New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • My life has not changed one bit and I will not change my behaviour just because the MSM is pushing yet another silly story so as to bury ANDREW into the past.

Its pathetic, people talk as if ... "oh my God, help me, help me, what will I do... I cant get that plane to Beijing"!!

when in fact, virus or not, they have never and will never even contemplate going to China.

There are Sheep and Sheep dogs and then there are people who know the way the hills lie.

• Since the government is not a virus expert this advice surely has come from those who actually know about these things. Nothing to do with Boris.

Of course it is, he is in chare of our security and health

• What appropriate measures have we taken other than advice from Doolittle Johnson's government to self isolate and wash you hands

How many are already here and spreading the virus?

What are you on, Bryanluc? We have three cases and all of the people affected are in hospital, and those who could have the virus, having travelled from China, are in isolation.

If Labour were in power and did exactly the same, you would have no problem with it. Let's call out the government if they muck up, rather than criticise them for every single thing they do for the sake of it. It is highly unlikely that we have any infected people out there carrying the virus due to the two-week incubation period. We now have in place appropriate measures to deal with this virus. I'm not clear what additional measures you would have the government take.

• What are you on, Bryanluc? We have three cases and all of the people affected are in hospital, and those who could have the virus, having travelled from China, are in isolation.

If Labour were in power and did exactly the same, you would have no problem with it. Let's call out the government if they muck up, rather than criticise them for every single thing they do for the sake of it. It is highly unlikely that we have any infected people out there carrying the virus due to the two-week incubation period. We now have in place appropriate measures to deal with this virus. I'm not clear what additional measures you would have the government take.

I would equally criticise any government that did nothing to stop the spread

Exactly what measures can you tell us has this government taken, other than self isolate and hand washing?

France for example where there have been a few cases has closed all schools, Belgium is equally taking closure measures. What have we done to stop the spread, we have allowed unlimited travel to the UK from places where the virus is rampant

• I would equally criticise any government that did nothing to stop the spread

Exactly what measures can you tell us has this government taken, other than self isolate and hand washing?

France for example where there have been a few cases has closed all schools, Belgium is equally taking closure measures. What have we done to stop the spread, we have allowed unlimited travel to the UK from places where the virus is rampant

Ah, yes, inflict the disruption of closing all the schools and create all that mayhem for working parents. It's a bit drastic when we only have three confirmed cases, isn't it?

The handwashing and isolation is simply advice people should take with any flu virus, but as far as those coming into the country from China and Singapore are concerned, we already have measures in place. The people who have just been evacuated from Wohan are all being kept in isolation on arrival.

• Ah, yes, inflict the disruption of closing all the schools and create all that mayhem for working parents. It's a bit drastic when we only have three confirmed cases, isn't it?

The handwashing and isolation is simply advice people should take with any flu virus, but as far as those coming into the country from China and Singapore are concerned, we already have measures in place. The people who have just been evacuated from Wohan are all being kept in isolation on arrival.

They are isolating arrivals now but how many have already arrived

• I believe that those who had arrived before the new measures were implemented have passed the incubation period now.

Jan 13th was the first reported outside of China

Do you have knowledge of the infection period?

• The incubation period is two weeks. We would know by now if anyone arriving in the UK before 26 January had contracted the virus.

As it's flu season OB, I don't see how the average person would be able to tell the difference between normal colds and flu and this virus, until it was too late. Luckily, this appears to be a mild strain.

• Are you over 55, do you eat a lot of seafood or have long term exposure to it, do already have a chronic pulmonary condition, disease or other long term health conditions. The majority of people that are affected by this are the same that would be more susceptible to the common flu more or less. Seafood is the only other factor. You could catch a common flu, end up with pneumonia and die. What's the difference. It's slightly more potent and aggressive flu if your unlucky enough to catch it. The odds are you wont catch it. You have to be in a pretty bad way to begin with. No point in closing down schools full of perfectly healthy children.

Of the 99 patients with 2019-nCoV pneumonia, 49 (49%) had a history of exposure to the Huanan seafood market. The average age of the patients was 55·5 years (SD 13·1), including 67 men and 32 women. 2019-nCoV was detected in all patients by real-time RT-PCR. 50 (51%) patients had chronic diseases. Patients had clinical manifestations of fever (82 [83%] patients), cough (81 [82%] patients), shortness of breath (31 [31%] patients), muscle ache (11 [11%] patients), confusion (nine [9%] patients), headache (eight [8%] patients), sore throat (five [5%] patients), rhinorrhoea (four [4%] patients), chest pain (two [2%] patients), diarrhoea (two [2%] patients), and nausea and vomiting (one [1%] patient). According to imaging examination, 74 (75%) patients showed bilateral pneumonia, 14 (14%) patients showed multiple mottling and ground-glass opacity, and one (1%) patient had pneumothorax. 17 (17%) patients developed acute respiratory distress syndrome and, among them, 11 (11%) patients worsened in a short period of time and died of multiple organ failure.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lance…0211-7/fulltext

Like most things the media want to make a mountain out of a molehill. The government are not that worried about it as they had coach drivers with no protective suits and masks on but they had others onboard with a protective suit to either help create more hysteria and make it look worse than what it is (nice distraction for other matters) or more likely to show face and that they are actually doing something to help reassure and calm the public down from the media pandemic. They even put the coach drivers into 2 week isolation as an extra precaution. None of them have caught anything but then they are not old and vulnerable as would anyone need to be more vulnerable to catch the common flu. All the government are doing is putting on a show to help calm the public and counteract the manipulative negativity and non factual stories they come out with. You have about as much chance of catching this as you do rabies.

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51442314

Looks as it Boris is listening to me

"The UK government has declared coronavirus a "serious and imminent threat" to public health, as it announced new powers to fight its spread.

Under the measures, people can now be forcibly quarantined and will not be free to leave".

• HUNDREDS who came into contact with a Brit coronavirus "superspreader" on a packed easyJet flight are being hunted after he is already feared to infected at least seven people.

The middle-aged businessman contracted the deadly virus while at a conference in Singapore and is now said to be at the centre of a web of cases across the UK, Spain and France.

This individual seems to be the sole source for all the cases so far. Most seem to have stayed with him in the same ski chalet in France.

• This individual seems to be the sole source for all the cases so far. Most seem to have stayed with him in the same ski chalet in France.

So, someone came back from China or was in contact with a Chinese person and then decided to go skiing. How thoughtful of them.:rolleyes:

Under the measures, people can now be forcibly quarantined and will not be free to leave".

Roll on the police state, but under the circumstances, a necessary measure.

• Four more, the domino effect applies

At least the Doolittle government says they are starting to do something

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51442314

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!