EPG slot advertising for sale on Social Media

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • I just saw, thanks to a @RXTVlog retweet, that they are advertising for interested parties for Horse & Country EPG slot on Sky EPG, on Twitter!

That's a first for me.

Link for those that embeds don't work for.

• We need more Sky posters here for this stuff. (Anyone who hasn't been banned from DS and wants to post links to here in their main Sky thread, please go ahead.;)^^)

Two EPG slots are being sold. I wonder what the other one is.

Very unusual for such a public auction of slots, but I suppose the audience is vast, so why not?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Well it won't be me doing that thread. Never subscribed. Got an old box of theirs 2nd hand for Freesat, but that's thing is so ancient the EPG is probably a grandparent. :P

I hadn't even noticed the second channel slot mentioned, that's how closely I read that before I posted it! 8|

• We need more Sky posters here for this stuff. (Anyone who hasn't been banned from DS and wants to post links to here in their main Sky thread, please go ahead.;)^^)

Two EPG slots are being sold. I wonder what the other one is.

Very unusual for such a public auction of slots, but I suppose the audience is vast, so why not?

I don't think that Sky SD slots are as sought after as they used to be, so they're probably trying to spread their net even wider to atteact a buyer.

I suspect that the other slot might be the former Nollywood/Retro Movies slot that the administrators are trying to sell.

• I don't think that Sky SD slots are as sought after as they used to be, so they're probably trying to spread their net even wider to atteact a buyer.

I suspect that the other slot might be the former Nollywood/Retro Movies slot that the administrators are trying to sell.

SD? What's that got to do with it? Sky software swaps the HD versions in if you have those as part of your subscription and have the required box capability.

• We have Sky Sports via BT TV and they have just sent a pamphlet advertising their new tie up with Sky offering us endless Sky rubbish programmes via our BT TV box

No thanks

If They Can Do It So Can I

• SD? What's that got to do with it? Sky software swaps the HD versions in if you have those as part of your subscription and have the required box capability.

For some years the launch queue has been closed for new SD channels on Sky. Channels wishing to start in SD must, therefore, obtain an SD slot from an existing SD channel or from a recently closed SD channel (before it expires).

• For some years the launch queue has been closed for new SD channels on Sky. Channels wishing to start in SD must, therefore, obtain an SD slot from an existing SD channel or from a recently closed SD channel (before it expires).

I hadn't heard that. Ta. :)