New Chinese virus spreads

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Simply throwing money at the problem isn't enough. Too much of the money put into the NHS is spent on bean counters and statistic gathering for facts and figures for God only knows what purpose. It sure as hell doesn't go towards improving the service. To get all the information necessary to improve the service, just ask the bloody doctors. They'll tell you without an army of bureaucrats number crunching all day.

More doctors, nurses, hospitals and equipment. Better training. More paramedics, ambulance crews and OT facilities. Better diagnostic systems....... Shall I go on...?

The tories have provided none of these things.

There are too many people in hospital who should not and do not need to be there. Hospitals should only be there for the very ill

Hospitals are very slow and reluctant to discharge

Relatives are not keen to have anyone who needs domestic care home which they will have to contribute to the cost of. Hospital care is free

• I bet surgeries are under siege in the UK from patients with sore throats, a temperature, and cough

Most people would be dead before they got the appointment. I like the idea of charging the GP £10 to go and see them actually :rolleyes:

I'm not going to freak out over this virus yet. If I see people dropping down dead around me like like Black Death, then I will worry. For now the media are out in force and we all know how the media like to dramatize and manipulate things just to get a story.

• Simply throwing money at the problem isn't enough. Too much of the money put into the NHS is spent on bean counters and statistic gathering for facts and figures for God only knows what purpose. It sure as hell doesn't go towards improving the service. To get all the information necessary to improve the service, just ask the bloody doctors. They'll tell you without an army of bureaucrats number crunching all day.

More doctors, nurses, hospitals and equipment. Better training. More paramedics, ambulance crews and OT facilities. Better diagnostic systems....... Shall I go on...?

The tories have provided none of these things.

Neither did Labour.

I agree with you on your overall assessment of what's wrong with the NHS as far as you take it there, but the problems go so deep, it will take a huge amount of government determination to turn it around.

It needs a massive overhaul, but there are too many people who would stand to lose from this and would try to sabotage any reforms they tried to put through. Can you imagine the outcry if the unions had their members down tools? The government would have to be very strong and determined to overcome that.

For the last 10 years, the Conservatives have been in a minority, in a coalition or have had a tiny majority, and their priority has been to put the economy back on track.

Suddenly, everything is transformed. Now we have a government with a good working majority, the Brexit problem is over bar the trade deals, the economy is in better shape and we have a Prime Minister who, notwithstanding his faults, wants to introduce real change.

We now have the means by which we can commence the transformation of the NHS and care services in this country and Boris needs to make this his priority. It certainly won't be easy, but if he succeeds, he will surely be rewarded at the next election.

In the meantime, we had better just hope this Chinese virus does not come at us big time, because the way things are, people will be fighting to get on a trolley, let alone a bed.

Protect the vulnerable and get back to work

• In the meantime, we had better just hope this Chinese virus does not come at us big time, because the way things are, people will be fighting to get on a trolley, let alone a bed.

They are now

If this virus arrives it will be a fight to get in the doors

• The Chinese government warned today (Jan. 26) the new coronavirus spreading through the country appears to be contagious as much as two weeks before symptoms appear. In a press briefing, the head of China’s National Health Commission, Ma Xiaowei, said scientists’ understanding of the virus was still “limited” and the outbreak was likely to continue for “some time,” according to the South China Morning Post.

Most of the patients originally diagnosed with the virus were exposed at the Huanan seafood market in Wuhan, which also trades in wild animals believed to be the source of the infection. Genetic analysis suggests the new coronavirus originated in fruit bats, according to China’s Centre for Disease Control and Prevention. That gives it a common ancestor with the SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) virus. The SARS outbreak in 2002-03 infected thousands and killed more than 740 people around the world. While people infected with SARs generally developed symptoms within a week of infection, Ma warned that people with the new coronavirus could be contagious for as many as 14 days before showing signs of infection.

That last sentence should be ringing alarm bells everywhere as people who are infected may have probably already spread round the world.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• There is a video simulation of the possible spread of the virus world-wide on link above. Estimating 30m deaths in the first 5 months.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• And all those masks that everyone is wearing wont prevent one from catching anything. They will help with general airborne pollution but according to an MD they wont prevent the virus passing through.

• And all those masks that everyone is wearing wont prevent one from catching anything. They will help with general airborne pollution but according to an MD they wont prevent the virus passing through.

If it did, it would also prevent you from breathing!

• There are other ways the virus gets transmitted for example by contaminated surfaces or personal contact. I think the face masks are just to prevent blind panic by the paranoid.

4312-gwban-gif

The general advice is constant hand washing. Perhaps we should all start wearing disposable gloves

• Not me I would rather catch small doses of viruses and other nasties so I can build up my immunity in the same way vaccinations work. If I was weak and vulnerable then I may think differently but thankfully I have a strong immune system. Maybe because I expose myself to dirt and grime and not afraid to get my hands dirty. I'm sure my mother let me crawl around in all kinds of dirt when I was young. I'm a little disappointed that I never caught swine flu when that was about. It would have been kind of like having a flu jab. :D

• Not me I would rather catch small doses of viruses and other nasties so I can build up my immunity in the same way vaccinations work. If I was weak and vulnerable then I may think differently but thankfully I have a strong immune system. Maybe because I expose myself to dirt and grime and not afraid to get my hands dirty. I'm sure my mother let me crawl around in all kinds of dirt when I was young. I'm a little disappointed that I never caught swine flu when that was about. It would have been kind of like having a flu jab. :D

I think that poor hand hygiene is the suspected way of spreading it, maybe if you have a strong immune system your body would reject it but still pass it on

• External Content www.bbc.co.uk
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How apt for today

• Bio Weapon?

On January 23, 2020, Syrian jihadi cleric Abd Al-Razzaq Al-Mahdi issued a fatwa permitting Muslims to celebrate the spread of the Coronavirus in China, and further permitting Muslims to pray to Allah to annihilate the people of China.

https://www.memri.org/jttm/jih…avirus-china-accuse-china

We know that China are attacking the Muslim communities, indoctrinating and enslaving them. If China decide to retaliate this could get nasty not to mention the effect it will have on other countries. I wonder....could this be a common interest that brings China and the US closer together.

• I certainly hope so, Nora. China has come a long way since its Mao days. Just one more push is needed to form a friendship with the West.

• China is a totalitarian police state. The Corona Virus will fade away just as Ebola and the virus scares of times gone by. More people will die of flu in UK this year and 90% of them will be elderly people trying to cope in winter.

• A shortage of face masks is forcing Chinese to improvise:

lemon_mask.jpg

4312-gwban-gif

• External Content www.bbc.co.uk
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How apt for today

The government knew about this for weeks and were people coming off the planes from China stopped and quarantined, of course not. Who knows how many of them are wondering around.

It's a good job that this virus doesn't seem to be particularly deadly, otherwise we'd all be in trouble.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I quote a so-called expert interviewed on Talk Radio..... "There is PROBABLY a risk that someone will PROBABLY carry the virus and PROBABLY might get on an aeroplane and PROBABLY perhaps come to UK and PROBABLY might, perhaps, PROBABLY might, perhaps, PROBABLY give cause for concern"!!!! They then went to the studio guest and said: "Well what do you think"? She replied; "Well I think he is probably right"!!!!????!!!

This is the level of crap we are having spun at us. This is a non-subject. This will fade away by next Friday. We can then all get back to Ant n Dec and Dancing on Ice and gender crap, invented bullshit.

I do wish the British would wake up. You have shown the way ref BREXIT and told the world you will never be subserviant, this is the REAL British spirit so why dont you stuff all thos MSM crap and make the MSM publish real news... pensions... housing ... police powers.... Elderly care.. mentally ill care... etc etc .. Pedophiles - sex abusers... Prince Andrew, whats happening with this guy??

• All those sheep. No time to graze. :P

4312-gwban-gif

• 50,000 people die from Flu every year.

I would guess more people have died as a result of cars driven out of control from hitting a pothole than have died from Corona Virus. In fact I would guess more have died as a result of a person, with Flu, driving a car, sneezing and losing control.

Come on people you are being spoonfed news crap to take your minds off of the real issues. Pedophiles in positions of power - Housing - Banks - wage levels - pensions - Radical Islam - Control over the words we use and how we think - Is Andy Pandy a Vapist ?? Perhaps he has never smoked LOL LOL.

PS: and why is it a Radical Muslim Terrorist, sent to prison, was released after 14 months in prison. and our wonderful MSM prefers to dish out weeks of shite about the "struggling" Harry and Meghan with £25 Million in the bank, apparently mentally tortured over moving to Canada????

• 14 months is that all he got. You could get more for possession of a bit of puff if it wasn't a first offence and you had large personal supply. 8|

Yes yes and yes a mountain out of a molehill to divert us and make us all scared. I becoming really sick of the media because they seem to feed of doom and gloom and it's drilled into us. It's so serious I want to put a plastic bag over my head and suffocate or maybe wear a water bottle LOL

5-77.jpg

And if I can't find them then maybe I shall try and Orange LOL

QyhhWsr.jpg

Oh yeh did I tell you...

Aliens 'Are Breeding With Humans To Save Earth', Oxford Professor Claims

"Aliens are just next to us..."

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.…4eb7ff9660e3?guccounter=1

• OK, "terrorist killer story" has done its run.... and now over to the studio for the silly, moronic story, to distract you....

"Ex PM Cameron's Close Protection officer leaves his gun and Cameron's Passport in the toilet on an airplane" ...... tune in tomorrow for the Corona Virus update, when probably a woman will probably, might, perhaps probably feel a tad ill and probably, may, perhaps, probably have flu-like symptoms which are NOT certified as the deadly Corona virus??

(PS: who mentioned prince Andrew??? )

• Breaking:

Brighton is only just down the road from here (~14 miles) That's a bit too close for comfort.

4312-gwban-gif

• Are the Chinese covering up a serious situation?

Full story and screen shots on link above.

4312-gwban-gif

• LOL... Saw an Irish guy the other day... I thought I would catch Potato blight...

External Content youtu.be