New Chinese virus spreads

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • It's Brexit all over again. They didn't like the first result so they are looking for a different answer that suits they agenda better. I wonder how many so called scientists they will get through before they find the one with the answer they want. Sadly I have no trust in Science these days. The days of true Scholars like Einstein are long gone and it's more about funding than science now. Letters before of after you name are just that....letters, nothing more and nothing less. You can even buy your own qualifications these days.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Omicron is subsiding in South Africa at a rate of knots for some reason. We are down by thousands where we were recently rising.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• That's V Good news LW. Hopefully, by sometime next month, we'll be past the worst of it too in the UK, but things are going critical for us in London right now.

My local hospital, which we go to three times a week, is losing tons of nurses each day due to covid, so I just hope the system doesn't collapse.

And continiung the good news theme, this from the other day:

Covid: Vulnerable NHS patients to be offered new drug
    The drug - sotrovimab - is given as an infusion to high-risk patients who have caught the virus.
    www.bbc.co.uk

And I'm glad to say the NHS has actually gotten in touch with me and offered this drug should I need it for my mum. They seem to have their computer systems finally working! And:

Covid: No new restrictions in England before Christmas - Boris Johnson
    But Boris Johnson says "we can't rule out any further measures after Christmas" as Omicron spreads fast.
    www.bbc.co.uk

But I suspect we'll get an annoucement about a lockdown next week, but at least there are no restrictions over Christmas.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It's Brexit all over again. They didn't like the first result so they are looking for a different answer that suits they agenda better. I wonder how many so called scientists they will get through before they find the one with the answer they want. Sadly I have no trust in Science these days. The days of true Scholars like Einstein are long gone and it's more about funding than science now. Letters before of after you name are just that....letters, nothing more and nothing less. You can even buy your own qualifications these days.

That's a bit harsh Nora. Just look at some of the break through Crispr for instance.

I am the one in ten a number on a list

I am the one in ten even though I don't exist

Nobody Knows me though I'm always there

A statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care

I'm the murderer and the victim the license with the gun

I'm a sad and bruised old lady in an ally in a slum

I'm a middle aged businessman with chronic heart disease

I'm another teenage suicide whose life ended at 13

• Here it comes your all unvaccinated until you get your forth prick....

A world suffering from OCD :whistling:

• Just ran some figures for Omicron based on current data.

If 2 million people all catch it in the same week there will be

1092 in hospital

118 deaths.

And even those low numbers depend on the same illness in people with triple vaccines.

Load of panic about nothing.

Those poor pubs and restaurants :(

• South Africa is starting to confirm that Omicron is basically mild. We have far fewer hospital admissions in the 4th wave and all those who do end up there are either unvaccinated or have serious comorbidity.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Here it comes your all unvaccinated until you get your forth prick....

A world suffering from OCD :whistling:

I will have one jab per year max. If I am required to have them more frequently by law it will be under severe duress with me putting up the fight of my life against anyone who tries to restrain me.

Politicians be warned, the ballot box will take away your power and status.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Politicians be warned, the ballot box will take away your power and status.

I hope the zealots in Wales and Scotland who have jumped the gun and set about destroying what's left of their hospitality sector live to rue the day.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I will have one jab per year max. If I am required to have them more frequently by law it will be under severe duress with me putting up the fight of my life against anyone who tries to restrain me.

Politicians be warned, the ballot box will take away your power and status.

I will happily have one a month, whats the big deal? There are people more concerned about civil rights than they are their health or the health of.

the nation, I just don't get it.

One thing i will say, is that I am adamantly against further restrictions, but don't have an issue with mask wearing, albeit I don't believe they make any difference. The vaccine is on offer for everyone, and we are all pretty aware of what we need to do to keep safe. Yeah, let's have vaccine passports if that's what it takes to keep society rolling, but by introducing further restrictions, and even lock downs, it's just making the same politicians who have told us the vaccine is the way forward, just look idiots.

• I hope the zealots in Wales and Scotland who have jumped the gun and set about destroying what's left of their hospitality sector live to rue the day.

Absolutely. Total over reaction

• I guess the hospitalisation and death from covid figures are low as long as you are not the one being hospitalised and dieing 😉

As you lay on your death bed you can remark to your gathered family and friends that statistically you are very unlucky. I'm sure it will bring them great comfort.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I guess the hospitalisation and death from covid figures are low as long as you are not the one being hospitalised and dieing 😉

But then several hundred people die every year from the common cold, we accept that people die.

• The Chinese virus in all it's variants has adversly affected almost every country in the world. Is it a good model for any country wishing to dominate the world to adopt when developing germ warfare products. ????

• The Chinese virus in all it's variants has adversly affected almost every country in the world. Is it a good model for any country wishing to dominate the world to adopt when developing germ warfare products. ????

What precisely have they gained? Oh and its called Covid19 not Chinese virus.

Oh and its called Covid 19 for a reason.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!