New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Now we know what the advice to the government was at the time and why more draconian measures were delayed.

( Times link left in for those who subscribe )

When a senior government member says "we are following the science" what they are saying "I haven't the faintest idea why we're doing that"

Can there be a better example of the blind leading the blind?

When Churchill told Beaverbrook to get built more Spitfires he didn't add that you have go through a whole load of time-wasting crap (endless committees, debate, procedures and protocols)

• When a senior government member says "we are following the science" what they are saying "I haven't the faintest idea why we're doing that"

When Churchill told Beaverbrook to get built more Spitfires he didn't add that you have go through a whole load of time-wasting crap (endless committees, debate, procedures and protocols)

What you mean ids they are saying they are giving me a good excuse not to take responsibility especially if it all goes tits up

• Our waffle government is ramping up the waffle excuses

Did you see that prat of a minister this morning on GMTV that Suzanna and Piers interviewed. OMG if I could have punched him in face through the screen I would have done. I would smacked him so hard in the mouth that he would never be able to open it and talk such shite ever again and then I would have shoved his head up his own backside to make doubly sure because shit belongs with shit.

As for all this stuff about testing and PPE is absolute nonsense they are blatantly lying through their teeth and simply telling people what they want to hear. Speak to the medical staff on the front-line and you will know the truth. When you have a consultant doctor tell us that he was in the supermarket and saw a member of the public wearing a mask of higher standard than what he is given for work there is something seriously wrong. We also have TV programmes like Holby City and Casualty donating their wardrobe departments gear...that is insanity. How old is all that gear and how many times has it been worn, it may look good but that all it is....a costume and props. Then again it's a step up from medical fetish ware. :rolleyes:

Coronavirus: Casualty and Holby City donate medical equipment to NHS

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertain…c-a9423176.html

• Did you see that prat of a minister this morning on GMTV that Suzanna and Piers interviewed. OMG if I could have punched him in face through the screen I would have done. I would smacked him so hard in the mouth that he would never be able to open it and talk such shite ever again and then I would have shoved his head up his own backside to make doubly sure because shit belongs with shit.

They are all the same, Gove was waffling on the news conference yesterday

You can predict what they will say "we are ramping up testing for frontline workers, and we have plentiful supplies of PPE "

Cue NHS workers demanding tests that nobody's getting and no PPE

I cannot believe the ministers are lying because they know they will be found out so are they being given false information and not listening to the regular news items or are they just parrot fashion repeating what Cummings has told them to say

I also wonder if the regular teatime news conference from Downing St has pre-asked questions. I only wonder because none of the interviewers ever challenge what the minister of the day says

• This guy says exactly what I have been saying and I 100% agree with him..... the voice of common sense........

I don't agree with Liberal Lord Sumption at all, or not much, or the idiot commentator.

The virus is dangerous, the State is not overreacting and is trying to protect people, finally. Yes, some police are acting like idiots, nothing new there, but people should stay at home wherever possible and it is as simple as that.

• Now we know what the advice to the government was at the time and why more draconian measures were delayed.

( Times link left in for those who subscribe )

Thanks for this link Heero, especially as I'm unable to follow news closely at the moment, so those providing links here is VERY helpful.:thumbup::thumbup:

Now we know why Boris had such a laid back attitude then.

Having worked for so called clever people, the one trait they all seem to have in common is they seem to lack common basic sense despite their super brains.

By the end of January, it was clear that the situation in Wuhan and the rest of China was bad and the same was going to happen here and many people were going to die. Why couldn't the "experts" realise this?

What should've happened is the airports should've been put on lockdown and the foreigners prevented coming here, but instead there were worries about pissing off Chinese businessmen (what the minutes don't say) and now we are where we are.

My mum was four metres from a new dialysis patient yesterday who had the virus and later on we found at that three dialysis nurses have been tested for the virus and considering there close working envrioenment, that means all the nursing staff has it...=O=O

About time we had less fucking experts and have some proper leadership and Prof Ferguson should be invited to go on holiday to somewhere nice like Wuhan. If it was Thatcher, she would've sacked him by now.

• I'm not sure in this context that kidney problems fit the underlying health problems

I think it's mainly chest problems that are of concern

• Hitler had some good ideas, unfortunately he had some pretty bad ones as well. I am a great believer in eugenics, but there is a right and wrong way to go about things. Stopping the wrong people from breading would be a good start, but that's a discussion for another day. Perhaps when Covid-19 is out of the way.

PS the left wing snowflakes are by far the most bigoted people in the country

Eugenics is as unjustifiable as it is revolting. Those who believe in the idea of exterminating masses of people because they do not meet the standards arbitrarily set by another group of people do not belong in this world. Those who believe in eugenics do not deserve the air they breathe.

• When a senior government member says "we are following the science" what they are saying "I haven't the faintest idea why we're doing that"

They are following the medical advice.

The grim reality is that this virus will not go away until it has reached about 80% of the population (the point of 'herd immunity', the concept of which seems to offend some). So as they start to relax the restrictions, infections will rise again, and this will keep happening until herd immunity is reached. Unless, of course, the summertime temperatures kill it off, which seems unlikely now given that the virus has survived in hotter climes.

So all we are doing is keeping the peak infection rate flatter and spread over a longer period, which will take the pressure off the NHS.

And guess what - that's what the government has been trying to achieve all along. This virus is going to pass through all but 20% of us, whatever we do.

• Eugenics is as unjustifiable as it is revolting. Those who believe in the idea of exterminating masses of people because they do not meet the standards arbitrarily set by another group of people do not belong in this world. Those who believe in eugenics do not deserve the air they breathe.

Say goodbye to every politician in the world then and many companies. It does not always require gun to the head. Someone could simply let a deadly virus loose. :huh:

We have not even reached peak in this country yet and the US is in an even bigger mess.....

EUd-Q2-JFXg-AIKTYI.jpg

• PLATO > >

"If you do not take an interest in the affairs of your government - then you are doomed to live under the rules of fools"

"Woe to the land that is governed by a child."

William Shakespeare. Richard III

You know who I mean.

• Say goodbye to every politician in the world then and many companies. It does not always require gun to the head. Someone could simply let a deadly virus loose. :huh:

We have not even reached peak in this country yet and the US is in an even bigger mess.....

EUd-Q2-JFXg-AIKTYI.jpg

Someone mentioned this conspiracy theory that this virus originated from the States -- a lab in Washington -- and arrived in China via the Military Games in Wuhan in October 2019. The US military participating in the games under performed so much so that they were nicknamed the Soy Sauce soldiers.

• Someone mentioned this conspiracy theory that this virus originated from the States -- a lab in Washington -- and arrived in China via the Military Games in Wuhan in October 2019. The US military participating in the games under performed so much so that they were nicknamed the Soy Sauce soldiers.

That sounds very "Stephen King"...... deadly virus incubated in secret military lab... gets out into the wide world.... causes pandemic.....

I do hope the weather doesn't turn foggy soon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!