New Chinese virus spreads

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Those deemed not at risk or not important enough by some faceless committee will be way down the list that's guaranteed. I certainly dont expect to be vaccinated at any point during this year and maybe never.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Errr the maths are a year just for the elderly and the most vulnerable not the whole country. For the whole country it's something like 6 years unless they can up their weekly doses to much higher than the 2 million which is going to be a struggle to begin with. All the numbers are be vastly exaggerated at the moment because it fits the political narrative. It take them year just to do regular yearly flu jabs. You also have to take into consideration the supply chain. Production of vials, storage and transportation.

Boris and his sidekicks are about to come on TV again anytime in the next minute or so. Lets see what waffling dribble they can come out with now.

You are right, but there is no reason why it has be like it is. I accept we can can't vaccinate everyone in a day, but the vaccine can be produced fast enough to vaccinate every adult in a MUCH quicker time period. We need to think outside the box, and forget using doctors surgeries. Giving an injection takes five minutes training, it's not rocket science. We can use sports halls, churches, and just about any public building.

White lives matter

• On the news this morning that China is refusing entry for the WHO to investigate the source of their Chinese virus. Looks mighty suspicious and makes people believe in the rumour that the virus was developed in a weapons lab.

All. Lives Matter

• On the news this morning that China is refusing entry for the WHO to investigate the source of their Chinese virus. Looks mighty suspicious and makes people believe in the rumour that the virus was developed in a weapons lab.

I can understand that, but they were a great band in the day

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

White lives matter

• I can understand that, but they were a great band in the day

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Very Funny - Ha Ha

All. Lives Matter

• :facepalm

Covid: Can smart patches help give the coronavirus vaccine?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-55558812

It won't help for the short term, and I have my doubts we will ever hear anything this again, but there is a point to be had. The biggest problem we face is the roll out of the vaccine, as the supply won't be the problem for much longer. If there was an easier way to administer the required drug, it could just be posted to us. Of course, even with an injection it could be made so much easier. The entire country can vote in a day, but it's going to take at least a tear before we all have two jabs. To vote and to have an injection take about the same time

White lives matter

• Yeh I thought about postal service or door to door delivery as it's not difficult for someone to give themselves an IM injection if they want one. I used to give a friend who had Parkinson's regular Apomorphin jabs. He had a separate fridge just for his med's and vials of the stuff in box's. Personally I'm not interested in any inoculations and don't fear death. I don't look at death as something negative like many folk do and look at the positives of alternative realities and other dimensions. I also see death as saving a life of those still here in this current dimension as someone else can have the food and energy I wont be using though I would prefer it to go to other animals instead of humans. I also don't believe that anyone should be forced to be inoculated and it is individual choice.

If they done postal service it could even be in the form of an allergy epipen or one of those devices that diabetics use to simplify things and get some folk over the fear of needles. The problems I see here is keeping the vaccine at the right temperature. Also the gov will want to keep track of everyone and have details of all who have been vaccinated so local collection from chemists would be better accept for large gatherings and close contact of people. The may also want a witness to someone being vaccinated so therefore they will want officials doing the job like the chemist etc actually giving jabs rather than just handing out a take-away or postal service.

The bureaucracy will take up most time with vaccinations as supply and dishing out could be simplified. Someone will have to sit with the person for little while in case of an adverse reaction and medical help may need to be close at hand. Then there is keeping a record and tracking of batch numbers in case there is a problem and they need pulling off the shelf so to speak and a cover story created for the press. Chemists could keep a record of batch numbers. I bet somewhere like Holland will do a better job than us as they have heroin clinics for a daily fix before folk go off to do a days work. They could be utilised whereas we don't have sensible drug programmes like that.

We could have supply timing issues with the vaccine as it's made in in India. Designed in the UK but not produced here.

https://economictimes.indiatim…/articleshow/80090618.cms

Nothing unusual as loads of drugs are made out there but there is the timing of delivery when distance is involved plus we wont be the only country with demands for supply. Yet again this shows the importance of making Britain great again and getting British industry up and running. Plenty of highly skilled folk when you look at how many illegal drugs are made in shady backstreet sheds and railway arches for the club scene and streets. Self taught Scientific Pharmacists or whatever the label is for those that design and make drugs.

We also need more media coverage to remind folk that a vaccine DOES NOT save you from catching COVID and just reduces the strength so you are less likely to require hospital treatment. It basically gives your immune system a fighting chance. Mask wearing, distancing and all the other stuff technically should still be in place (if you believe in that) until the the majority of the country is vaccinated and the virus has been mostly been wiped out of hosts which could take a few years yet, by which time we may have something new to fight.

This is why I don't want the vaccine and would rather let my strong immune system do it's thing instead of weakening it and becoming addicted reliant on drugs. My parents done well allowing me to play in dirt and all the shit which gave me a good grounding for a strong immune system being built and has served me well over the years so far. Pus I was a large baby when born which contributes to better immunity. If you take drugs your body then either needs a higher dose as the drug has less effect or you may even require a new drug because the old no longer has the same effect. It makes me laugh, so many against illegal drugs yet we have a country full of vaccine junkies. There's a huge false sense of security over the vaccine and is basically one big political money spinner game as well as more importantly reducing hospitalisations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55579028

• Yeh I thought about postal service or door to door delivery as it's not difficult for someone to give themselves an IM injection if they want one. I used to give a friend who had Parkinson's regular Apomorphin jabs. He had a separate fridge just for his med's and vials of the stuff in box's. Personally I'm not interested in any inoculations and don't fear death. I don't look at death as something negative like many folk do and look at the positives of alternative realities and other dimensions. I also see death as saving a life of those still here in this current dimension as someone else can have the food and energy I wont be using though I would prefer it to go to other animals instead of humans. I also don't believe that anyone should be forced to be inoculated and it is individual choice.

I don't fear death either, it's the bit that leads up to it that bothers me

White lives matter

• Well, major vaccination centres are opening up. There are seven now, and my nearest one is only four hours away. Apparently they want to vaccinate up to 40,000 a day. Just worked it out, that will take four years for us to get the first jab, and only eight for the second. Perhaps they need to think again

White lives matter

• I'm more than happy to take the vaccine if offered it just hope that those who have been offered it, but dont want it, are happy to keep away from and not infect those those that want it but aren't deemed at risk or important enough to get it yet.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I'm more than happy to take the vaccine if offered it just hope that those who have been offered it, but dont want it, are happy to keep away from and not infect those those that want it but aren't deemed at risk or important enough to get it yet.

The funny thing is that the vaccine doesn't make you immune to the virus, it just stops you being ill with it. That means those who choose not to have it can still be infected by all those who have had it. As a result, those sceptics who think their heads will fall off if they have the vaccine, will have to lock themselves away, or just keeping getting Covid. As well as that, there is a good chance restrictions will be imposed on those who haven't been vaccinated. The biggest problem at the moment is the roll out. If the government don't come up with a better plan than we have at the moment, it's going to be a very long time before we can all have it.

White lives matter

Edited once, last by Bibbles ().

• Well, major vaccination centres are opening up. There are seven now, and my nearest one is only four hours away. Apparently they want to vaccinate up to 40,000 a day. Just worked it out, that will take four years for us to get the first jab, and only eight for the second. Perhaps they need to think again

With the AstraZeneca vaccine coming on stream, the vaccines will become available in doctors’ surgeries, pharmacies, etc. The problem with the Pfizer vaccine is that only some centres are able to cope with the very low storage temperatures. The AZ one doesn’t present that problem.

Protect the vulnerable and get back to work

• With the AstraZeneca vaccine coming on stream, the vaccines will become available in doctors’ surgeries, pharmacies, etc. The problem with the Pfizer vaccine is that only some centres are able to cope with the very low storage temperatures. The AZ one doesn’t present that problem.

Yes the way to go has to include pharmacies and such places being able to administer the covid vaccine to the public the way the current winter flu vaccine is done the priority should be to allow that to happen.

• With the AstraZeneca vaccine coming on stream, the vaccines will become available in doctors’ surgeries, pharmacies, etc. The problem with the Pfizer vaccine is that only some centres are able to cope with the very low storage temperatures. The AZ one doesn’t present that problem.

The figures the government have quoted (vaccines per day) means it will take for ever to vaccinate the country. At 63 years old my estimated first jab will be in mid may, with the second one in August. They have to find a way to accelerate this

White lives matter

• Yes the way to go has to include pharmacies and such places being able to administer the covid vaccine to the public the way the current winter flu vaccine is done the priority should be to allow that to happen.

Pharmacists aren't going to make much difference. Firstly, does the average pharmacists have the staff to carry out the task? Secondly, If they vaccinate one person every 20 minutes, that means they will will vaccinate about 27 people a day. That is a very small piss in a very large ocean. We need large vaccination centres in every town. At present my nearest one is four hours away. I do take my hat off to the government though, because we have now vaccinated more people than the rest of the Europe put together.

White lives matter

• that means they will will vaccinate about 27 people a day. That is a very small piss in a very large ocean.

Yes but times that by the amount of pharmacies per area that can do vaccinations and its a considerable amount more than just 27 a day, and for me a pharmacy is easier to get to that some remote vaccination centre miles from anywhere and I suspect a lot of other people are in the same boat as me. As far as I am concerned they have to use every option at their disposal to get people vaccinated, they could turn schools and community centres into vaccination centres like they turn them into voting locations when there is an election.

• Care of the elderly in the UK.

It's going to be very hit and miss and area dependant on how and who gets the vaccine. I don't like the word vaccine as it sounds like a cure as in your protected and misleading folk. They should call it an immune booster as it basically means you wont get ill to the point of requiring hospital treatment. All it's doing is giving weak immune systems a fighting chance. I think they wont people to start catching covid and getting closer to each other thinking they are immune to get heard immunity going by spreading the virus around. Hopefully all those that have had the vaccine will get away with the equivalent of flu.

TBH I don't think they have ever moved away from the herd immunity thinking they had at the beginning and that's why all the rules have been so vague with people breaking them and late lockdowns and all the rest of it. Can a government be so self absorbed and thick to f**ck things up so bad or is it all intentional and calculated. Herd immunity without calling it; the deliberate intention of getting people to naturally spread it about by breaking rules so the gov can't be blamed directly and they can blame the people or rule breakers as they like to call them.

It's also interesting how the word 'jab' has become a thing. It's junkie street talk where that word originates from in the context of needles. We might have BoJo talking about spliffs next instead of cannabis. LOL

• Not much social distancing going on there. Just going to make things worse.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• That que is as a result of poor organisation. You just can't wait to slag off the government, when in reality there is little more than they can do. We have already vaccinated more people than the rest of Europe put together, and for that they should be applauded. We have also got the most generous Covid benefit and compensation packages in the WORLD. We are even paying for fat dole scroungers to feed their kids for God's sake. OK, they haven't got everything right, but I somehow suspect no government in the world has. Our climate and our old and overpopulated country hasn't helped matters.

You are right, the vaccine isn't a true vaccine, in the fact it doesn't stop anyone getting it, it just stops people getting ill with it. That is why we all need to have it, because those stupid enough not to have it may become very ill. To be honest I think they deserve it for being stupid, but that's another issue.

I know I may be in risk of being pedantic here, but you mentioned that the vaccine would reduce symptoms to "Flu Like", I can only presume you have never had proper flu. It killed 60,000 people in 2016, and if you had had it, you would know why. It really is horrible

White lives matter

• I soooooooooo love this.............

I dedicate this post to OB who is always telling me that I should believe in Britain.

^^^^^^^^

I went to university in Portsmouth and I can seriously say that there are "Pompey Mooshers" who fit the description of Colin to a T.

Brilliant parody.

• So did my son, it turned him into a screaming lefty snowflake

White lives matter

• 100'000+ people have now died in Britain after providing a positive test for Covid 19. This is the third highest fatality rates per 100'000 of population in the world.

UK Coronavirus Deaths Pass 100'000

Snip

Christina Pagel, a professor of operational research at University College London and also a member of Independent Sage, said that with deaths lagging infections by three to four weeks, the death toll would rise further.

“I could say it’s shocking that [the] UK has [the] worst death toll in Europe*, or we could have prevented this with earlier measures in September or October, and it would be true,” she said. But this had been true for weeks, she added, and scientists had repeatedly stressed the gravity of rising infections. “Scientists were saying it all December, warning that deaths would go up after Christmas.”

desktop.jpg

Yesterday alone recorded more than 1'500 deaths, a new one - day record for this pandemic.

Far from getting to grips with the problem, it seems to be getting worse. The reasons for this are many and varied, but all of them lead back to one source: Government incompetence.

*Please note the chart above is by 100'000 of population. The comment that refers to Britain as having "The worst death toll in Europe" is by number of deaths. Italy has a smaller population and therefore has more deaths per 100'000, but has had some 20'000 fewer actual fatalities (79'182 at today's figures).

• Actually the deaths are 83000. That said, the vast majority died with the disease, rather than of it. That's to say, if a 100 year old man jumps in front of a bus, and is then tested for covid and it proves positive, it's a covid death. Different countries have different criteria, and Spain/Italy don't include care home deaths. Whilst you are hell bent on slagging off the government, perhaps you should congratulate them on giving the most generous financial care packages in the entire WORLD. You should also give them a pat on the back for getting more people vaccinated to date than the rest of Europe added together. That said, the allowing of people to get together over Christmas was daft, but NI, Wales, and Scotland also joined in with the madness.

LOL. Like a circuit breaker in September would really have made a difference. After two weeks we would have opened back up and the virus would simply have run wild. Lockdowns just press the pause button, they don't do anything else. If people behaved sensibly then perhaps we would have less deaths, so perhaps it's not the rules that matter, it's the behaviour and common sense of the public.

Unfortunately we are following suit with other countries, and vaccinating people in the wrong order. We should be looking after the work force and vaccinating those who are most likely to spread it. The old and those in care homes can isolate with effort.

Finally. If 1000 people died every day of covid, it would still take over 30 years for the country to have a population it could deal with.

White lives matter

• What, the same ‘incompetent’ government who had the foresight to invest in and order sufficient vaccines for the whole population and intends to have all vulnerable groups vaccinated by mid- February; who have managed to be the first in the whole of the EU and most of the world in getting that vaccine into people’s arms and is well ahead of the game in its inoculation programme?

No government in the world has got everything right in dealing with a virus that only became known about in this part of the world this time last year, and the death toll is not a reliable measure of competence because every country has different methods of recording; different numbers and densities of population; different levels of immigration; and crucially, there is that little uncomfortable fact that the virus is still out there. So without the brilliant vaccination programme that we now have in this country, how much further will the death toll climb in other countries before the deaths are brought to a halt? A comparison at that point would be more appropriate, but a way must be found to compare figures on an equivalent basis.

Like everything, it seems, you are far too quick to jump to judgement. It may yet be found that Britain was pretty well managed during the pandemic when all is said and done. We need to wait and see.

Protect the vulnerable and get back to work

• Bigger high st pharmacies like Boots are being considered for vaccine rollout now and there's talk of supping all the smaller local pharmacies which are being called the little ship like in Dunkirk WFT is wrong with these people LOL IOt good job that ll those war heroes are dead now. How disrespectful insulting to use them as a comparison.

You just can't wait to slag off the government,

Well they are murderous genocidal bastards. While we are on the war analogies shall we call the care homes gas chambers. You will be pleased to know that the same is happening again all over Sussex with deaths in care homes. Governments should not get to decide who lives and dies especially when one can be a tory supporter and buy their way out of a death camp. Travel has not been restricted and enforced so now the IOW and the Isles of Scilly have large COVID outbreaks as they where left as tier one when they should not have been. So was it OK for those that lived on the Isle of Wight to take a ferry across to the higher tier mainland to work and back or for folk to pop over to the IOW so they could go to the pub FFS. I suppose it was all OK as long as paying the ferry some money. If I was the PM I would shut down everything including the supermarkets and have the Army hand out supplies of 24h ratpacks on a daily basis and at the same time they can assure nobody is outside their house who should not be. All borders would be locked tight no in or out for anyone outside of cargo planes bringing in emergency supplies and those would not be commercial airliners but the RAF doing their bit.

• We have vaccinated very few people because one injection does not class as being vaccinated. They are playing with numbers again like they did with the PPE gloves and test and trace swab tests. It's bollox. There are no guarantees that with the long waiting time to be fully vaccinated with 2nd injection that it will be enough and they know it hence why BoJos dad has had the two injections. By that stage the vaccine could be like 50% immunity instead of 90% and now we have the South African strain over here. There are about 20 reported cases in the south. So lets see where we are in a months time. Basically the gov are well on the path to fu***ing up the vaccine programme as their next success. I bet they writing out all their excuses already or they will set rules up that will be broken because or confused mixed messaging so they can pass the blame on and cover themselves.

Anyway for a bit of light heartedness at the BBC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…imity-devices-office.html

37728436-9121867-image-a-62-1610035506577.jpg

• Bigger high st pharmacies like Boots are being considered for vaccine rollout now and there's talk of supping all the smaller local pharmacies

Should have been doing it this way right from start, as for all the sound bite tabloid daft headline nonsense of comparing it to this that or the other best to ignore all that and just get the job in hand done, I'm certainly not going to waste my thoughts on it other than that.

• Bigger high st pharmacies like Boots are being considered for vaccine rollout now and there's talk of supping all the smaller local pharmacies which are being called the little ship like in Dunkirk WFT is wrong with these people LOL IOt good job that ll those war heroes are dead now. How disrespectful insulting to use them as a comparison.

Well they are murderous genocidal bastards. While we are on the war analogies shall we call the care homes gas chambers. You will be pleased to know that the same is happening again all over Sussex with deaths in care homes. Governments should not get to decide who lives and dies especially when one can be a tory supporter and buy their way out of a death camp. Travel has not been restricted and enforced so now the IOW and the Isles of Scilly have large COVID outbreaks as they where left as tier one when they should not have been. So was it OK for those that lived on the Isle of Wight to take a ferry across to the higher tier mainland to work and back or for folk to pop over to the IOW so they could go to the pub FFS. I suppose it was all OK as long as paying the ferry some money. If I was the PM I would shut down everything including the supermarkets and have the Army hand out supplies of 24h ratpacks on a daily basis and at the same time they can assure nobody is outside their house who should not be. All borders would be locked tight no in or out for anyone outside of cargo planes bringing in emergency supplies and those would not be commercial airliners but the RAF doing their bit.

You appear happy to take all responsibility away from the individual. Because we are allowed to do things, doesn't mean we should. Your ideas are quite bazaar. Infections aren't coming through the lack of further restrictions. How many people do you think are dying as a result of click and collect, let alone picking up a take away. Almost all the infections are through entering each others homes. I can look out my window now, and guarantee you that I will witness half dozen people breaking the rules by the end of the day. Do you honestly think that a young couple who are in love won't meet up for six weeks, and do you think kids won't play with their friends. The scenarios are endless. Finally, do you really think the army could actually distribute food to the entire nation, and how why wouldn't they be isolating anyway?

As you may know, I am a great advocate of euthanising people of a given age, early 70s preferably. They cost the country a fortune and serve very little purpose. If we had of done this the death toll from Covid would have been almost nothing, and those who suffered from that awful disease would have had a quick and painless death.

White lives matter

• Should have been doing it this way right from start, as for all the sound bite tabloid daft headline nonsense of comparing it to this that or the other best to ignore all that and just get the job in hand done, I'm certainly not going to waste my thoughts on it other than that.

It's a very small piss in a very large ocean. The amount of people they can vaccinate is next to nothing.

White lives matter