.

Honesty and openness has to be the most important. It's a Red flag if lacking that.

I have managed to prize a little more explanation from them and apparently girls who have Android phones are, and I quote “well dodgy” and should be avoided.

Hope that helps ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!