New Chinese virus spreads

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • External Content www.bbc.co.uk
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Could this be the new bird flu? It's already spread to other countries outside China.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I don't think bird flu effect was as serious as the Asian flu of the 50s

I actually caught that and was bed ridden for nearly a week with doctor visiting every day, they did in those days

• External Content www.bbc.co.uk
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Could this be the new bird flu? It's already spread to other countries outside China.

It could be. Let's hope spring arrives before it can take hold in the rest of the world, but I guess that only puts it off until next winter.

Hopefully, Asian countries will start managing their animals better as a result of all this, to avoid these infections from starting in the first place. It's bad hygene that causes these diseases - they need to learn the lesson before anything worse is unleashed in the future.

• I don't think bird flu effect was as serious as the Asian flu of the 50s

I actually caught that and was bed ridden for nearly a week with doctor visiting every day, they did in those days

Let's hope this one isn't serious, Bryanluc.

• It could be. Let's hope spring arrives before it can take hold in the rest of the world, but I guess that only puts it off until next winter.

Hopefully, Asian countries will start managing their animals better as a result of all this, to avoid these infections from starting in the first place. It's bad hygene that causes these diseases - they need to learn the lesson before anything worse is unleashed in the future.

I agree their bad hygiene is the cause here, but lets worry about this virus first, before anything else.

Hundreds of millions of Chinese are moving around as they celebrate the Chinese New Year spreading this everywhere. If it's already spread to other Asian countries, it can only be a matter of time before it spreads here.

• This threads contains 3,436 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or log-in to continue reading.